GDT: Detroit @ Buffalo, 7:00pm est, 1-22-2016

WildCard

No. The reason that that guy got hit in the head with the puck was because Weber tackled him and there was no call and it was just as blatant as anything they have done. Y'all can cry if you want to, but we do it too.

So if that one lines up with the blatant one on Gionta, and cancels out, I still remember 5-6 more instances in this game where Detroit has set up picks and casually "gotten in the way", than where Buffalo has done the same. It happens every time I watch Detroit, every season, no matter who they're playing. I understand, and OFTEN comment in GDTs of every other game, that both teams get away with too much. But when it's Detroit, it's a different rulebook.

Edited by Randall Flagg

I think the fatigue is real, but it's mental, not physical. If he flies after the all-star break like he did after the holiday break, I think that's a blow to the lazy theory.

Didn't think of it that way, but now that I have, I agree. His confidence waxes and wanes, and he is tired mentally. I just have a very hard time believing he is tired physically

The Sabres have to be the worst team at getting the puck over the blue line and out of the zone.

Are we not bottom five in the league in about everthing?

We are a coach, National anthem singer, 2 defensemen and 2 wingers away from not being.

But what do I know? I like Ray and think Dan is vanilla.

Didn't think of it that way, but now that I have, I agree. His confidence waxes and wanes, and he is tired mentally. I just have a very hard time believing he is tired physically

He's never played this much, this often though. It's always an issue, even with fit NCAA players, isn't it? The schedule is so much more demanding in the NHL. But I also agree that confidence and being mentally tired play a huge role.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.