GDT: Buffalo @ Philadelphia, 7:00 pm est, 2-11-2016

WildCard

https://twitter.com/BillHoppeNHL/status/697966914799300609It wasn't Harrington.

"Jamie McGinn, the popular, versatile F, scores his 12th. But please tell me his analytics are poor & he should be traded for a 3rd-rounder."

I find it beyond hilarious that the "watch the games" crowd continually crows about McGinn by pointing to...*drum roll*...stats. Do THEY watch the games?

DoPS?

Department of Player Safety.

Astute grasp of the obvious - we've been so bad, that even wildly improved leaves us bad. The NHL has good hockey players everywhere.

Broken record: no point in comparing this team with the team from last March. But instead of saying let's compare where this team was supposed to be right now and where it is, how about comparing it to the team we saw in October and November? I really don't know what anyone can grasp onto right now, I really don't.

Broken record: no point in comparing this team with the team from last March. But instead of saying let's compare where this team was supposed to be right now and where it is, how about comparing it to the team we saw in October and November? I really don't know what anyone can grasp onto right now, I really don't.

I'd like to grasp onto Bylsma. Assuming I'm in the heart of Mount Doom, anyway.

I don't get why people are shocked about Bylsma, He is nothing special and never was anything special. He managed to win ONLY 1 cup with a lineup consisting of Crosby, Malkin, Staal, etc.

His Pittsburgh teams had some of the best players in the game yet have only one cup to show for it, I think even the most average of coaches would have had the same results

As for Lehner, I wanted to see him do well, but i think he will be another mediocre/good backup goalie that some will get excited over because he will show the occasional flash of excellence between bad and getting hurt. Murray overpaid for his guy and aside from drafting 2 givens at the top of the draft, has overpaid for mostly good but not great players. This team won't be a dynasty type team that some expect after wasting a couple seasons tanking.

Fair deuce on Bylsma.

The rest, particularly the bolded, just no. ROR, Deslauriers/Fasching trade, these aren't overpayments, not by a long shot. Kane trade wasn't either, in my book.

I feel like some people eagerly anticipate a loss just to post this stuff. You can be upset about the game, and the season, and different things, but it's so often baby with the bath water around here.

Edited by Thorny

Goober, SAY SOMETHING!! For God's sake man, show so ###### emotion!

I was a big supporter of Goober in the beginning, I'm starting to lose confidence in him going forward.

Welcome to the club! I'd offer you some punch, but it's gone. We do, however, have barrels of Makers Mark that Eleven was kind enough to supply.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.