GDT: Buffalo @ Detroit, 7:30 pm est, 12/14/2015

WildCard

If there is nothing obvious to challenge, teams need to be penalized. All that was was a BS play to give Detroit some time to cool down and take away the momentum. Bunch of crap......

They are penalized; they lose their time out.  Good enough.  (If it's that obvious, it won't last longer than a normal time out anyway.)

I was watching the Detroit feed and the body language of the coaches suggested they thought they saw something. The Wings announcers were starting to get into some technicality but had to drop it for the faceoff. It sure looked clean as a whistle to me.

Clean as it needs to be, that's for sure. 

I was watching the Detroit feed and the body language of the coaches suggested they thought they saw something. The Wings announcers were starting to get into some technicality but had to drop it for the faceoff. It sure looked clean as a whistle to me.

I enjoyed that. Good announcers and great camera work. Announcers were a little dramatic, but pretty good overall.

I for one loved Risto's bomb. Love the risk-reward analysis he made there. Icing? So what, really? He had more than a 50 percent chance of ending the game right thurr. Loved the reaction too. Never change (but he will).

I enjoyed that. Good announcers and great camera work. Announcers were a little dramatic, but pretty good overall.

The pbp guy did his homework on the Sabres. The color guy, Mickey Redmond, was very good but prone to some funny malaprops. I really like that camera angle they have there — it's almost as if they have a camera on the glass right above the goal line in the corner.

I for one loved Risto's bomb. Love the risk-reward analysis he made there. Icing? So what, really? He had more than a 50 percent chance of ending the game right thurr. Loved the reaction too. Never change (but he will).

The pbp guy did his homework on the Sabres. The color guy, Mickey Redmond, was very good but prone to some funny malaprops. I really like that camera angle they have there — it's almost as if they have a camera on the glass right above the goal line in the corner.

Oh I had not problem with it.  If I recall correctly, the Sabres had just changed, plus we still had our time out.  No regrets.

The Sabres Johnson stood tall in net tonight.  His inconsistencies are very random.  For example, if this were a Thursday night, would that last good chance for the Wings have gone in?

He's been good for a softie per game.  But in recent games he's cut that way back.  I'm happy with the situation in goal for the time being.  I want the team to learn to win with the goalie they have, not the one they want.

Oh I had not problem with it.  If I recall correctly, the Sabres had just changed, plus we still had our time out.  No regrets.

The Wings color guy, Mickey Redmond, dinosaur, went off. "Oh my God! If you had done that in the old days they would have sent you far, far, away! Oh my God!" Good stuff. As I listen to more and more broadcasts around the league, I weep for Sabres fans.

The Wings color guy, Mickey Redmond, dinosaur, went off. "Oh my God! If you had done that in the old days they would have sent you far, far, away! Oh my God!" Good stuff. As I listen to more and more broadcasts around the league, I weep for Sabres fans.

When I lived in Detroit they had Mickey Redmond and Dave Strader.  Great team.  Mickey's an old-timey anachronism.  He understands the contemporary game but he injects the color of the game he played.  A "BC two-hander" is a vicious slash.  "Aw Coach, we just had a few ginger ales!" is how he would have reported O'Reilly's Tim Horton's incident.

Edited by The Big Johnson

What a beauty!

He's been good for a softie per game.  But in recent games he's cut that way back.  I'm happy with the situation in goal for the time being.  I want the team to learn to win with the goalie they have, not the one they want.

Amen!

The Big Johnson, on 14 Dec 2015 - 10:32 PM, said:

I agree.

In other news, can the Kerfuffle show PLEASE get the f&*k here so they stop playing that damn commercial.

Okay, everyone that likes Detroit's crew, doesn't it bother you when the color guy does the little "oh-..oh!", or "wow" or these weird little noises, during the game and especially during prime scoring chances, that make the announcer stutter and pause awkwardly? I can't listen to it, it drives me crazy. Totally kills the build up the announcer has to the play.

Okay, everyone that likes Detroit's crew, doesn't it bother you when the color guy does the little "oh-..oh!", or "wow" or these weird little noises, during the game and especially during prime scoring chances, that make the announcer stutter and pause awkwardly? I can't listen to it, it drives me crazy. Totally kills the build up the announcer has to the play.

I didn't mind. Have you ever heard Druncle Phil Esposito on the Lightning radio calls?

I don't listen to Detroit feeds if I can help it. I have been known to stream the game in Russian before, and otherwise to just mute it. There's a lot of "hey how's the wife la di da let's talk about the good old days and oh hey, they scored. Anyways, that tie looks nice, folks, for those who can't see it..." etc etc etc that just makes me CRAZY. 

He's a fan. Nothing wrong with that.  It's almost like it draws your attention to a subtlety that the main call misses.

IN GENERAL:  I think people get used to their home town announcers and are annoyed by out-of-town announcers.  My wife simply can't stand the horse-race-announcer cadence and odd voice quality that we adore in RJ.

I just listened to it. Holy hell is that annoying. Their play-by-play guy does a real nice job, but the color guy just kind of whispering in the background during huge moments is just weird 

Edited by WildCard

I forgot this game was tonight. Didn't matter anyway since I had a long boring meeting to attend. Just watched the highlights on NHL.com. Even though the shots appeared in the Sabres favor all game, every highlight shown was Detroit, except for our two goals. (Another offsides challenge, seriously??)

One more thing, that penalty shot, what a joke!!  I watched the replay several times and couldn't see how Jurco was taken down, other than he felt a stick blade touch him and he fell like a stack of wet dishes.  There ought to be replay challenges on those things too.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I didn't mind. Have you ever heard Druncle Phil Esposito on the Lightning radio calls?

Nope, should I give it a go?

I don't listen to Detroit feeds if I can help it. I have been known to stream the game in Russian before, and otherwise to just mute it. There's a lot of "hey how's the wife la di da let's talk about the good old days and oh hey, they scored. Anyways, that tie looks nice, folks, for those who can't see it..." etc etc etc that just makes me CRAZY. 

This is how I felt watching highlights.

He's a fan. Nothing wrong with that.  It's almost like it draws your attention to a subtlety that the main call misses.

IN GENERAL:  I think people get used to their home town announcers and are annoyed by out-of-town announcers.  My wife simply can't stand the horse-race-announcer cadence and odd voice quality that we adore in RJ.

That's fair, and the second paragraph is a good point too. That being said, I'll never listen to a detroit feed again if given the choice.

I forgot this game was tonight. Didn't matter anyway since I had a long boring meeting to attend. Just watched the highlights on NHL.com. Even though the shots appeared in the Sabres favor all game, every highlight shown was Detroit, except for our two goals. (Another offsides challenge, seriously??)

One more thing, that penalty shot, what a joke!!  I watched the replay several times and couldn't see how Jurco was taken down, other than he felt a stick blade touch him and he fell like a stack of wet dishes.  There ought to be replay challenges on those things too.

For the first part, I had the exact same thought when I went to watch the highlights. at one point the shots on goal were 15-8, but they had only shown 6 or 7 Detroit shots. Then again, ours weren't very high quality, but still.

Yeah, I shouted at Weber when that happened, but it was a bad change by the RHD (didn't catch who it was) and I don't think Weber really did anything illegal. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.