Vesey signs with Rangers; huge thread now moot

jsb

Detorit's GM said Vesey's agent said Vesey said Detroit was to far away. Perhaps Detroit's GM made sh## up. 

"We did our best," Red Wings assistant general manager Ryan Martin said. "We spoke to his agent about depth and opportunity. He said he preferred to play closer to home."

Edited by LGR4GM

I feel bad for his agent. Lots of work, but relatively little compensation.

Of all the people and entities for whom I have sympathy in this scenario - the agent is the only one who doesn't make the cut.

That guy's been almost entirely responsible for creating the hype overkill that led to some backlash against the Vesey sweepstakes.

Who are the Rangers top centers?

Derek Stepan - 22g, 31a, 53pts 72games, 26yrs old

Mika Zibanejad - 21g, 30a, 51pts, 81games, 23rs old

Sabres top 2 centers

Ryan O'Reilly - 21g, 39a, 60pts, 71games, 25yrs old

Jack "Motherfu##ing" Eichel - 24g, 32a, 56pts, 81games, 19years old

And he really thinks he is better off on the NYR... alrighty, enjoy dumbass. 

Edited by LGR4GM

I'm not getting my hopes up that he's coming here because I would be shocked after all this that he comes back to the team that traded for him. It would be nice if he did sign here because then Zemgus and Evander might be on the move elsewhere. What comes as crazy if he ruled out Detriot being too far then you would have to rule out Chicago as well.

Edited by SabresBillsFan

If I were him. I would take Chicago knowing that I could then join Buffalo in a couple years and continue winning. Backes contract in Boston should be concern enough to stay away from home.  :lol:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.