GDT: Edmonton @ Buffalo, 7:30 pm est, 3-1-2016

WildCard

Tonight the Sabres were logically the worst team in the NHL, since they got embarrassed by the 2nd worst team in the NHL.    And their rookie outscored our rookie by 2 to zilch, zip, nada.   

We should be better than this at this stage of the rebuild.   They've had a terrible record since the first of February.  

Edited by Jsixspd

Yea I'm gonna wait for Ullmark to be ready.

Oh good, 4 more years then!

I think Risto is injured cuz he's slower than normal.

He better be, because he's sucked lately.

Of course McDavid scores, whatever it's the same ###### sandwich we always eat.

We blow, they blow, of course we blow more!

I'm disappointed in the way Eichel had played lately. He needs to get more involved.

Something something something sandwich!

Maybe next time he should play better. He needs to shoot more and pass less.

I actually thought this was his most selfish game in a while. It was good to see. I wish he would do it every game. 

I'm trying to figure out if it's Jack or Daniel I need to be directing my criticism at though. 

I actually thought this was his most selfish game in a while. It was good to see. I wish he would do it every game.

I'm trying to figure out if it's Jack or Daniel I need to be directing my criticism at though.

Good point, either jack needs a swift ass kick or Bylsma does.

Tonight the Sabres were logically the worst team in the NHL, since they got embarrassed by the 2nd worst team in the NHL.    And their rookie outscored our rookie by 2 to zilch, zip, nada.   

We should be better than this at this stage of the rebuild.   They've had a terrible record since the first of February.  

I don't think Murray has to worry about them not finishing in last. 

Maybe next time he should play better. He needs to shoot more and pass less.

Yup - McDavid looked great.  He demonstrated why he was rightfully the top draft pick last season.  Eichel showed some flash but it was ineffective flash.  

Edited by Jsixspd

Pretty weak by lehner there, but mcdavid owned buffalo tonight

Weak effort indeed by Lehner on the GWG, but I can't say McD "owned" Buffalo tonight. He scored on a backhand where Lehner goes down and overcommits way too early, after a giveaway, then scores in OT on a garbage seeing-eye backhand.

Yes, if I'm Eichel I am pissed too, That had to have been at least the 3rd time in recent memory he came close to a GWG in OT.

He will, and it will be all talk just like it's been for the last 5 years. Talk about how bad they are, how they need to step up and make things happen.......... only to watch the same ###### next game. 

So we can hold past performances against an almost entirely new team working under a new, arguably ineffective, system? Good to know.

As long as you use Jack Daniels as your fuel

Seriosuly. Was anyone surprised it ended this way? I think the bright spot here is that we didn't get embarrassed on national tv, thanks NHL!

Remember that time Crosby beat Miller, it felt similar. "Yea that figures" was my reaction.

Seriosuly. Was anyone surprised it ended this way? I think the bright spot here is that we didn't get embarrassed on national tv, thanks NHL!

I thought it was inherently embarrassing to lose to the second worst team in the NHL, at home.  Bah!!!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.