Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

It's the late round QB pick.  What were you thinking?  This is a terrible draft class for QB's even Wentz and Goff have their major flaws.  Lynch might be a good QB in two plus seasons.  It's all a gamble. 

I think you're missing the point.  When was the last time we grabbed a QB, draft, trade, FA, whatever, that didn't have bad accuracy?

Well, my God son was not drafted today, but he was signed as an undrafted FA by Chicago just minutes after the draft.  I'm a Bears fan now.

I've got a brother in law who is about the biggest Bears fan in the world.  (Not his personal size; I just mean that he's very enthusiastic.)  I'll check w/ him about Kling's prognosis.

There's more than one?

The Patriots have had at least 4 that I can think of

Seems to have great...intelligence though

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/dr-saturday/ohio-state-backup-qb-thinks-classes-pointless-because-170704817--ncaaf.html

Ohio State backup QB thinks classes are pointless because ‘we ain’t come to play SCHOOL’

Well, my God son was not drafted today, but he was signed as an undrafted FA by Chicago just minutes after the draft.  I'm a Bears fan now.

I read an article about that subject awhile back on Players Tribune. There's this crazy gold-rush right at the end of the draft. Teams have already been in contact with players to let them know they'll be in touch, and it's a "accept this offer in 10 minutes or it's off the table type stuff" as soon as the draft ends.

I read an article about that subject awhile back on Players Tribune. There's this crazy gold-rush right at the end of the draft. Teams have already been in contact with players to let them know they'll be in touch, and it's a "accept this offer in 10 minutes or it's off the table type stuff" as soon as the draft ends.

Interesting. The only thing i know right now is, Chicago offered him a deal, which he took, and he had other teams call him shortly after. But he had already accepted Chicago's offer. I'll have to get more deets when i see the family.

Interesting. The only thing i know right now is, Chicago offered him a deal, which he took, and he had other teams call him shortly after. But he had already accepted Chicago's offer. I'll have to get more deets when i see the family.

Tracked it down:

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/tyler-horn-nfl-draft-day-shadow/

I'm really starting to like Doug Whaley as a GM. His 2016 draft class is outstanding, in my opinion. Three quality starters (Lawson at SOLB, Ragland at WILB, Washington at 5-technique DE), three talented day 3 draft steals who can contribute meaningfully this season as backups (Williams, Listenbee, Seymour), and a very raw but legit franchise QB prospect (Jones). Also, Zimmer and Striker are outstanding UDFA pickups who I'm very boldly predicting will make the team as backups and become starters by the 2018 season.

The quality of the Bills' drafts has noticeably improved since Whaley joined the franchise, with 3 exceptions:

1. the 2010 draft - awful in so many ways, but Whaley had only been with the franchise for 2.5 months at that point.

2. handling of the QB position - missing Dalton and Kaepernick in 2011 and Wilson in 2012 and then reaching for Manuel in 2013, but one could mostly blame Buddy Nix here, and it helps that Whaley maybe learned a lesson from this with the Jones selection at the end of the 4th round. 

3. the Kouandjio debacle - no excuses, but he still has time to prove not a bust and the 7th round Henderson pick somewhat alleviates this mistake.

So the Bills not exercising EJ's 5th year of his contract, he's ONLY going to make approx $3,000,000 this year as a backup? That must suck...........

I don't know why the Bills didn't exercise the $11,000,000 option.  :rolleyes:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.