(OT) The Supermoon Eclipse, Live SabreSpace coverage

PASabreFan

Three things are happening at once. It's a Supermoon. The moon is closest to earth in its orbit, so it looks larger than usual. There's a total lunar eclipse. And that will result in a so called blood moon where, during the totality of the eclipse, the moon will look reddish or coppery. It's well underway, so if skies are clear where you are, look to the east. This won't happen again until 2033.

Edited by pASabreFan

Three things are happening at once. It's a Supermoon. The moon is closest to earth in its orbit, so it looks larger than usual. There's a total lunar eclipse. And that will result in a so called blood moon where, during the totality of the eclipse, the moon will look reddish or coppery. It's well underway, so if skies are clear where you are, look to the east. This won't happen again until 2033.

Skies aren't particularly clear here (light pollution), but I'll still give it a shot.  What time for our area?

Edited by eleven

Thanks for the reminder.

Can see the moon through the clouds here, but the effect will definitely be severely muted. :(

Skies aren't particularly clear here (light pollution), but I'll still give it a shot.  What time for our area?

Think it's supposed to go total ~10:30. The eclipse is ~50% right now.

Thanks for the reminder.

Can see the moon through the clouds here, but the effect will definitely be severely muted. :(

Think it's supposed to go total ~10:30. The eclipse is ~50% right now.

Totality begins at 10:11 and ends at 11:23.

I just went out for a look; light pollution is completely not a problem.  A cloud was, but it's gone.  The moon is about 60-70% obscured now.

This is beautiful.  Thanks, PA, for pointing it out.

I'll go back out again in a few.

I've been watching it off and on tonight here in PHX.  Looks way cool.

Beautiful clear night here on the west coast. Unobstructed view of the eclipse except for the neighbours weeping willow tree in the back yard. Had to move off the deck and move around to the front of the house to see it but it was real cool. I'll be 68 the next time that happens. Shite

I was driving home from Oswego tonight.  Just had a very pleasant weekend with my girlfriend.  

A drive that normally takes ~2 hours and 20 minutes took me over 4 hours because I kept stopping to find a quiet place to watch the moon.  When the full eclipse happened and the moon was gone it got a little bit cloudy.  I listened to music while I waited and had myself a little 1-man silent disco in a vineyard overlooking Seneca Lake until the blood moon came out.  Its little peeks through the clouds felt like the sun was teasing me.  Great night.

I took some pics, will post tomorrow if there's interest.

weirdestboner.jpg

Saw it beginning in the late afternoon sky on our way to hockey. Was pretty much gone by the time we left. But thanks, facebook, for providing so many fuzzy blurry pictures of a glowy spot in the sky.

Anyone have really exceptionally weird dreams last night like me? 

Supermoonlucidity? 

Dude.

So weird.

There were a lot, but the clearest and funniest one was that I was helping the Trailer Park Boys with their new ice cream parlour/gift shop and trying to keep them under control. 

Saw it beginning in the late afternoon sky on our way to hockey. Was pretty much gone by the time we left. But thanks, facebook, for providing so many fuzzy blurry pictures of a glowy spot in the sky.

That's funny. I got some "awesome pics" from my sister in law. Superbloodmoon or a cat with glaucoma, I have no idea.

Anyone have really exceptionally weird dreams last night like me? 

Supermoonlucidity? 

What year did they play at Artpark? I want to say 87.

I was driving home from Oswego tonight.  Just had a very pleasant weekend with my girlfriend.  

A drive that normally takes ~2 hours and 20 minutes took me over 4 hours because I kept stopping to find a quiet place to watch the moon.  When the full eclipse happened and the moon was gone it got a little bit cloudy.  I listened to music while I waited and had myself a little 1-man silent disco in a vineyard overlooking Seneca Lake until the blood moon came out.  Its little peeks through the clouds felt like the sun was teasing me.  Great night.

You probably shouldn't have checked out the old abandoned farm house at the end of that country lane. Wow, that was close, huh? And the music playing from the barn, how creepy was that? Sounded a bit familiar?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.