2016-'17 Lineup

Taro T

I've seen Carrier quite a bit since he's been an Amerk. He plays like a bigger player than Larrson. Maybe he's just stronger? He has better hockey skills than Foligno(hands/vision) and can get away with dangling at times. I guess to me he'd be the player I'd want over the other two. Never thought that highly of Larrson but if he keeps his price low why not? Foligno has shown me all he can at this point.

I've seen Carrier quite a bit since he's been an Amerk. He plays like a bigger player than Larrson. Maybe he's just stronger? He has better hockey skills than Foligno(hands/vision) and can get away with dangling at times. I guess to me he'd be the player I'd want over the other two. Never thought that highly of Larrson but if he keeps his price low why not? Foligno has shown me all he can at this point.

Yes, he does.

I think Bailey's development will be better served getting big minutes in a prime offensive role in the AHL than with 8 minutes on the 4th line in the NHL.

If Bailey is in Buffalo, he's not on the fourth line.  He's taking the spot the team envisioned for Vesey.

Yes, he does.

If Bailey is in Buffalo, he's not on the fourth line.  He's taking the spot the team envisioned for Vesey.

No he isn't. I am sorry but from everything I have heard from the coaches and GMTM, Justin Bailey isn't going to jump to the left side. He's a right handed shot and he isn't unseating Okposo or Reinhart for top 6 minutes.

No he isn't. I am sorry but from everything I have heard from the coaches and GMTM, Justin Bailey isn't going to jump to the left side. He's a right handed shot and he isn't unseating Okposo or Reinhart for top 6 minutes.

Plenty of players have played "wrong side."  If Bailey is here, he's not a fourth-liner.

Plenty of players have played "wrong side."  If Bailey is here, he's not a fourth-liner.

A first year pro is not playing his "wrong side" and getting 2nd line minutes. Just because plenty of players have done something doesn't mean this one will. Plenty of Americans are Donald Trump supporters so all American are Trump supporters? Is that how things work? Bailey isn't a 2nd line LW. He would struggle as a 2nd line rw and may struggle as a 3rd or 4th line RW. 

A first year pro is not playing his "wrong side" and getting 2nd line minutes. Just because plenty of players have done something doesn't mean this one will. Plenty of Americans are Donald Trump supporters so all American are Trump supporters? Is that how things work? Bailey isn't a 2nd line LW. He would struggle as a 2nd line rw and may struggle as a 3rd or 4th line RW. 

IF HE'S HERE, he's not playing 4th line.

That means 3d line, not 3d.

And that's IF HE'S HERE.

Like I said.

Interesting. How's his speed?

Carrier is my favourite under-the-radar prospect.

Strikes me as a kid who will do what it takes - smart, no quit, adequate skills, with a Mike Grier ceiling.

He's not exceptionally fast or quick, but his speed won't hold him back and he's got good power - strong on his skates and good along the boards. He's the type of effective possession guy that LA has in the bottom six.

I'm with Eleven, if the opening is on the fourth line he's a far better choice than Bailey or Fasching.

Not sure if Fasching was dinged up at the development camp scrimmage, but to me he was a non-factor, and didn't contribute much....... in direct contrast to Carrier and Bailey. Those two displayed confidence..... especially Carrier. I'm looking forward to the Prospects Challenge (Sept. and not that far off). Last year, I remember being impressed with Fasching's puck control at times and I'm hoping for more of that.....

My concern with Ennis has little to do with the concussion, and everything to do with how he fits on the roster. He has the skills of a complementary player (a very good one, but complementary nonetheless) with the play style of a primary player. Can he effectively adapt his game to being the 3rd best player on his line? The injury robbed us of the chance to see last year, but the short run returns prior to the injury weren't great.

My concern with Ennis has little to do with the concussion, and everything to do with how he fits on the roster. He has the skills of a complementary player (a very good one, but complementary nonetheless) with the play style of a primary player. Can he effectively adapt his game to being the 3rd best player on his line? The injury robbed us of the chance to see last year, but the short run returns prior to the injury weren't great.

I believe that if Kane could turn into the player he was with Jack and Sam, Tyler can adapt to do this. He never got the time to try. Ennis-ROR-Okposo has been thrown around a lot, and I could see it working pretty quickly as they learn to play together.

I believe that if Kane could turn into the player he was with Jack and Sam, Tyler can adapt to do this. He never got the time to try. Ennis-ROR-Okposo has been thrown around a lot, and I could see it working pretty quickly as they learn to play together.

Well, I'm not convinced Kane turned into anything. That line had a very very short run together. Ennis will get his shot, of that I have little doubt. Will he make it count? Well, I'm more confident in him doing so than in Moulson being more than a corpse. Take that as you will :lol:

IF HE'S HERE, he's not playing 4th line.

That means 3d line, not 3d.

And that's IF HE'S HERE.

Like I said.

Well you said the spot Vesey was going to take and supposedly that was the 2nd line LW spot. While I could see Bailey as a 3rd line RW, I cannot fathom a scenario where he outperforms 5 of the 6 NHL LW we have as a rookie playing his off side. You are at that point asking too much of him. So IF HE'S HERE!!!!!!! he is either the 3rd line RW or not here. Personally I could see him getting 4th RW minutes for a bit until he gets up to NHL speed.

Well you said the spot Vesey was going to take and supposedly that was the 2nd line LW spot. While I could see Bailey as a 3rd line RW, I cannot fathom a scenario where he outperforms 5 of the 6 NHL LW we have as a rookie playing his off side. You are at that point asking too much of him. So IF HE'S HERE!!!!!!! he is either the 3rd line RW or not here. Personally I could see him getting 4th RW minutes for a bit until he gets up to NHL speed.

Yes, they'll move someone else to the other side if they need to.

"Vesey's spot" really meant his spot in the lineup.  I can see where my imprecision caused confusion.

Yes, they'll move someone else to the other side if they need to.

"Vesey's spot" really meant his spot in the lineup.  I can see where my imprecision caused confusion.

oooo, I thought specifically you were saying his spot as a "supposed" #2 lw. I am with you now. I think that is entirely possible and I kind of hope it bumps Gionta to line 4 for most of the season. 

oooo, I thought specifically you were saying his spot as a "supposed" #2 lw. I am with you now. I think that is entirely possible and I kind of hope it bumps Gionta to line 4 for most of the season.

A Kane-Larsson-Bailey line is at least a little interesting to think about. Though I can't imagine Bylsma putting his captain on the 4th line for a rookie.

Ennis - O'Reilly - Okposo

Kane - Eichel - Reinhart

Moulson - Girgensons - Bailey

Foligno - Larsson - Gionta

Deslauriers

Kulikov - Risto

McCabe - Bogosian

Gorges - Franson

Lehner - Nilsson

I'm confident Bailey is ready and able to play third-line minutes in the NHL right now. I know many others aren't, but I'm willing to slot him in there.

Nylander probably gets a nine-game tryout and has the SKILL to play in the league but it's tough to imagine he's got the size or strength to do it.

Guhle and Casey Nelson both have shots to make the team and could slot into the bottom pairing over Gorges and/or Franson.

Carrier will probably get a look this year at some point on the left side.

If Lehner goes down I imagine Ullmark gets the call to start over Nilsson.

That's what I'm looking at barring any major changes.

Ennis - O'Reilly - Okposo

Kane - Eichel - Reinhart

Moulson - Girgensons - Bailey

Foligno - Larsson - Gionta

Deslauriers

Kulikov - Risto

McCabe - Bogosian

Gorges - Franson

Lehner - Nilsson

I'm confident Bailey is ready and able to play third-line minutes in the NHL right now. I know many others aren't, but I'm willing to slot him in there.

Nylander probably gets a nine-game tryout and has the SKILL to play in the league but it's tough to imagine he's got the size or strength to do it.

Guhle and Casey Nelson both have shots to make the team and could slot into the bottom pairing over Gorges and/or Franson.

Carrier will probably get a look this year at some point on the left side.

If Lehner goes down I imagine Ullmark gets the call to start over Nilsson.

That's what I'm looking at barring any major changes.

How does this work with the Steelheads "loaning" Nylander to Roch?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.