Marvel and DC Comics superthread

LGR4GM

That apparently started as a 3D re-release. Then once they saw that most 3D re-releases were bombing they decided to make a sequel and Jeff Goldblum showed up out of nowhere to be in it. (I'm excited) Did Smith actually refuse a part?

Yes he did.

She's a middle schooler's dream. But she was kind of the original batsh!t crazy yet attractive villain sextoy I guess. Juggalette ftw

9f179c7c7637cd82e7d2a2580dd8b37b.gif

I'm hoping Margot can give her some teeth. I'm ok with her being a bit stereotypical if she can just be absolutely smash-the-sh!t-out-of-everything evil. But if we go Suckerpunch route with it, I'm out. Angrily out. Just t&a shots of "bada$$ babe action" and giggles and stupid one liners... gtfo. Sick of it.

I'm excited for Enchantress and Katana. And Common's in it- I thought him very good in Hell on Wheels, be interesting to see what he does in this one.

Also, just get ready for every girl ever to cosplay Harley (more than they already do). Results may vary.

Pretty much this.

Ugghh. I've seen every Deadpool trailer at least 10 times (I go to the movies a LOT). I am so sick of it. Especially Ryan Reynolds stupid voice.

(Today is qwk disagrees with WC day)

I think Reynolds is actually the perfect guy for the job. 

If you're interested, I'm currently parading the addition of Loui Eriksson elsewhere, so you can disagree with that too 

There's enough background there for the character to use and hopefully they do. I can't see them bringing in someone like Smith if they're not going to focus heavily on his character.

As for Harley, she should be far more than eye candy and one liners if done right. She should be as batshit crazy as the Joker is. From what they've shown of him, he looks to be very screwed up (I just can't stand the look), so hopefully we get more of that from Harley. I'm just worried from the little I've seen in these clips that the actress won't be able to pull it off. I haven't seen anything else she's done, so I don't know if she's any good or not.

If you haven't seen Wolf of Wall Street, you need to re-evaluate your life choices. As someone else mentioned up thread, she's DiCaprio's wife in it.

I think Reynolds is actually the perfect guy for the job.

If you're interested, I'm currently parading the addition of Loui Eriksson elsewhere, so you can disagree with that too

He's apparently been dying to play Deadpool for years. I was excited the first time I saw the trailer. Now, I don't think I could possibly care less about a movie.

(I like Eriksson!)

That apparently started as a 3D re-release.  Then once they saw that most 3D re-releases were bombing they decided to make a sequel and Jeff Goldblum showed up out of nowhere to be in it.  (I'm excited) Did Smith actually refuse a part?

Supposedly he wanted a great deal of money for ID4 and/or he was hesitant on doing another sci-fi flick after the bust After Earth. Emmerich at one point mentioned Smith is now too popular to be in ID4. When Independence Day was made, Smith hadn't quite made it to the big time yet. He was largely known as the Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Not much to put on his resume'. Emmerich has spoke of this. Honestly could be an excuse though. Emmerich did have two scripts written. One including Smith and one w/out Smith. In my opinion the ball was practically in Smith's court. So yes, I believe he refused the part due to money, not a great amount of interests in sequels and wanting to stay out of sci-fi movies for a period of time. And yes, I know he's been in Men in Black 1, 2 and 3, but for some reason or another he felt they'd boost his popularity to the level it once was. If you take a close look at it, the Men in Black movies did just that. 

Supposedly he wanted a great deal of money for ID4 and/or he was hesitant on doing another sci-fi flick after the bust After Earth. Emmerich at one point mentioned Smith is now too popular to be in ID4. When Independence Day was made, Smith hadn't quite made it to the big time yet. He was largely known as the Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Not much to put on his resume'. Emmerich has spoke of this. Honestly could be an excuse though. Emmerich did have two scripts written. One including Smith and one w/out Smith. In my opinion the ball was practically in Smith's court. So yes, I believe he refused the part due to money, not a great amount of interests in sequels and wanting to stay out of sci-fi movies for a period of time. And yes, I know he's been in Men in Black 1, 2 and 3, but for some reason or another he felt they'd boost his popularity to the level it once was. If you take a close look at it, the Men in Black movies did just that. 

He would have been safe in Independence Day as long as he didn't try to get his son a role as well.

He's apparently been dying to play Deadpool for years. I was excited the first time I saw the trailer. Now, I don't think I could possibly care less about a movie.

(I like Eriksson!)

It's funny cause he actually already played "Deadpool" in that sh*tty Wolverine Origins movie. God that movie was bad.

He would have been safe in Independence Day as long as he didn't try to get his son a role as well.

Trust me, I wish things would've worked out. I'm still looking forward to ID4, but must admit I feel many who experienced Independence Day when it came out may have a sense of something is missing when watching ID4. Younger audiences won't have that. ID4 may be a type of reboot. Still looking forward to seeing it. 

Edited by GoPre

Trust me, I wish things would've worked out. I'm still looking forward to ID4, but must admit I feel many who experienced Independence Day when it came out may have a sense of something is missing when watching ID4. Younger audiences won't have that. ID4 may be a type of reboot. Still looking forward to seeing it. 

Didn't they use that ID4 tag for the first movie?

• 4 weeks later...

If you haven't seen Wolf of Wall Street, you need to re-evaluate your life choices. As someone else mentioned up thread, she's DiCaprio's wife in it.

Guess I know what I'll be watching today. Sprained my right ankle pretty bad while playing a little floor hockey, so I'll be in the recliner today. Have been tempted plenty of times to catch it on Netflix....just have passed on it for something else. Ha Heard Wolf of Wall Street set a record for most f bombs ever said in a movie. 500 +? 

So, Deadpool was fun. The plot was light and the bad guy sucked, but it was pretty much everything I expected from the film. I'd see it again. I'll pick it up when it hits Blu-ray.

I greatly enjoyed Deadpool. Probably the funniest Marvel movie yet. It was given quite the free reign for what it was allowed to do with it's comedy and various references.

Finally finished watching Deadpool, it took me 3 attempts to get through it. I love humor, but when the main character doesn't have one serious line throughout the whole movie, it's a little too much for me. Ryan Reynolds made Curly Howard look like an dramatic actor in this (IMO) flop.

Edited by kishoph

Loved deadpool. This from a guy that just doesn't get the whole comic to movie adaptation craze. I never rush out to see these movies and will usually wait to see them on netflix if ever. I've missed more than I've seen. So if this film reels in a few new fans with its humour and out of the box writing good on it. Not sure why it should have to follow the same boring formula.

Deadpool was awesome. Can someone explain all of the Hughe Jackman references?

And I'm with you nfreeman, WoWS was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

My guess is that Hugh Jackman will play a big part in deadpool 2. Ryan Reynolds would know seeing that he was in on the writing at least for this first one.

My guess is that Hugh Jackman will play a big part in deadpool 2. Ryan Reynolds would know seeing that he was in on the writing at least for this first one.

From what I've read(not much) Hugh will don the claws for the last time in 2017's wolverine sequel. And Deadpool will probably make an appearance in that film.

I had heard it was because Jackman was very supportive of the movie (they wanted to spoof on Wolverine a lot because of that failed attempt at Deadpool and asked him permission). 

As for him jerking it to a unicorn, turns out Deadpool's pansexual. TIL what pansexual means. Hint: He doesn't kitchen appliances 

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/feb/11/deadpool-the-pansexual-superhero-who-has-never-had-a-non-heterosexual-experience

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.