Kim Pegula and Buffalo Sabres new goal song

LGR4GM

They will NOT get 10,000 males to shout the phrase "Over the hill went the swords of a thousand men..."  They just won't. Ever.

Agreed. But they may get them all to wail hoo rah hoo rah hoo rah yeah... It could make for nice tv which is some of what they're after I think.

Agreed. But they may get them all to wail hoo rah hoo rah hoo rah yeah... It could make for nice tv which is some of what they're after I think.

Exactly.

People seem to miss this point. This isn't "the best song in the world" or something I want to listen to in my car, it's "what song will get the crowd singing" and make the other team sad. Yelling "hoo rah hoo rah hoo rah yeah!" at the top of my lungs is a winner.

People seem to miss this point. This isn't "the best song in the world" or something I want to listen to in my car, it's "what song will get the crowd singing" and make the other team sad. Yelling "hoo rah hoo rah hoo rah yeah!" at the top of my lungs is a winner.

^ What this guy said. I see a lot of people complaining about how none of these songs are "good". We're looking for a 15 second sound byte, the songs don't have to be "good" and you're never going to have a major sports organization to select a song that everybody thinks is "good". They'll pick something that will appeal to the masses which means it'll be watered down and catchy. In this case, if we can actually put up some goals and get our fans accustomed to the song it'll be great to hear a full areana chanting "hoo rah, hoo rah, hoo rah yeah!". Big goals, blow-outs, it'll be fun to hear. And after a few beers you better believe that 10,000 men will join in on that.

Also, things could be a lot worse, check out the Islanders new goal horn: 

https://twitter.com/barclayscenter/status/648669476335013888

Edited by mustacheofgod

at which point you will stop singing the very next line?

If you are referring to me, I can assure you I am missing nothing here. What is plainly evident is that we have the wrong size screw for the hole and people are just going back to their tool box and retrieving a hammer. Cause it appears y'all are going to try and make it fit anyway.

The song would be better off re-recorded with just the chant.

If you are referring to me, I can assure you I am missing nothing here. What is plainly evident is that we have the wrong size screw for the hole and people are just going back to their tool box and retrieving a hammer. Cause it appears y'all are going to try and make it fit anyway.

Isn't it possible that it's a good goal song and you just don't like it?

I'm going to sing, "hoo rah hoo rah hoo rah yeah! Over the hill come the Buffalo F###in' Sabres!!!"

i love the 80s british punk vibe that the song/band has. takes me back to those days when mtv played music videos. (i don't recall seeing this video on mtv back then, though.)

:rolleyes:

I just think it's a good song and fits the requirements of a goal song: catchy, non-offensive, and can be sung. I don't understand why you think "10000 men" won't sing it. is it the weird gay angle that's been talked about here? I can't figure out how that line of thought got started.

I'm holding out for 15 Miles on the Erie Canal.

I ONCE HAD A MULE AND HIS NAME WAS SAL!!!

That would be cool, although I'm not sure you'd get enough people to buy into it as an upbeat, 30-second clip.

no.

The slug was never a good logo. The Bills sending out a picture of their punter to STH was not a good move... These stupid decisions could have been prevented.

Edited by SDS

Side topic: what should the "put a fork in it" song be? Surely we can do better than Sweet Caroline.

The Kings "This Beat Goes On." If you want something subtler, then The Kings "Switchin' to Glide."

Added benefit, the band now controls the full rights to the songs so the guys that actually came up w/ 'em would make the money from the usage.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.