GDT: Buffalo @ Colorado, 10:00 pm est, 1-20-2016

WildCard

McCabe played his best game of the season after the last time spent a game in the press box, and has been struggling, so I like the move. 

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellooooo Sabres!! :)

*wissle wissle*

God the game is going to be LATE AS F-K over here in Sweden, 4 in the morning to be exact. ######, but im gonna do my best to stay awake.

Why not get some sleep now, and then set an alarm for 4?

That twitter response is perfect. Kinda hard to call out ROR for leadership. Call out his drunken love of Tim-Bits or maybe his offensive output, but leadership and effort are the last things ROR lacks. And ###### you Roy, you really did have the biggest tantrum ever next to Lindros in 'trade me now'

No problem elroy, hope you can stay up tonight and watch the game with us. I have my wisdom teeth out tomorrow at 9am and it's my buddy's birthday tonight so we're going out for that, so I'm not sure where I'll be watching the game.

Side note, can you be hungover for getting your wisdom teeth out?

Make sure that whoever is driving you home grabs your pain meds on the way. When I stopped being groggy, the first thing I did was ask for my medicine, but they hadn't gone to Rite Aid, and I spent the next 30 minutes in the fetal position on the floor waiting for them to get back. 

McCabe played his best game of the season after the last time spent a game in the press box, and has been struggling, so I like the move. 

Why not get some sleep now, and then set an alarm for 4?

Make sure that whoever is driving you home grabs your pain meds on the way. When I stopped being groggy, the first thing I did was ask for my medicine, but they hadn't gone to Rite Aid, and I spent the next 30 minutes in the fetal position on the floor waiting for them to get back. 

Good point, its just that i came home like an hour ago, made a nice dinner, opened a bottle of red wine, and here i am chilling on the worlds

most comfortable and home-sweet-home forum.

Edited by MODO Hockey

That twitter response is perfect. Kinda hard to call out ROR for leadership. Call out his drunken love of Tim-Bits or maybe his offensive output, but leadership and effort are the last things ROR lacks. And ###### you Roy, you really did have the biggest tantrum ever next to Lindros in 'trade me now'

No problem elroy, hope you can stay up tonight and watch the game with us. I have my wisdom teeth out tomorrow at 9am and it's my buddy's birthday tonight so we're going out for that, so I'm not sure where I'll be watching the game.

Side note, can you be hungover for getting your wisdom teeth out?

I missed this earlier and thought you were asking about after they were removed, but I'm guessing if you're have anesthesia ("conscious sedation") they told you not to eat or drink for 12 hours prior.  Maybe okay (but still ill-advised) if you're not going to be under, though.

Edited by biodork

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellooooo Sabres!! :)

*wissle wissle*

God the game is going to be LATE AS F-K over here in Sweden, 4 in the morning to be exact. ######, but im gonna do my best to stay awake.

That's some dedication my man. No excuse for us to not stay up for the 10pm game if we have MODO going strong at 4am local time.

I missed this earlier and thought you were asking about after they were removed, but I'm guessing if you're have anesthesia ("conscious sedation") they told you not to eat or drink for 12 hours prior. Maybe okay (but still ill-advised) if you're not going to be under, though.

I'm having the laughing gas. I'm pretty sure I wasn't given any specific instructions like that

That's some dedication my man. No excuse for us to not stay up for the 10pm game if we have MODO going strong at 4am local time.

Hehe, much appreciated for that sympathy :beer:

Beeing a Sabre fan has its ups and downs, i bet you guys know that like noone else.

Nite Modo see you at 4am

You bet friend! you bet!

Abso-friggin-lutely.  A long, long time ago a few days after I had my wisdom teeth out a friend called saying he had tickets to the Sabres vs. Penguins at the Aud...golds right behind the net the Sabres shoot twice just above the glass.  My mom didn't want me to go, but being young and an idiot I told my buddy to pick me up anyway and away we went.  I took a dose of meds just before I left and meant to take an extra dose with me....but forgot.   Fast forward to after the game and we are driving back to Hamburg down Rt 5 ...around the father baker bridge I start feeling some mild pain, by the time we passed St. Francis high school it was getting worse, and when we hit Camp Rd by the Thruway I was dying.  I had my friend doing 90 down camp road to get me home to my meds asap.  Brutal.  Get your meds immediately, don't forget any doses and for the love of all that is holy if you have to leave the house take them with you.

I'm having the laughing gas. I'm pretty sure I wasn't given any specific instructions like that

I got the laughing gas, but also an IV with anesthesia. Might want to call the office to make sure you shouldn't fast, because there can be huge complications there. Also, try as hard as you can to keep gauze in the areas for the first 24 hours. I ended up getting sick because I was stupid and took it out early and swallowed a lot of blood.

I was sure old (young ) Claude was going to get hit in the mouth with a puck.

I very well could have as those were obviously the days before nets, and sitting in the gold just above the glass...whoaa..let's just be thankful there weren't cell phones back then to distract us. Whenever a puck went firing into the crowd I remember Roby often being amazed about "how more fans didn't get hit right in the squash".

Abso-friggin-lutely. A long, long time ago a few days after I had my wisdom teeth out a friend called saying he had tickets to the Sabres vs. Penguins at the Aud...golds right behind the net the Sabres shoot twice just above the glass. My mom didn't want me to go, but being young and an idiot I told my buddy to pick me up anyway and away we went. I took a dose of meds just before I left and meant to take an extra dose with me....but forgot. Fast forward to after the game and we are driving back to Hamburg down Rt 5 ...around the father baker bridge I start feeling some mild pain, by the time we passed St. Francis high school it was getting worse, and when we hit Camp Rd by the Thruway I was dying. I had my friend doing 90 down camp road to get me home to my meds asap. Brutal. Get your meds immediately, don't forget any doses and for the love of all that is holy if you have to leave the house take them with you.

i had one impacted did only novacane to have it taken out, pu 800 milligrams of motrin and thought i could gut it out..., mistake jaw felt like it was on fire once the novacane wore off. Took 1/2 hour for motrin to kick in. Not an experience i want repeated. Remember impacted usually means the are removing bone, and in edpecially the mouth, it has lots of little nerves running thru it as i found out later in xray school.

Edited by North Buffalo

I was told in 2007 I should get them out, ended up doing it in October of 2015. I'm good at putting off doctors and dentists.

Assuming you aren't close to 40, just to be the bearer of bad news ;), that tooth w/ roots all throughout your jaw probably didn't even have roots when they told you to get them removed.

Sorry.

Assuming you aren't close to 40, just to be the bearer of bad news ;), that tooth w/ roots all throughout your jaw probably didn't even have roots when they told you to get them removed.

Sorry.

Oh I know, but you tend not to listen to adults when you're a teenager, especially when you hate the dentist specifically. Granted I'm only 26 now, but I definitely would not make that mistake again.

Good point, its just that i came home like an hour ago, made a nice dinner, opened a bottle of red wine, and here i am chilling on the worlds

most comfortable and home-sweet-home forum.

I want video.   My family thinks you should be Swedish Reality TV.   MODO's Crib.

PS .... Lingonberry is good on crackers, with a dab of creamed cheese.

Oh I know, but you tend not to listen to adults when you're a teenager, especially when you hate the dentist specifically. Granted I'm only 26 now, but I definitely would not make that mistake again.

My dad and I were wondering whether I really needed them out or if the dentist is in on a racket with the oral surgeons. You've scared me straight.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.