GDT: Edmonton @ Buffalo, 7:30 pm est, 3-1-2016

WildCard

Is this place going to be insufferable for the rest of the season? Yes? Okay. 

Definitely. Not looking forward to it.

If that's how you want to spin it, be my guest. 

So how did you mean it then if I'm mistaken? Hard to take it any other way when you reference the last 5 years. How many players on the ice tonight have played consistently for the Sabres the last 5 years?

I'm more pessimistic when I'm drinking. I probably shouldn't post anymore tonight. Drunk, after a Sabres loss tonight and a 'Cuse loss to NC last night and I'm 100% on the rag.

Post game traffic is gonna be a mess, I hear it's like a skating rink on the roads. It's gonna take Franson forever to get home tonight.

Hah, nice.

Lehner makes 39 saves, rebounds from being hung out to try by terrible defense and letting in an early goal, and the Sabres can't give him any goal support against an absolutely pathetic defensive team. Robin needs to start busting some heads in the locker room.

I thought Lehner was really shaky. At least twice he was making snow angels in the crease for no apparent reason. He made a few nice saves, but the giant rebound on the called back goal, and weak OT goal.

Hah, nice.

I thought Lehner was really shaky. At least twice he was making snow angels in the crease for no apparent reason. He made a few nice saves, but the giant rebound on the called back goal, and weak OT goal.

Agree on Lehner. His five hole is still gaping. That was a lazy goal to give up. Taking nothing away from McDavid who showed his elite speed to get there, but Lehner needs to handle that puck. 

GO SABRES!!!

If tonight wasn't the definition of suffering I don't know what is. We suffered to get the guy who scored 22 seconds into the game and then in overtime to win, each time jumping at the glass to celebrate with his team's fans, in our building. S-u-f-f-e-r-i-n-g succotash.

Hah, nice.

Not his best game, but the saves were made. Sometimes your team can win games for your goalie. Doesn't have to always be the other way around. 

I don't think I'd call his response spin.

It is because I made no reference to any system, any coach or any player. It was a reference made about the Groundhog Day type 'angry' players talking about how mad they are only to watch them do the exact same thing next game. It's been like that for the last 5 years regardless of system, coach or player. 

Remember that time Crosby beat Miller, it felt similar. "Yea that ###### figures" was my reaction.

That was my exact reaction. I don't even bother watching the games these days, it's not worth the commitment. I listen on the wgr app and I was finishing up modge-podging a 30th birthday card for my buddy and Ivery hit the point where I have no shame admitting I'd rather be art and crafting than watching the sabres. The card didn't turn out very well but whatever, fnck Edmonton and fnck the lottery system.

The Sabres have posted a pitiful 5 wins in 14 games since the start of February, or .356.    And they've only scored 5 goals in their last 5 games.   A goalie could have a 1.00 ERA and the Sabres would still be losing - there are major league soccer teams that score more often than the Sabres, for cryin out loud!     

We should be seeing IMPROVEMENT in the 2nd half of the season, not the Sabres pulling a fade and losing more than winning. 

GMTM needs to get firepower on this team for fall of 2016, instead of more draft picks that may bear fruit 2 seasons from now or 3 seasons.     Fans are gonna start to get pissed if the Sabres don't develop some winning ways - and fast.   

Edited by Jsixspd

This season has been infinitely better to watch than the last two seasons possibly the last 5.

They have three goals in the last four games! Don't blame any fan for not being as sophisticated as the wonks on this board who raise their pinkie finger and sip tea and see the fine points of how this is better to watch. Is this the offseason that season ticket sales finally crash? Who has any patience left? Maybe the Leafs fans they love will scarf em up.

I just hope we put the Oilers suck meme to rest. Absent injury to McDavid, they would be in the playoff hunt. They are as good as Colorado and close to Nashville absent goaltending. That's what high end high picks get you. Dlo can't play with Yak. Girgs is no Hall. Draisatl, Nurse, is a wash with Samson Risto. And obviously McDavid is at a different level than Jack. ROR would have helped but too many Catnastys Gionta's moulsons etc. Our future is brighter but is not near. I hope Jake is ok he played well tonight. We have a lot of work ahead.

I just hope we put the Oilers suck meme to rest. Absent injury to McDavid, they would be in the playoff hunt. They are as good as Colorado and close to Nashville absent goaltending. That's what high end high picks get you. Dlo can't play with Yak. Girgs is no Hall. Draisatl, Nurse, is a wash with Samson Risto. And obviously McDavid is at a different level than Jack. ROR would have helped but too many Catnastys Gionta's moulsons etc. Our future is brighter but is not near. I hope Jake is ok he played well tonight. We have a lot of work ahead.

I've been watching the Oilers regularly, and this is absolutely not true. Their defensemen, team defense, and goaltending has varied from below average to worst I've ever seen all season long. They are about as far as we are.

I might just have to turn it off. I can't take another final 20 games like this.

I haven't bought Center Ice(or haggled to get it for free) for 2 years. The "improvement" we've seen throughout the year makes me think that I won't be buying it again next year. We blow...

I've been watching the Oilers regularly, and this is absolutely not true. Their defensemen, team defense, and goaltending has varied from below average to worst I've ever seen all season long. They are about as far as we are.

So have I. Put Lehner, Johnson or Ulmark in goal and they would be light years better. Their defense is not as much of a hindrance as our lack of scoring.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.