GDT: Buffalo @ Detroit, 7:30 pm est, 12/14/2015

WildCard

Ummm.....someone may have wanted to put the kibosh on this series of videos then.

Shall we go back to the combine talk and how Eichel was by far the best physical specimen in the draft?

I think we may done been sold a Townie....

Being ripped and being able to take an NHL hit are two very different things. 

How does that relate to old man strength and special people strength?

:lol:

Edited by d4rksabre

I will remind myself to stay far away from here after Eichel plays his first truly poor NHL game; one in which he truly screws the pooch for an entire 60. We've only seen glimpses of how bad he can play.

GO SABRES!!!

But imagine what his best game should be according to some people here. Nine goals and 11 assists, 36 hits, 49 blocked shots and two successful Heimlich maneuvers done on spectators.

I feel like Eichel is tentative because he's not sure when or where but he's expecting someone to really deliver that "welcome to the nhl" hit. For those reasons he doesn't seem to commit fully along the walls and positions himself more for self preservation?

I feel like Eichel is tentative because he's not sure when or where but he's expecting someone to really deliver that "welcome to the nhl" hit. For those reasons he doesn't seem to commit fully along the walls and positions himself more for self preservation?

Eh, he got drilled (facefirst) into the boards the last game and came up looking penalty. He's also taken pucks to the face and the head. He's had plenty of abuse already.

Edited by mustacheofgod

Perhaps he's smart enough to realize that he's far more effective on his feet rather than his back?

Eh, he got drilled (facefirst) into the boards the last game and came up looking penalty. He's also taken pucks to the face and the head. He's had plenty of abuse already.

I agree.

Really was hoping for Ullmark in goal. Hope CJ has a great game!!

It will be more difficult for you to watch him when he goes back to the Amerks. He's had a 40 save night in Rochester. He will be welcomed.

Edited by iTInSn

First time, long time. Love this forum, as I have been creeping for many years. Big fan of many on this site TrueBlue, freeman, sizzle, PTR, chz, liger, Taro,  pASabre, ghost, d4rk amongst others. I'm a researcher (Buffalonian of course) with an unhealthy addiction to local sports.  There's so much I'd like to comment on (Erie Canal chant), jerseys, etc., but I was compelled to post here. Did anyone watch the Flames game and see Eichel abuse Hamilton behind the net (see link)? What else do you want from a 19 y/o in his first year? I know it is one example, but add that to his constant stick lifting (backchecking) and I see a really mature player for his age. Tentative? Again see link.

Go Sabres!

Perhaps he's smart enough to realize that he's far more effective on his feet rather than his back?

I agree.

It will be more difficult for you to watch him when he goes back to the Amerks. He's had a 40 save night in Rochester. He will be welcomed.

Yea, he will be going down when Lehner is ready, i just wish he will stay. I think him and lehner would be a great fit.

First time, long time. Love this forum, as I have been creeping for many years. Big fan of many on this site TrueBlue, freeman, sizzle, PTR, chz, liger, Taro,  pASabre, ghost, d4rk amongst others. I'm a researcher (Buffalonian of course) with an unhealthy addiction to local sports.  There's so much I'd like to comment on (Erie Canal chant), jerseys, etc., but I was compelled to post here. Did anyone watch the Flames game and see Eichel abuse Hamilton behind the net (see link)? What else do you want from a 19 y/o in his first year? I know it is one example, but add that to his constant stick lifting (backchecking) and I see a really mature player for his age. Tentative? Again see link.

Go Sabres!

Right in front of the Popeye's sign too.

Welcome, Doc. Solid username!

Yea, he will be going down when Lehner is ready, i just wish he will stay. I think him and lehner would be a great fit.

Wouldn't it be better for him long term to have his first few years in NA being the go to guy? He is that in Rochester. He's light years ahead of Luiwen or Makarov. Amerks have been up and down but are hanging around 8th place. Maybe with Ullmark they could be playing post season?

First time, long time. Love this forum, as I have been creeping for many years. Big fan of many on this site TrueBlue, freeman, sizzle, PTR, chz, liger, Taro, pASabre, ghost, d4rk amongst others. I'm a researcher (Buffalonian of course) with an unhealthy addiction to local sports. There's so much I'd like to comment on (Erie Canal chant), jerseys, etc., but I was compelled to post here. Did anyone watch the Flames game and see Eichel abuse Hamilton behind the net (see link)? What else do you want from a 19 y/o in his first year? I know it is one example, but add that to his constant stick lifting (backchecking) and I see a really mature player for his age. Tentative? Again see link.

Go Sabres!

Doc, I re-wound that at the time it happened. Yes, sir, I do remember. He created his own space. Welcome aboard. Edited by N'eo

Wouldn't it be better for him long term to have his first few years in NA being the go to guy? He is that in Rochester. He's light years ahead of Luiwen or Makarov. Amerks have been up and down but are hanging around 8th place. Maybe with Ullmark they could be playing post season?

Yes i must agree on that part, looking at this longterm, as we should. But i still believe he can handle it as 2nd goalie, he has proven that. And i guess

its because he is from my hometown, i know the guy as a goalie very well, and he is the reason i started watching Sabres, have only missed 1 game this year, and that was vs kings. 

Ofcourse i will continue follow Sabres without Ullmark, i like what this team has to offer, they just need to get some shait str8 and playoffs will be in our hands.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.