GDT: Moe-ray-all @ Sabres 2/12 7PM

Taro T

I was at this game, there were a TON of Habs fans there but I felt like it helped push the scattered Buffalo fans to step it up a little. I was surrounded by Gallagher and Subban jerseys except for the two guys behind me in Sabres colors. Lot of empty seats too, maybe the weather scared some people off?

After the last few stinkers I wasn't feeling very confident for this one but it ended up being a blast, although from my vantage point the boys appeared to be worn out by the third period as they hung on for dear life and made a lot of bad decisions. Lots of sloppy play along the boards and hail mary attempts at clearing the zone instead of looking for the right play to make. Gionta was looking well old by the end. After one of the countless icings Eichel tried the "I need a new stick" trick to buy some time but the ref wasn't having it and made him go line up.

Observations:

Reinhart looks much better at wing than center (yes I know it was only 2 games)

It's not hard to see Bailey's speed and strength, pretty impressive, a bit raw in other aspects but how does a 3rd line of him and Kane together sound??

Speaking of Kane, for someone having a down year..... He leads the team in 5v5 Goals and has a better GPG % 5v5 than anyone on the Jets

Legwand may be long in the tooth but he's a very underrated penalty killer, does a very nice job on the PK

Does Eichel lead the team in turnovers/giveaways??? He had 4 yesterday, a high number for anybody

I don't dislike Rob Ray but sometimes I want to go STFU during the broadcast, I miss RJ also

Speaking of dislike.... Subban and Kane have a bit of a rivalry brewing..... No love lost here from either party..... I like it, last game also had a bit of action between these 2

Bogosian was a beast at the end of that game.... an another I like

What in the world has happened to our GKs??? Thank goodness we were scoring goals because Johnson was not at his best but better than Lehner's past 2 games... Who starts tomorrow??

This is where Pysyk needs to work on his game.  Bogo was jousting with his guy in front of the net while Pysyk merely shadows an offensive player in that area.  He needs to learn to take opposing forwards on when they come into his turf.

Lehner. Starts. Tomorrow.

Good.  I think he's the #1 for the rest of this season.  If he doesn't put it all together, things will change next season.  But he's got to play his way back into shape.

This is where Pysyk needs to work on his game. Bogo was jousting with his guy in front of the net while Pysyk merely shadows an offensive player in that area. He needs to learn to take opposing forwards on when they come into his turf.

Bogo is a big mean and sometimes crazy guy. Pysyk ain't that dude. He'll make some hits and occasionally play the body but Scott Stevens he is not.

Observations:

Reinhart looks much better at wing than center (yes I know it was only 2 games)

It's not hard to see Bailey's speed and strength, pretty impressive, a bit raw in other aspects but how does a 3rd line of him and Kane together sound??

Speaking of Kane, for someone having a down year..... He leads the team in 5v5 Goals and has a better GPG % 5v5 than anyone on the Jets

Legwand may be long in the tooth but he's a very underrated penalty killer, does a very nice job on the PK

Does Eichel lead the team in turnovers/giveaways??? He had 4 yesterday, a high number for anybody

I don't dislike Rob Ray but sometimes I want to go STFU during the broadcast, I miss RJ also

Speaking of dislike.... Subban and Kane have a bit of a rivalry brewing..... No love lost here from either party..... I like it, last game also had a bit of action between these 2

What in the world has happened to our GKs??? Thank goodness we were scoring goals because Johnson was not at his best but better than Lehner's past 2 games... Who starts tomorrow??

I believe he has a better GPG % than anyone on the Jets, period.

Johnson seems to get so much more goal support than the other guys!

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.