GDT: LA @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm est, 12/12/2015

WildCard

As one of those people who told Gionta to drag his skate, like every coach has since he was in peewee, I'll point out that we all complimented the game has had aside from that play tonight.

There was no reason to drag his skate. Gionta and Kane waited on Eichel who had the momentum.

You drag when you are faster or the same speed. They almost stopped to let Eichel go full speed. Eichel doesn't get cute, they are half a stride onside.

The odds of a goal there are 1000~1 anyway. I'm with the dozen and a half who say replay sucks and it ruins the spirit of the game. I'm not going to sit around and watch a smart vet get piled on because the flavor de jour got cutesy again.

You're probably still at work when some of these games start.

During the week, yeah (with the exception of the West coast road trip)... sometimes the game is almost over by the time I'm home when it's a 7pm EST start. And the weekend afternoon games mess me up because I'm not thinking about checking for hockey games before noon! One of the few downsides to having moved. Thank goodness for on demand streams, but it's hard to stay involved here without the GDTs.

There was no reason to drag his skate. Gionta and Kane waited on Eichel who had the momentum.

You drag when you are faster or the same speed. They almost stopped to let Eichel go full speed. Eichel doesn't get cute, they are half a stride onside.

The odds of a goal there are 1000~1 anyway. I'm with the dozen and a half who say replay sucks and it ruins the spirit of the game. I'm not going to sit around and watch a smart vet get piled on because the flavor de jour got cutesy again.

Not one other player on that play had an issue keeping their feet on the ice. When I watch that play, I see no cuteness from Jack. He just gets the puck into the zone where there was space for it. And I reject the "everyone hates poor Gionta and makes excuses for the flashy new toy" thing that people always bring up. The last month or two, Jack hasn't gotten any slack from me or anyone else. He's been awful during that time. As has Gionta, though I'm willing to blame that on being put in a position that doesn't suit where his skill level is at at this point. He's had a great game other than that little play that shouldn't have mattered at all.

During the week, yeah (with the exception of the West coast road trip)... sometimes the game is almost over by the time I'm home when it's a 7pm EST start. And the weekend afternoon games mess me up because I'm not thinking about checking for hockey games before noon! One of the few downsides to having moved. Thank goodness for on demand streams, but it's hard to stay involved here without the GDTs.

The 330 pm "I'm at my desk and looking at my computer screen... but l'm already listening to Sabres pre-game" is a tried-and-true way to work on the west coast.

I haven't enjoyed a single moment of this game since that challenge. ###### awful.

YOU MEAN IT'S NOT THE GREATEST GAME EVER PLAYED IN THE HISTORY OF HOCKEY EVER???? Rick and Rob must have gotten Russ Brandon's Shill Memo.

Just wait for the challenge to have an impact in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. That's when sh*t will hit the fan for the NHL. 

Hockey is a fast game. To involve clip by clip pics to make a call is ridiculous. Real time is far different than photo time. 

We have the challenge because of some missed calls in the playoffs. How did this league go from 28-2 against to 29-1 in favor? I really don't get it.

The 330 pm "I'm at my desk and looking at my computer screen... but l'm already listening to Sabres pre-game" is a tried-and-true way to work on the west coast.

lol yeah... it's more like 5pm for me, which is close enough to quitting time that I feel like I should just stay on task and get done so I can watch part of it at home, but early enough I should just start listening via WGR at work. Haven't gotten into that mindset yet, but as you point out, there are ways around the early start times.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.