GDT: Tampa at Buffalo, 10/10/15, 1pm

Eleven

Johnson asleep at the switch

Johnson has been good. There have been mistakes in front of him that have lead to the goals. On the 3rd goal, Gorges skated directly towards and at him when Johnson had the puck and was going to play it, rather than drifting to the side so Johnson would have an outlet. Directly led to the goal.

They hung in for two periods based on talent alone against a very good team.

If Bylsma was looking for wins for wins' sake, he'd juggle the lines more. I think we're seeing the coaches being patient and concerned a lot more with team and system development.

Playing a cup favorite whose team hardly changed from last year and everything is all doom and gloom already. Glad to see the board is in mid-season form already.

Tampa should beat Buffalo 4-1. They are better. A lot better.

They hung in for two periods based on talent alone against a very good team.

If Bylsma was looking for wins for wins' sake, he'd juggle the lines more. I think we're seeing the coaches being patient and concerned a lot more with team and system development.

He'd juggle them more? OK.

I don't see these goals as being Johnson's fault really at all.

A couple of nasty deflections, not much he could do about those.

2 games in and have already lost interest. Am i the only one who is trying real hard to get the passion back but something is missing?

I'm not that doom and gloom, I saw some improvement from last game.   This will take time.

Edited by Huckleberry

Johnson has been good. There have been mistakes in front of him that have lead to the goals. On the 3rd goal, Gorges skated directly towards and at him when Johnson had the puck and was going to play it, rather than drifting to the side so Johnson would have an outlet. Directly led to the goal.

I agree he has been good but that particular goal I was talking about that came from the side he has to stop those. Wasn't ready for that shot. Oh well. Baby steps I guess with this team. 0 and 2 to start the year. Fire the coach,lol.

Ya, it's all a little over the top.

Shots were close today, we outhit them and were better in the face-off dot. The play has improved from last year, and we were playing the Stanley Cup finalists from last year, today.

In the words of Aaron Rodgers - Relax.

Playing a cup favorite whose team hardly changed from last year and everything is all doom and gloom already. Glad to see the board is in mid-season form already.

Tampa should beat Buffalo 4-1. They are better. A lot better.

It is only 2 games and, your right, we can't overreact. Just kind of expected a little more offense than we have seen.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.