GDT: Buffalo @ Carolina, 7:00 pm est, 3-22-2016

WildCard

To be fair their odds to make the playoffs last night before the game were at .9%. That's quite the stretch.

Have you ever been over on Two Bills Drive on the Monday after the Bills are mathematically eliminated? You know right after the ship sinks in Titanic, and they show the wide shot of the area and it's just hundreds of people in life jackets screaming in the dark? It's exactly like that. Edited by sodbuster

I actually think Reinhart's defensive zone play has improved a lot over the course of this season. He's fairly solid.

I don't really think it's his defensive projection that would keep him away from the pivot. Possibly his modest speed? I'm not sure.

I remember an article talking about some super-duper-all-star team -- maybe based on players from different eras -- and the sports personality who was putting it together had some collection of all-time greats in an interview (like, Crosby, Messier ... I can't remember who else ... Dionne?), and the joke was made "Listen, fellas ... some of you are going to have to play wing." Everyone laughed. But then it was all like, "not me, dude."

Ya - I didn't mean to suggest Reinhart is too slow to play center in the NHL.

If anything keeps Reinhart on the wing, it will be the fact that he needs to be in the Sabres' top 6 and Eichel for sure centers one of those lines and O'Reilly most likely centers the other one.

Is the consensus that Sam Reinhart is a poor defensive player? I haven't heard this before and haven't noticed. Given his hockey IQ, I find it hard to believe.

Sam is actually usually in very good position in the d-zone. Only weakness I've seen is will sometimes stand by a guy instead of tying him up, or trust his ability to pick off passes too much. He's far better than Jack IMO (I'm not bashing Jack)

Larsson and Reinhart are blowing me away lately.

Foligno and Gionta are playing well, but Larsson is the heart and soul of that third line.  He creates all the offense, and the defense is anchored around him.  He's tough, and other teams hate him. He's the guy that we all thought Girgensons was last year (except Larsson is much stronger on his skates).  I hope he can keep it up.

Samson is turning into a beast.  His physical play is worlds better than it was in October.  Now he's regularly shrugging guys off and making plays.  I thought he was better than Jack last night.

Dan's gotta get him some time at pivot.

Samson is turning into a beast.  His physical play is worlds better than it was in October. 

And galaxies better than his 9-game stint last year.  He keeps learning and developing.  I think Jack is too, but that 9-game peek last year made a big impression on Reino, methinks.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.