Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

I'm shocked, SHOCKED!, that you made a disparaging remark about the great Tony Romo. 

GO BILLS!!!

He's a really good QB holding down what probably is the highest profile QB job in the NFL. Is he a sure fire first ballot HOF QB. No! But he doesn't deserve the crap that seems to get tossed his way. 

Do it! DeLuca with a Trump or GWB avatar just might bring Armageddon.

I'll do it. If the Bills win more than eight games I put what ever avatar other posters want to provide. In exchange, anyone who want in on the other side will have change their avatar to an anti RNA/Gun Industry avatar of my design. Eight will be a push. 

Who's in? 

He's a really good QB holding down what probably is the highest profile QB job in the NFL. Is he a sure fire first ballot HOF QB. No! But he doesn't deserve the crap that seems to get tossed his way. 

I agree Romo is a great QB. Eleven and I have had debates about Romo before and I couldn't resist the opportunity to bust his chops again. Not an HOFer, but only because the 'Boys haven't won anything. If they had enjoyed more playoff success, Romo's numbers wouldn't hold him back from HOF consideration. Any objective look at his career bears that out. 

Kaep refused to stand during the anthem the other night,and claims he will continue to do so until the US significantly improves it's treatment if racial minorities. Kaep plans to sit until 'that flag represents what's its supposed to represent' (paraphrased)

Kaep refused to stand during the anthem the other night,and claims he will continue to do so until the US significantly improves it's treatment if racial minorities. Kaep plans to sit until 'that flag represents what's its supposed to represent' (paraphrased)

He can sit on his couch after the 49ers release him

Edited by inkman

Do it! DeLuca with a Trump or GWB avatar just might bring Armageddon.

It's a shame that the Bush clan is anti-Trump, because a picture of GWB and Trump hugging would be perfect.

I'll do it. If the Bills win more than eight games I put what ever avatar other posters want to provide. In exchange, anyone who want in on the other side will have change their avatar to an anti RNA/Gun Industry avatar of my design. Eight will be a push. 

Who's in? 

It's on! Shall we make it from the point the over/under is certain until the Super Bowl?

Rex Ryan plus having EJ Manuel as backup QB= season of abject frustration.

7-9.

Bills fan purgatory continues.

If TT stays healthy possible 9-7.

If TT is out any extended time 5-11.

Rex fired and whatsisface(the gm) demoted.

Kaep has the perfect right to act like a spoiled little fake hip hop tattooed dunce.

-not to cast any aspersions

which means having the police afraid to take any decisive action in the hood.which means more danger to the poor law abiding  blacks in the hood.

In the first 20 minutes, Cousins was 3/11 for 17 yards and an INT.  A whopping 1.7 QB rating.  Not very good, especially since it came against mostly backups.

To be fair to Cousins, over his final 10 minutes, Cousins was 9/12 for 171 yards and 3 TDs. 156.25 rating.

To be fair - he performed well against our cuts.

Tony Romo is significantly better than any Bills QB since Jim Kelly (with perhaps one Bledsoe season as an exception).

That says more about the Bills than it does about Romo.

DeLuca had it:  it's a high-profile job.  That doesn't mean he's good.  He's average.  But he's the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, which means he gets attention.

That says more about the Bills than it does about Romo.

DeLuca had it:  it's a high-profile job.  That doesn't mean he's good.  He's average.  But he's the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, which means he gets attention.

He's more than that.  4 time pro bowler, third highest passer rating in NFL history, fourth highest TD:INT ratio in NFL history, 7th highest yards per attempt in NFL history, third highest TD% among active QBs.  He currently holds the record for highest career rating in the 4th quarter, most 135+ ratings in a season, and most consecutive road games with a TD pass (41 and still going, above Manning's 37, Favre's 32, and Brees' and Brady's 26).

I'm not saying he's HoF, but he's objectively better than average.

Repeated appearances of the phrase "not saying he's a HOF QB" has the effect of making it seem that, maybe, he could be a HOF QB.

Which is High Larious.

He would get serious consideration if they had more playoff success. His entire body of work and the numbers achieved in compiling it, are well above average when it comes to comparisons to other QBs. He is anything but JAG.

Repeated appearances of the phrase "not saying he's a HOF QB" has the effect of making it seem that, maybe, he could be a HOF QB.

Which is High Larious.

If he ever gets a Super Bowl, he will be. May still be without one.

He's more than that. 4 time pro bowler, third highest passer rating in NFL history, fourth highest TD:INT ratio in NFL history, 7th highest yards per attempt in NFL history, third highest TD% among active QBs. He currently holds the record for highest career rating in the 4th quarter, most 135+ ratings in a season, and most consecutive road games with a TD pass (41 and still going, above Manning's 37, Favre's 32, and Brees' and Brady's 26).

Seriously. If Tony Romo is only average, then there's like four good QBs currently in the league.

He would get serious consideration if they had more playoff success. His entire body of work and the numbers achieved in compiling it, are well above average when it comes to comparisons to other QBs. He is anything but JAG.

If he ever gets a Super Bowl, he will be. May still be without one.

The idea that Tony Romo might be a HOF QB is one that amuses me. 

Seriously. If Tony Romo is only average, then there's like four good QBs currently in the league.

Tony Romo has been a very good QB for a significant amount of time. At times, he has even been great. At other times, he has been awful. 

So, he is far from having been JAG. And I think he's just about equally far from being a HOF'er.

The idea that Tony Romo might be a HOF QB is one that amuses me. 

Tony Romo has been a very good QB for a significant amount of time. At times, he has even been great. At other times, he has been awful. 

So, he is far from having been JAG. And I think he's just about equally far from being a HOF'er.

Not might be, would be.

I'd like to see the the QB that's never been awful at times.

Much closer to HOFer than average and I predict he will garner votes every year he is eligible.

Not might be, would be.

I see the distinction you're making - I don't think it results in much of a difference.

Much closer to HOFer than average 

As edited, I probably do agree. But I'm not sure what the point is. 

I predict he will garner votes every year he is eligible.

I'll stay tuned.

I see the distinction you're making - I don't think it results in much of a difference.

As edited, I probably do agree. But I'm not sure what the point is

I'll stay tuned.

The point is I disagree with your assertion that he is equidistant between average and HOFer. His body of work suggests he is far closer to HOFer, actually. The only thing he lacks is playoff success. 

I think a lot of the anti-Romo sentiment takes root in the fact he plays for Dallas and I understand that. But the numbers he's amassed makes that a moot point. He'd be getting the same attention if he played in Podunk. 

The point is I disagree with your assertion that he is equidistant between average and HOFer. 

I tossed that out there as a notional thought, really. And then I allowed for the likelihood that he's closer to being a HOFer than he is a JAG. 

My point remains: I'm not sure what it establishes to place him closer to one designation over another. A guy like EJ Manuel (just an example - maybe not the best one) might be closer to being a decent starter in the league than, say, he is to being out of the league entirely. But it doesn't make it any more meaningfully likely that he'll ever be a decent NFL starter.

Or, as Nathan Arizona once said: If a frog had wings, it wouldn't bump its ass a 'hoppin.

I think a lot of the anti-Romo sentiment takes root in the fact he plays for Dallas and I understand that. But the numbers he's amassed makes that a moot point. He'd be getting the same attention if he played in Podunk. 

There's probably some truth to the idea that Romo's failings are magnified because he plays for Big D. But it's a double-edged sword too, I think.

He's more than that.  4 time pro bowler, third highest passer rating in NFL history, fourth highest TD:INT ratio in NFL history, 7th highest yards per attempt in NFL history, third highest TD% among active QBs.  He currently holds the record for highest career rating in the 4th quarter, most 135+ ratings in a season, and most consecutive road games with a TD pass (41 and still going, above Manning's 37, Favre's 32, and Brees' and Brady's 26).

he is def a big stat qb with very good talent. the guy is not at all clutch though(being kind).....-more of a stat guy than a HoF type QB. 

JAG?

just a guy

he is def a big stat qb with very good talent. the guy is not at all clutch though(being kind).....-more of a stat guy than a HoF type QB. 

it's funny: there are many stats that would support the notion that he is (or at least often is) "clutch."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.