GDT: Florida @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm est, 2-9-2016

WildCard

We had McCabe as a forward and are missing out 3rd line center and 1/3 of our top 6. The only thing shocking tonight was that they didn't quit, but instead just got angry and played better

I'm aware we are plagued with injuries, and we have next to zero depth.

But the beginning of the game was uglyyyyy. I mean, to expect to win isn't super realistic with the lineup tonight, but not coming out flat like that.

I did enjoy seeing the last Kane fight, and luongo def let in some softies at the end.

Is pulling the goalie just stupid? Like without already having a PP? What are they numbers on it actually working? 6-5 is just a clogged ice surface.

Tampa did it to FL a couple weeks back, down 3 goals they pulled the goalie with 10 minutes left. They only scored 1 goal but did manage to outshoot FL 22-5 in the period and had almost 7 minutes of sustained pressure.

Tampa did it to FL a couple weeks back, down 3 goals they pulled the goalie with 10 minutes left. They only scored 1 goal but did manage to outshoot FL 22-5 in the period and had almost 7 minutes of sustained pressure.

But that's kinda what I think I am alluding to. They got shots, sure. But it's so damned hard to score at 5 on 5 as it is, 6/5 you have the man advantage but the ice is so clogged. They only managed 1 goal in 10 mins. Were a lot of the shots from the outside? I'm sure there is a lot of times where a team gets an EN goal and ties it up, but how many times do teams give up an EN goal, where if they had kept the 5 on 5 pressure they had going, they potentially would have scored to tie in that way?

I know there is no way we can know.

Edited by Thorny

But that's kinda what I think I am alluding to. They got shots, sure. But it's so damned hard to score at 5 on 5 as it is, 6/5 you have the man advantage but the ice is so clogged. They only managed 1 goal in 10 mins. Were a lot of the shots from the outside? I'm sure there is a lot of times where a team gets an EN goal and ties it up, but how many times do teams give up an EN goal, where if they had kept the 5 on 5 pressure they had going, they potentially would have scored to tie in that way?

I know there is no way we can know.

I remember Luongo stood on his head. But you're right it was clogged. I guess I'd have to see it happen a few more times with different teams to see how it would work out. But thinking back to that game, it did become pretty difficult to put together consecutive passes to throw the Panthers off.

Count me in for Eriksson and Boedker, Hoss. Last rumor I heard was contract talks stalled for Boedker, and he may be in a new sweater come March.

I just wish Eriksson was like 3 years younger. His skill set is goddamn perfect to play on Eichel's wing. He'll be 31 when the contract kicks in, eeehhhh *tugs at collar*. Of course, I may be suffering from PMSD.

Yandle is still my top overall target, and then I'd try to get Boedker, but I'd settle for Eriksson if the contract makes sense. Yandle + top-6 forward (be it UFA or trade) is the shopping list. 

I'm worried about Moulson. :cry:

I'm not worried in the least. Knowing he is done and accepting it has been a liberating experience. I realized my worry was really just an expectation that he would turn it around and now I realize how silly that was. Other than providing a place for Eichel to crash, he has zero to offer this team.

GO SABRES!!!

Edited by K-9

Nice screen name. Glad to see you post.

Enjoy the game tonight. I'm hoping to see a little more flow than Florida usually allows.

I have seen Jagr live many times.  Enjoy the show--it is a show.

Thanks, guys! That'll likely go down as the most memorable 3 goal loss I'll ever attend. It was awfully deflating to go down 4-0 on four even strength goals, especially some of them being tip jobs like they were. But Kane put the entire crowd on his back in the second. The place was pretty fired up for all three of his bouts, and his big grin and 2-0 gesture was awesome. Might have to find a picture of that and make it my avatar. 

Like I said, I wanted to see some exciting things from our core, I wanted to see Jagr, and a win would just be icing on the cake. The loss sucks, but I can't complain about seeing 11 goals and three fights. Jagr's goal was a beauty, Reino obviously scored twice, O'Reilly had some nifty passes and put on a puck handling clinic when he drew that tripping penalty, Risto dangled his way through traffic like he was Patrick Kane, and Eichel had some wow moments where he just showed off some speed and overall skating ability as a one man line. Kane's snipe was the nice too, the cherry on top of his hat trick. Also, how many people can say they've seen Mike Weber score in person!?!? A memorable one for sure

I just wish Eriksson was like 3 years younger. His skill set is goddamn perfect to play on Eichel's wing. He'll be 31 when the contract kicks in, eeehhhh *tugs at collar*. Of course, I may be suffering from PMSD.

Yandle is still my top overall target, and then I'd try to get Boedker, but I'd settle for Eriksson if the contract makes sense. Yandle + top-6 forward (be it UFA or trade) is the shopping list.

Yeah, unfortunately 31 doesn't make sense IMHO.

Boedker is my top choice & I would not be opposed to getting Yandle in the slightest. (Guess I watched waaaaaay too many Yotes games last year. ;))

Thanks, guys! That'll likely go down as the most memorable 3 goal loss I'll ever attend. It was awfully deflating to go down 4-0 on four even strength goals, especially some of them being tip jobs like they were. But Kane put the entire crowd on his back in the second. The place was pretty fired up for all three of his bouts, and his big grin and 2-0 gesture was awesome. Might have to find a picture of that and make it my avatar. 

Like I said, I wanted to see some exciting things from our core, I wanted to see Jagr, and a win would just be icing on the cake. The loss sucks, but I can't complain about seeing 11 goals and three fights. Jagr's goal was a beauty, Reino obviously scored twice, O'Reilly had some nifty passes and put on a puck handling clinic when he drew that tripping penalty, Risto dangled his way through traffic like he was Patrick Kane, and Eichel had some wow moments where he just showed off some speed and overall skating ability as a one man line. Kane's snipe was the nice too, the cherry on top of his hat trick. Also, how many people can say they've seen Mike Weber score in person!?!? A memorable one for sure

That avatar is just awesome

Boedker would require more money and term than McGinn, but sign me up for him or Yandle

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.