GDT: Washington @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm ET, 12/29/2015

spndnchz

I don't think the Eichel Larsson switch was a Jack demotion, just a shake-up to get some more offence.

I thought that was a goal.

Wonder if Jack was shaken up a bit on that play where he was kind of awkward after driving down near the net. Larsson took his next shift and O'Reilly the one after that. He was out briefly w/ his linemates at the end of their 2nd shift but not at the end of the game. Legwand instead of Eichel? Strange.

[Edit: Nevermind. That rush I was thinking of, he was out with Girgensons and Gionta. Looks like the BL turnover got him demoted for the night.]

Edited by Taro T

I don't think the Eichel Larsson switch was a Jack demotion, just a shake-up to get some more offence.

I thought that was a goal.

Larsson took Eichel's shift 1/2 through 3rd immediately after a f-up.  Seems like a message to me.  (and no time during last 2 minutes w/ empty net).  I like Larsson's game, a lot.  But not at the expense of ice time for Eichel.  Would move him to wing first.

I wouldn't pay to watch a game like that. This league has an issue.

Other than Holtby standing on his head and Ovi getting free rein to spear and board w/ impunity, what was bad about that game?

Sabres played a very good game overall. Paid dearly for 2 major 'oopses.' And the pp was rough - against a very good pk. But thought it was an entertaining game.

Larsson took Eichel's shift 1/2 through 3rd immediately after a f-up.  Seems like a message to me.  (and no time during last 2 minutes w/ empty net).  I like Larsson's game, a lot.  But not at the expense of ice time for Eichel.  Would move him to wing first.

It definitely was a message. Interesting that the demotion continued through the EN work. Wonder if it would have continued through the EN had it been a 1 goal game?

Other than Holtby standing on his head and Ovi getting free rein to spear and board w/ impunity, what was bad about that game?

Sabres played a very good game overall. Paid dearly for 2 major 'oopses.' And the pp was rough - against a very good pk. But thought it was an entertaining game.

Agreed

Not sure why Jack needed a message, if that is really what happened. Hasn't gotten one all season, and his last two games have been his best in maybe this entire month

It bored the heck out of me, I dunno. The allowed-interference was as bad as ever even with the couple they called, and I just want more fireworks in the gameplay from a game in which Ovechkin, Backstrom, Kusnetsov, Eichel, O'Reilly etc. are playing.

AgreedNot sure why Jack needed a message, if that is really what happened. Hasn't gotten one all season, and his last two games have been his best in maybe this entire month

I agree. Jack was solid, much better than the stretch before Christmas, and the most effective player on his line.

Legwand with the goalie pulled was inexplicable.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.