2016 pre-deadline trades

Eleven

Clendening (from Niagara Falls) sure is bouncing all over the place, 4 different organizations all within one calendar year.  I wonder if he'll ever actually catch on anywhere.  He was a very good puck moving d-man in college, but I wonder if all that moving is going to stunt his growth.

• 3 weeks later...

Senators announce they've acquired Dion Phaneuf in a nine-player trade.

Only other known players so far going to Toronto are Jared Cowen and Colin Greening.

Milan Michalek goes to Toronto:

#Sens get Phaneuf, Frattin, Bailey, Rupert and Donaghey in exchange for Cowen, Greening, Michalek, Lindberg and 2nd-rounder in 2017.

Edited by Hoss

Only other known players so far going to Toronto are Jared Cowen and Colin Greening.

#Sens get Phaneuf, Frattin, Bailey, Rupert and Donaghey in exchange for Cowen, Greening, Michalek, Lindberg and 2nd-rounder in 2017.

Sens tanking? I just don't know how this move makes them any better.

If the Leafs can trade The Clarkson, Kessel and Phaneuf's Contracts, someone is taking Moulson right?

Let's not get crazy here.

Honestly. that's way too many names I don't know. Is that a fair trade?

Well, Ott'wa ends up with Phaneuf paying more than than a 5th-round pick for him. Bold move, Ott'wa, let's see how it works out.

Toronto wins this trade because they rid themselves of Phaneuf.

True, but could Toronto have gotten more for him elsewhere?

Well, Ott'wa ends up with Phaneuf paying more than than a 5th-round pick for him. Bold move, Ott'wa, let's see how it works out.

I feel like they have way more problems than Phaneuf can even contribute to solving, let alone make disappear 

True, but could Toronto have gotten more for him elsewhere?

I feel like they have way more problems than Phaneuf can even contribute to solving, let alone make disappear 

I see where you're going off the tracks: Phaneuf contributes problems, not solutions.

Makes you wonder what went on for that trade between 2 rivals. Were the Sens that impressed with Dion as they were scoring 6 goals on the Leafs Saturday night that they thought we need to get some of that for the next 5 years, lol

Normally trading away your captain and biggest name means your going all in on a tank,but in this case, that player is Phaneuf and it might actually improve them by subtraction.

Could this be the salary dump to go all in on Stamkos too?

I am seeing a lot of Sens fans excited that they got rid of Cowen and Greening.

IIRC, I actually thought there was a time where both those guys were looked at as being pretty good, but I haven't followed them much so I don't know. Normally this kind of move would be the leafs telling everyone they are all in on the tank, but I think it is more the Sens saying that.......

Atleast the Sens fans can watch Phaneufs wife for enjoyment....

Edited by apuszczalowski

Makes you wonder what went on for that trade between 2 rivals. Were the Sens that impressed with Dion as they were scoring 6 goals on the Leafs Saturday night that they thought we need to get some of that for the next 5 years, lol

Normally trading away your captain and biggest name means your going all in on a tank,but in this case, that player is Phaneuf and it might actually improve them by subtraction.

Could this be the salary dump to go all in on Stamkos too?

(copied from other thread)

Now that looks like some insight. Are the rest of the guys on low loonie/short term contracts coming back Toronto's way?

(copied from other thread)

Now that looks like some insight. Are the rest of the guys on low loonie/short term contracts coming back Toronto's way?

I mean, they're in full rebuild mode, any aging vet with a big contract are going to be gone. The side effect could be room for Stamkos, but it was happening either way.

The more I hear from Stamkos, the more I think he stays. I was absolutely convinced he was leaving in the Fall, but now? Not so much

Edited by WildCard

Don't know much about lindberg, but all the others seem throw ins. 

Sens got the better part of this deal in phaneuf I think unless Cowen and Greening turn it around.

Find it weird the leafs didn't find any better deals to be had for Phaneuf, guess his stock really went down because of his contract.