How do you feel about Sabres charging for NHL Draft?

PromoTheRobot

Good spit balling.

This is a big part of my thinking: It's a little like hosting a party. You don't charge your guests in order to recoup those costs. Well, at least, you don't if you're a grown-ass person who knows how to host a party.

There are benefits though. I always like hosting b/c the next day my fridge is filled with a smorgasbord of various beers left behind.

A real treat.

Frankly, I think charging for draft ducats smacks as much of the league as it does the Sabres.  I hate that they decided that Buffalo was the place to institute such a policy.  After having a crap team for the last few seasons, charging $20-$30 for a previously free (or nearly free) event will make us look small and cheap.  It'll be interesting to see what the reaction is from around the league, media (especially Canadian media) and out-of-town fans.  Also, let's see what happens when next year's draft comes along...

Well, I will be watching the thing on TV (for free) and will only be interested in the first and eighth pick.  Other than that, I can read about it the next day (also for free). 

So are you baffled by the fact that an overwhelming majority of cities give tickets to the draft away for free? 

I'm actually more baffled that anyone other than the parents of the draftees even goes to these things. They are barely watchable on TV.

I'm actually more baffled that anyone other than the parents of the draftees even goes to these things. They are barely watchable on TV.

I didn't want to go until I heard Uncle Terry was charging a cover fee (and BYOB; draft noon-?). Now I want to go and am outraged that I cannot afford to.

I didn't want to go until I heard Uncle Terry was charging a cover fee (and BYOB; draft noon-?). Now I want to go and am outraged that I cannot afford to.

1.  I will give you the $30.

2.  Bring a book or some crossword puzzles.

In my book, the idea is to go and watch the top 10, since we're in the top 10.  Of course, the highlight being our pick.  It's something interesting to attend as a free event.  As a pay-per-view, its interest is replaced by annoyance. 

Okay, I thought about it for awhile.  To charge season ticket holders is absolute BS. They should set aside the X number of tickets they are offering to season holders first and be like "you can have 2 free tickets" give the season guys a week to get them and then release them to everybody and charge whatever. 

Okay, I thought about it for awhile.  To charge season ticket holders is absolute BS. They should set aside the X number of tickets they are offering to season holders first and be like "you can have 2 free tickets" give the season guys a week to get them and then release them to everybody and charge whatever. 

I like this idea. I'm also wondering if I get the four I requested if a Canadian will give $500 for the four of them. I may not go if that's the case. :unsure:

Brian and Seth MacFarlane are blowhards.  Gwen is awesome.

Very nice to know of that deep cut - thank you, sir.

And, yeah. She may be cashing in on some vaguely defined brand at this point, but let no one ever say that Gwen Stefani isn't forever the shiznit.

Eve_-_Let_Me_Blow_Ya_Mind_ft__Gwen_Stefa

#NeverForget

(With the obligatory apology to Ink whose stated preference for curvy ladies is somehow forever burned into my memory.)

I can't even (as the kids would say) with you guys...

As they used to say.

And anyway, come on. This is fun!

I once crossed paths with Gwen (and her beau at the time - the singer with the band that sounded like early Nirvana (can't think of his name or their name)). What struck me (still does): She's tiny. Like, it seemed as though a strong breeze would have sent her flying away like a stray plastic bag.

As they used to say.

And anyway, come on. This is fun!

I once crossed paths with Gwen (and her beau at the time - the singer with the band that sounded like early Nirvana (can't think of his name or their name)). What struck me (still does): She's tiny. Like, it seemed as though a strong breeze would have sent her flying away like a stray plastic bag.

I remember my brother had such a crush on her. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.