GDT: Sabres at Bruins Dec. 26, 2015 7pm

Eleven

As the throw in to the ROR trade, he has really surpassed expectations.

Not that you're wrong, but I feel we could stick almost anyone on O'Reilly's wing and they'd look good. Remember those games where Deslauriers looked like more than a 4th liner? Damn it's nice to have a center who legitimately elevates those he plays with.

My initial thoughts also.

Mr. Harvey with...... the rest of the story.

And so it must be true if 2 SS'ers witnessed it. Now confirmed fact.

Thank you.

But them being right means I was wrong. Nope, sorry unpossible :angel:

Missed the game due to work. Sounds like it was awesome.

We need to keep the momentum going. The never give up mentality is another great asset to have.

I love that ROR is living up to his contract. Too many athletes level off or drop off after a big deal. Props to TM.

Imagine the Avs with him, Duchene and MacKinnon up the middle, way too much talent for the available ice time.

Wait for it... we are edging closer to almost there... Eichel's brain is catching up. 

I get the sense based on ROR's play and how Gionta sounded in the Beyond Blue and Gold thing that he might bestow the C to O'Reilly over the offseason and merely enjoy his last season as merely a vet/leader in locker room and let the younger generation run with it.

That would be a very classy move.

Don't click it if you don't like it.

#YourOpinionIsWrong

#cute

I don't and haven't since the first time I saw it.  It strikes me as extremely childish and degrades the man.  He was forced to do it for a publicity stunt and you folks won't ever let him live it down.  Again, one man's opinion.  It rates right up there with the Derek Roy photo that resurfaces here periodically.  

And these are exactly my last words on this matter,

Edited by wjag

#cute

I don't and haven't since the first time I saw it.  It strikes me as extremely childish and degrades the man.  He was forced to do it for a publicity stunt and you folks won't ever let him live it down.  Again, one man's opinion.  It rates right up there with the Derek Roy photo that resurfaces here periodically.  

I have ways of making you talk.

I love the facial expressions of O'Reilly after the last couple games. He must feel like he died and went to heaven after dishes from Reinhart and Eichel, and same with McGinn.

When O'Reilly scores, it seems like he's happier for his teammates than he is for himself!

#cute

I can't even.

And the thing is, I know you to be a reasonable person.  How you see this in that amazes me.  As in, it really amazes me that two people can look at that video and have such disparate reactions.

In his postgame interview, Jack referred to O'Reilly as "Snook". As in, rhymes with book. Wonder where that comes from.

I've read about the nickname in a couple different places. Sounds like the gist of it is that his family took in a lot of foster kids growing up, and at some point there were multiple Ryans. ROR's dad nicknamed him Snook to avoid confusion. The name was inspired by the Irish term for "mischievous kid." Here's one article that talks a little about it:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/king-oreilly-feature/

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.