When will DD realize Kane&Eichel == 0

WildCard

The loss of Zemgus is a bit of a conundrum.  According to DB, his defensive shut down ability freed up ROR offensively.  When he returns, ROR will not have all the worst assignments.  I think Z and Jack should pair together.  I would move Sam to the middle with Kane and Gionta.  ROR, Moulson Ennis.  We know Sam is smart enough and it is a glimpse of the future.

He needs to switch the lines, I think. O'Reilly probably should be with Ennis again. I don't know, this has been such a frustrating stretch of games 

I'll combine your idea with WildCard's and go with a line of Kane - O'Reilly - Ennis.  Then go with Moulson - Eichel - Reinhart (or Gionta if Coach Bylsma is in love with him).  Then McGinn - Girgs - Gionta as line #3 when everyone is back and healthy.  That leaves Foligno - Leggy - Deslauriers as line #4.

Those are my lines and I'm sticking to it.   :D

I'll combine your idea with WildCard's and go with a line of Kane - O'Reilly - Ennis.  Then go with Moulson - Eichel - Reinhart (or Gionta if Coach Bylsma is in love with him).  Then McGinn - Girgs - Gionta as line #3 when everyone is back and healthy.  That leaves Foligno - Leggy - Deslauriers as line #4.

Those are my lines and I'm sticking to it.   :D

I'm cool with that too. I just want a change

Sam Reinhart has really stepped up his game in November.  I think that has actually caused some conundrums for DB because he wasn't anticipating playing Samson the way he has. ROR should continue to mentor him... like Yoda.

He has been the Sabres best forward not named O'Reilly over the past two to three weeks IMO.  As disappointed as I am in the forward group as a whole, I'm giddy about what he has done so far and where he seems to be going. 

Moving Zemgus to a line with Eichel defeats the purpose of using Zemgus to spell ROR of defensive responsibilities.  Z and Gionta on the 3rd line.  Kane with ROR.  Eichel with Moulson.  Move the rest of the parts wherever you see fit.

Not really.  O'Reilly, Gionta and Moulson are currently responsible for shutdown duties and scoring.  Having another equally balanced line to do the same. i.e. Z and Eichel simply gives you back up when you can't get RGM out there.  Jack has shown defensive ability and awareness as an ability to create offense on the transition.  He needs someone with some skill to complement him and keep up with him.  I think Z's scoring production would increase as well.  Throw Larsson or McGinn in the mix and you would have two very good lines defensively.  

On a complete side note... ROR has a very attractive wife and Mark Pysyk's gf is also quite good looking

12241691_10153663369182954_8024968093904

Are you sure that is not Mrs. Gionta's 9th grade class?

Not really.  O'Reilly, Gionta and Moulson are currently responsible for shutdown duties and scoring.  Having another equally balanced line to do the same. i.e. Z and Eichel simply gives you back up when you can't get RGM out there.  Jack has shown defensive ability and awareness as an ability to create offense on the transition.  He needs someone with some skill to complement him and keep up with him.  I think Z's scoring production would increase as well.  Throw Larsson or McGinn in the mix and you would have two very good lines defensively.  

I feel like Eichel has struggled with assignments on D.  Sure he breaks up plays with his stick, but when it's down low in his own end it's an adventure.

For scoring, I pair Foligno with Eichel and then Kane with Reinhart.  Those are my priorities.  Gionta and Ennis can ride along with those lines if they want, just stay out of the way.  

Now we know Liger likes blondes

My current amazingly awesome GF does have dirty blond hair.  And blue eyes.

That can't be right, Gentlemen prefer Blondes.

I'm much more charming in person, you guys miss the nuances.

Fun fact I am probably going to be at a Sabres game in December... looking more and more likely.

I feel like Eichel has struggled with assignments on D.  Sure he breaks up plays with his stick, but when it's down low in his own end it's an adventure.

More or less what bcSaberks mentions.  You don't burden the rookie offensive phenom with an expectation to be part of a shutdown line.  ROR is doing shutdown duties because Girgs is hurt.  When he's back, put Girgs with Gionta, and another good two way (or at least possession) player to form your line to throw out there when the opponent has their #1 line out.  Then ROR can be unshackled and Eichel can play the sheltered minutes in an offensive role that he should be getting as a rook (and mostly is currently be getting).

I feel like Eichel has struggled with assignments on D. Sure he breaks up plays with his stick, but when it's down low in his own end it's an adventure.

For scoring, I pair Foligno with Eichel and then Kane with Reinhart. Those are my priorities. Gionta and Ennis can ride along with those lines if they want, just stay out of the way.

Foligno for scoring? You know we have Marcus, not Nick, right? :p

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.