DLDT: Draft Lottery Discussion Thread, 4-30-2016, 8:00pm est

WildCard

Mitch Marner, the co-captain of the London Knights was awarded the Red Tilson Trophy as the Ontario Hockey League's most outstanding player on Tuesday.  (marner may be a leaf next season  the good news continues)

Edited by millbank

Do people do this on other boards? See a huge debate about a rival and then go post good news about the rival? I don't really see the point in it other than antagonizing others

because so many of you antagonize me fair is fair 

like to think this a hockey forum

because so many of you antagonize me fair is fair

like to think this a hockey forum

It is, but it is based around Sabres fans. It'd be different if you commented on other topics, like the draft in general, the playoffs, or even Complaint Thursdays and what not. Idc you're a Leafs fan, I don't see the purpose of that Marner post though

Again Mill gets a pass based on relative unbiased hockey knowledge and a history of fair discussions. That being said Millbank should both teams get good at the same time the flame throwing may get hot around here...nothing personal.

admit to prodding the bear somewhat..  give some slack i 75 years old and likely dead and gone before Leafs win anything , in my life they arguably have never had a elite player.  Good ones yes but not elite.  Have been on this board since its very first day, do also root and wish the sabres well, but frankly have had it with much many of you the crap you spew about my team .Have at me I get it . 

admit to prodding the bear somewhat..  give some slack i 75 years old and likely dead and gone before Leafs win anything , in my life they arguably have never had a elite player.  Good ones yes but not elite.  Have been on this board since its very first day, do also root and wish the sabres well, but frankly have had it with much many of you the crap you spew about my team .Have at me I get it .

Some here have to be reminded of your hx here. That being said enjoy the spew it means both teams now in the same division are getting better and have something to brag about. Its a good thing.... i just cant stand what Buffalonians perceive as the anti Sabre bias in the league and TO may get some of the focus of that wrath this year because of the snotty way your media portrayed the Leafs tank as something less than machiavellan. Really nothing to be ashamed of, embrace the Tank.... leafs front office are fully embracing Buffalos strategy the last two years and copying it is the sincerist form of flattery. I truly hope this rivalry dominates the NHL East for years to come. bothe franchises deserve it.

*checks website banner*

Yup, still reads "SabreSpace." I'm going to continue to trash talk the Leafs, Bruins, Flyers, and any other team I feel like hating at any given moment. The notion that we're supposed to be all nice and friendly about the Leafs because a single Leafs fan sporadically posts here is hilarious to me.

*checks website banner*

Yup, still reads "SabreSpace." I'm going to continue to trash talk the Leafs, Bruins, Flyers, and any other team I feel like hating at any given moment. The notion that we're supposed to be all nice and friendly about the Leafs because a single Leafs fan sporadically posts here is hilarious to me.

Thank you

###### the leafs. Millbank is cool though.

This is truth.

*hopes for 100 yrs of Leafs failures*

*hopes for 100 yrs of Milibank posts here*

Agreed. No issues at all with Millbank (or fans of any other team) posting here. Hell, I don't have any problem if he wants to come here and brag about the Leafs--I enjoy trash talk with other fans. I'm sure as hell not going to change my fandom because of his presence though.

For those who don't know: Millbank knows things. Lotta hockey knowledge and lore in that gray matter.

Hey ya, Millbank!

And, while I know I am saying it for the umpteenth time, I enjoy the rivalry with the Leafs but lack that visceral hate of the franchise. Because many reasons.

Some of us find it enjoyable to hate your favorite team's rivals. Simple as that. It's just sports, not like we're cheering for Toronto fans to suffer great personal tragedy.

And nobody is asserting the Leafs are a perfect team or are done rebuilding or whatever, but I think it's a mistake to discount their current trajectory based on a set of completely unrelated decision makers from years past.

I don't like the Bruins, Leafs, Flyers, etc.  I don't want them to win.  I want them to lose, all the time.  That's different than coming onto a forum and posting how much you hope Matthews gets injured just because the team you dislike won the lottery and you're all flavors of upset because two years in a row your team did not.  Had the Sabres won the lottery, if you would have said the same thing about Matthews then fine... but I think that's completely suspect.  The kid has no control over who ends up winning the lottery.

As to your second point, I will counter with.  It's Toronto. :)

That's different than coming onto a forum and posting how much you hope Matthews gets injured just because the team you dislike won the lottery and you're all flavors of upset because two years in a row your team did not.  

Did you, do you think that the professed "hope" was genuine? Sincere? Or maybe something else? Like maybe it was meant to absurd, intentionally ridiculous. The sort of thing that can be cathartic without needing to be taken literally.

Was Sittler not considered to be elite?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.