GDT: Buffalo @ Toronto, 7:30 pm EST, WGR 550

WildCard

Does one Leaf have the office?  And why in the ###### it would be possessive anyway, grrrrrrrr...see my edit.

Not one Leaf, but I view them as an organization/entity and therefore one body capable of ownership/possession. 

The first name change I've ever seen from Eleven. There's a slim chance I'm right, but holy hell do I hope I am  :lol:

Edited by WildCard

I approve of Eleven's name change.

Very nice use.

Matt's wasn't even on net either, it hit Pha-goof in the head and went into the mesh, don't know what they were looking at.

Bonus use.  A possessive and a contraction.  TWO contractions!

I'm about to have contractions.  I think my looming delivery of 11 jr. is affecting my mood.

(I usually flush 11 jr.  In fact, I always do.)

Not one Leaf, but I view them as an organization/entity and therefore one body capable of ownership/possession. 

The first name change I've ever seen from Eleven. There's a slim chance I'm right, but holy hell do I hope I am  :lol:

Nope.  Every December, my man!

The first name change I've ever seen from Eleven. There's a slim chance I'm right, but holy hell do I hope I am :lol:

He's usually Santa Claus for a brief stretch in December, but other than that I think you're right!

Edit: 11 beat me to it.

Edited by biodork

What...what is an 11 jr.? 

But,... Are we Sabres fans or Sabres' fans?

Or both?

I would say no, because the Sabres don't have possession of us. 

Well, we're still here through all the , so maybe they do

He's usually Santa Claus for a brief stretch in December, but other than that I think you're right!

Edit: 11 beat me to it.

Santa Claus-Eleven is always something to look forward to

The organization's name is the Toronto Maple Leafs. You can't just chop off that last s and make it separate. For example, if somebody's last name is Parsons...the correct possessive would be Parsons', not Parson's.

But,... Are we Sabres fans or Sabres' fans?

Or both?

Both. Depends on usage.

I'm glad this is preseason because I wasn't to thrilled about trading a first for a goalie that was on the outs in Ottawa. But I'm not gonna ride this guy off until we see him in regular season games. We should know what we have by game 40.

Not just you buddy. Not many were thrilled by that trade.

Lehner is defnitely a question a mark, but we need to let the "trade" portion of the matter go, I think. It was a draft pick. A late first. Maybe it'll be an NHL player, maybe it won't. It was worth the risk. Hopefully Lehner pans out. If he doesn't, we'll have to find someone else. It's still very early, and he hasn't looked great, but not terrible, either. He is still working his way back into game shape.

Also, really good period for Reinhart. Nice set-up on Foligno's goal. Sam is an NHLer this season.

The organization's name is the Toronto Maple Leafs. You can't just chop off that last s and make it separate. For example, if somebody's last name is Parsons...the correct possessive would be Parsons', not Parson's.

Alright, so I was right with possession, just wrong in chopping the 's' off. So, for example, Apple would be Apple's new Iphone. 

Lehner is defnitely a question a mark, but we need to let the "trade" portion of the matter go, I think. It was a draft pick. A late first. Maybe it'll be an NHL player, maybe it won't. It was worth the risk. Hopefully Lehner pans out. If he doesn't, we'll have to find someone else. It's still very early, and he hasn't looked great, but not terrible, either. He is still working his way back into game shape.

Also, really good period for Reinhart. Nice set-up on Foligno's goal. Sam is an NHLer this season.

Can we please stick to one punctuation mark at a time?  Let's not divert this punctuation thread into a GDT or anything, ok?

>Carefully hugs thorny< Edited by inkman

Can we please stick to one punctuation mark at a time?  Let's not divert this punctuation thread into a GDT or anything, ok?

NOW, you da real MVP.

:lol:  :lol:

Is Eleven similarly concerned with Oxford commas?

I hope not, I live on Oxford commas. 

Yes. And since you referred to Apple as a person's name, be prepared for PA's "hipster names suck" fury. He may even accuse you of being related to Ryan Miller.

I don't even wanna go down that path, I struggle enough with apostrophes, let alone hipster syntax

Edited by WildCard

Let it go?  Did we let it go when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Like others, Lehner is not inspiring much confidence thus far. Would like to see more of Johnson and Lieuwen.

And man is it odd to see Lamoriello associated with anyone but the Devils!

Is Eleven similarly concerned with Oxford commas?

I had a debate about those before my hearing this morning.  Funny, what a bunch of idiots in the gallery will do before the judge takes the bench and we have to start looking at our papers again.  The general consensus was under-50s use the Oxford comma; over-50s don't.  

There is a similar split with two spaces after a period.  Those who grew up with a typewriter (me) do; those younger, don't.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.