McDavid breaks collarbone. Out "Long Term"

dejeanneret

I'll admit, I was shocked that PA of all people would have posted something as cold as this:

IMO, it is one thing to celebrate a player whose injury prevents them from facing your team.  It's another to wish ill will on someone you don't know.  I'll admit to that sort of ill will towards Milan Lucic.  But he has done things to deserve that sort of emotion.  Call me a hypocrite.  I'll admit it.  And justify it.  This?  This is wishing ill will just because he is there.  I'm honestly surprised it came from PA.  Never struck me as the Machiavellian type.

I do dig the passion though, PA.

FREEDOM!!!!!

McDavid is not just there, he's out there -- watching us, studying us, plotting to take away our Cups. He's the Martians in War of the Worlds.

#buildabully #onebuffalo

But getting more common as the populace of this board ages.......

I am rock hard to quote the great d4rk.

#vitaminkboner #fourhours #callingwoody

So, all this talk about two games a season?

Unrealistically right now but a 7 game series!

McDavid is not just there, he's out there -- watching us, studying us, plotting to take away our Cups. He's the Martians in War of the Worlds.

#buildabully #onebuffalo

I am rock ###### hard to quote the great d4rk.

Or as my son describes it in Plants v Zombies on his XBox Edited by North Buffalo

I want McDavid to suceed but not Edmonton, so I hope the injury doesn't hurt him in the long term but I'm happy it will hurt the Oilers.

And I'll be honest, if it takes every non-Sabre super star being injured for us to get a Cup then so be it.... I just want a Cup and couldn't care less how we achieve it. After we have 1 I'd join the camp of beating the best to prove your the best as being the ideal scenario. However at this point I just want a Cup. Same thing goes with the Bills.

#buildabully #onebuffalo

I am rock ###### hard to quote the great d4rk.

now that reference gets a youtube...

It is not okay to wish injury on Connor McDavid. He makes the league and the sport better.

War of the Worlds bothers me for the same reason Signs does. At least War of the Worlds actually has *some* sort of story reason behind the naivete of the aliens.

Also keep in mind when War of the Worlds was written, 1898.  Basically it was written right as germ theory was coming out. All Science Fiction is written using our current understand of technology and the world. In 1898 forgetting about tiny microbes and then they ultimately kill the aliens, forward thinking stuff.

Edited by LGR4GM

That sucks.

This gives jack an opportunity to worry about his game and improve without a McDavid hanging over him

I think it makes it worse.  Now his accomplishments can be questioned as to whether McDavid would have performed better or not.

I'm not advocating for violence against McDavid. I don't see what's controversial about what I'm saying. Fans aren't allowed to root against the opposition? Really? Real fans don't want McDavid to be a flop? Are you not rooting for Eichel to be better? This idea that Sabres fans have to worship McDavid and hope for the very best for him seems like a sign that we're so beaten down we don't even consider ourselves part of the league anymore. Think Hawks fans want health and wellness for McDavid so he can be the next great one and help supplant the Chicago dynasty? I hope the tibia is next to go. Why should I care? The league doesn't care about offense and talent, why should I?

#zero######sgiven

It's hockey. There's little requirement to be classy. Mike Schopp said it best when some people said fans cheering for the opposition last season was classless. "What class? It's a hockey arena." (paraphrase)

This is a disgusting viewpoint.  Hoping someone gets injured.  It's just disgusting.  Real fans don't want McDavid to be a flop, they don't want the other team to suck, they just want their team to be better.

Mike makes some good points.

Sidney Crosby blows out his knee the next time he's in town. Is there or is there not a roar from the crowd? A roar of delight?

#grow up #realworld #thisiswar

Not a roar of delight.  The Cowboys fans gave a pretty good cheer for the Seahawks player who suffered a serious neck injury in the game.  That's what SHOULD happen.  In your case you'd be Dez Bryant out there on the field saying he got what he deserved (if you believe the media report).  You might as well stop on the side of the road when you see an accident and start laughing at people.  

Every year I hope Tom Brady tears his ACL. Every year

Seriously?  Your goal in life is to succeed by destroying others rather than building yourself up to be better than they are?  Let's say Brady tears his ACL.  Let's say the Bills win.  You get no satisfaction because every Pats fan is going to simply say, "Didn't have Brady".  You'll say... "So what the Bills still won."  Their response? "Yep, they won, when the best QB in the game wasn't playing."  You don't get your comeuppance.  You don't get to gloat because it's meaningless.  Just like no Patriots fan gets to talk smack to a Giants fan.  Can't do it.  Why?  0-2 when it matters.

Wookie!

#ididitallforthewookie #shoveitupyourassmcdavid

Disgusting. You might be the first person I ever put on ignore.

This is a disgusting viewpoint.  Hoping someone gets injured.  It's just disgusting.  Real fans don't want McDavid to be a flop, they don't want the other team to suck, they just want their team to be better.

Yep, I know that when the other team has a breakaway on our goalie, I am rooting for a laser shot to extreme top corner blocker side so our goalie can make a highlight reel save. I would never root for that shot to suck, 10 feet wide. Oh, heaven's to Betsy! This isn't youth soccer where you hope both teams play super and everybody has fun. Miss the net McDavid! And break your wrist while doing it, ideally.

OcOhANv.jpeg

Is that John Houseman as a Thanksgiving turduckurtle?

Yep, I know that when the other team has a breakaway on our goalie, I am rooting for a laser shot to extreme top corner blocker side so our goalie can make a highlight reel save. I would never root for that shot to suck, 10 feet wide. Oh, heaven's to Betsy! This isn't youth soccer where you hope both teams play super and everybody has fun. Miss the net McDavid! And break your wrist while doing it, ideally.

Is that John Houseman as a Thanksgiving turduckurtle?

You're out of line.

It's a pretty serious break.  Gonna require surgery: "As far as the type of surgery, Chiarelli said, “There will be plates and screws involved.”

Watching that video, it could have been far far worse, though.

Ohhhh, Mr. Kotter, ohhhh, can I post this one?

you are actively hoping someone has a life altering injury, you're out of line

Wait, I'm sorry, does this constitute celebrity fawning, or whatever it is people are being accused of in the Kane-rape thread?

Leave that thread where it is.

It's a pretty serious break.  Gonna require surgery: "As far as the type of surgery, Chiarelli said, “There will be plates and screws involved.”

Watching that video, it could have been far far worse, though.

Those can corrode over time, no? Necessitating replacement?

......and..... Ignore.

I hated Horseshack too.

I feel I am a pretty big sports fan. Just can't get myself to the point of wishing injury on a player.

What about life threatening illness though? I pray to raptor Jesus for Tom Brady and Bill Belichick to get stricken with aids or ass cancer all the time. Does that make me a bad person? Does it mean I won't get to go to heaven and play football with regular Jesus once the rapture happens?