GDT: Detroit @ Buffalo, 7:00pm est, 1-22-2016

WildCard

I don't feel like reading through the whole thread but has anyone mentioned that they got in at 5am yesterday? Duff, Ray and May all predicted that they would be gassed this game. This was all about injuries and NHL scheduling

A great player, no matter how "gassed", doesn't leave Zetterberg that open.

I don't feel like reading through the whole thread but has anyone mentioned that they got in at 5am yesterday? Duff, Ray and May all predicted that they would be gassed this game. This was all about injuries and NHL scheduling

That means they had 38 hours til game time tonight. They should not have been gassed at all. That's a losers excuse.

I appreciate the perspective, T Web.

Watching this game is almost enough to turn me off NHL hockey for a while. Ugh.

And if I hear my dear friend Rob Ray say, one more time, that the Sabres need to grind the game down to a snail's pace, well ... there will be words.

I'm so glad I went and played some tennis tonight, on the ride home I realized 2 things:

1: this sounded like an extremely boring lopsided game. Not surprised by the putrid lineup we iced.

2: the play by play on the radio was terrible, Detroit scored literally like 45 seconds before it was called and not once was the score to the game mentioned until the goal.

I'm beginning to believe that disco Dan may not be the coach we have when the team is primed for a run, not saying that based on this game, just in general. But I think we can all stop the belief of playoffs this year.

And if I hear my dear friend Rob Ray say, one more time, that the Sabres need to grind the game down to a snail's pace, well ... there will be words.

Trying to grind this game down to snail's pace is an insult to snails.

The Sabres aren't playing with half an AHL roster. They have one line of AHL'ers and a full D core. The other 3 lines have some talent, much more than any line on the team last year. Last year's team was able to come up with some semblance of effort on a fairly nightly basis.

No more excuses.

He's playing with ROR and Kane... Jack needs to generate his own s#!t.

I don't think you can call say he's playing with those two when it's been half a period, in an entire season.

Jack's a year younger than Dylan, and has spent the season at center versus playing on the wing of an all time great, and had the same point total as Dylan coming into this game. In general, Jack>Larkin. This game, certainly Jack has been awful relative to Dylan, but it's not as if Jack's had ROR all season, it's been half of a period.

This.

Insight.

I feel bad for Lehner, he was great. Not a very good team performance overall today. Kane was good on the PK, third line looked ok. That's about it.

They certainly looked like a team that got into Buffalo at 5 AM yesterday.

Like I said above....38 hours isn't enough time for these guys??? Give me a break. That's a pitiful excuse. As Brad May just said, excuses are for losers.

One thing that stands out to me is that 37 year old Brian Gionta seems to be the only player that is willing to take punishment to try and make a play. He is constantly getting knocked around. Moulson doesn't even go into the dirty areas anymore, and that's how he scored most of his goals.

Like I said above....38 hours isn't enough time for these guys??? Give me a break. That's a pitiful excuse. As Brad May just said, excuses are for losers.

They played Monday in Arizona, Wednesday in Colorado, left immediately after game , arrived in Buffalo 5am. You do any coast to coast travel? Not after a vacation either but playing two games in three night first?

There are games you just lose because of the schedule. It happens to everyone. I'm much more upset about the way tge played in the third period in Colorado then about what happened tonight.

Not when you are with sleep patterns. They would have been better off spending Wednesday Night in Denver and flying back Thursday.

Oh and this came from One of the Sabres Team Doctors yesterday, who happens to be a friend of mine.

Well, with this loss, they're on a pace for a 71 point season.   That's pretty poor - most  seasons that would make them the 2nd or 3rd worst team in the NHL.    In fact, they're 29th in the league in total points now, and once again at the bottom of the Atlantic. 

71 points is an improvement from the historically bad teams of the past 2 seasons, but in most hockey markets the fans would be clamoring for a "rebuild" if the team came in 2nd or 3rd worst in the league.    LOL.   

Because every other team plays under optimal conditions.

I had forgotten about your reading aptitude. I said every team lose games due almost entirely to scheduling. Chicago lost today 4-0 on the second night of back to backs. Look at the record of teams playing their first home game after a long trip. You don't have to take my word for it, the data is readily available.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.