GDT: Buffalo @ Toronto, 7:30 pm EST, WGR 550

WildCard

I will be curious to see who does get played tonight.  I would like Reinhart to get every single preseason game from here on out.  He needs that to get up to NHL speed.  Eichel has no reason to risk injury against AHL scrubs which most teams still have 2 lines worth of at this stage.  Hold him out til the last couple of games.  Kane, McGinn, Gorges, and most of our defense should play because again they need time or evaluation.

I should add that in my mind Johan Larsson should/has made this team.  He has probably been better than most of the other bottom 6 guys and I think Sam Reinhart could learn a lot from the way tenacity that Larsson shows.

I will be curious to see who does get played tonight.  I would like Reinhart to get every single preseason game from here on out.  He needs that to get up to NHL speed.  Eichel has no reason to risk injury against AHL scrubs which most teams still have 2 lines worth of at this stage.  Hold him out til the last couple of games.  Kane, McGinn, Gorges, and most of our defense should play because again they need time or evaluation.

I should add that in my mind Johan Larsson should/has made this team.  He has probably been better than most of the other bottom 6 guys and I think Sam Reinhart could learn a lot from the way tenacity that Larsson shows.

I'd like to see Eichel and Rheinhardt in the same game..

Me too.  It's pretty remarkable compared to Eichel.  In one game Eichel reinforces the wow/duh/generational.  And I'm on board with "will be fine" but just surprised at what appears to be a large gap.

I would use this for the Sabres Goal Song when The Leafs come to town.

I like this song

Reinhart will be COR and Bailey tonight

Paul Hamilton @pham1717 7m7 minutes ago

Austin Pysyk. Weber Franson. Guhle McCabe.

Bill Hoppe @BillHoppeNHL 2m2 minutes ago

Some interesting names in tonight for the #Sabres: Matt Prapavessis, Dan Catenacci, Brady Austin.

Bill Hoppe @BillHoppeNHL 29s30 seconds ago

The top line will be Matt Moulson, Ryan O'Reilly and Brian Gionta. #Sabres

Buffalo Sabres @BuffaloSabres 10s10 seconds ago

#Sabres lines this AM

Moulson-R. O'Reilly-Gionta

Reinhart-C. O'Reilly-Bailey

Deslauriers-Legwand-Foligno

Kea-Schaller-Catenacci #BUFvsTOR

Buffalo Sabres @BuffaloSabres 37s38 seconds ago

#Sabres defense:

Weber-Franson

Guhle-Prapavessis/McCabe

Austin-Pysyk

Goalies are Lehner and Lieuwen. #BUFvsTOR

My gut says Reinhart was destined for Rochester before camp even started. GMTM doesn't need training camp to see if he is ready or not. They know what the kid needs and most likely certain roster moves were made with that in mind.

You think? Could be. But I still think the intention is for Reinhart to play in the NHL full time this year, and that Murray, Bylsma and Co. will give Sam every opportunity to make that happen.

My gut says Reinhart was destined for Rochester before camp even started. GMTM doesn't need training camp to see if he is ready or not. They know what the kid needs and most likely certain roster moves were made with that in mind.

I think this is highly unlikely.

He will play in the nhl and GMTM will tell anyone who says, "there are better players in Rochester, why is he here?" .."Because I said so".  This is a developmental year.  Reinhart, will not appeal to the uninitiated, but will end up with good fancy stats.  He makes the players he plays with better. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.