Fan excitement not reflected in secondary market

PromoTheRobot

Just perusing StubHub prices on Sabres games in October shows some games as low as $19.  Other games as low as $15. Even a Friday night game vs. the Flyers is going for as little as $23. That's a little disappointing as it shows that folks are taking a wait-and-see attitude with the team. To them the "Tank" isn't quite over.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

in all fairness most of the WNY sports focus is on the Bills right now.  I imagine that once we get within a week or two of the season the demand will go up(hopefully says this season ticket holder).  If the Sabres get off to a decent start(not hard to improve on the last two seasons), then the market will continue to trend upwards.

Last season is the only one I've ever lost money on seats. (For a looooong time I only broke even because I'd sell tix to friends never looking for a profit.)

Even in the Reinhart draft year, I made decent cake on the games I couldn't attend.

Be very surprised if the games I can't make don't pay for themselves.

Last season is the only one I've ever lost money on seats. (For a looooong time I only broke even because I'd sell tix to friends never looking for a profit.)

Even in the Reinhart draft year, I made decent cake on the games I couldn't attend.

I can't see how with players like Eichel, O'Reilly and Kane people are going to stay home. I just don't want to eat tickets like last season. I took a beating. Maybe once they look like they are competitive interest will increase. But for now it's a little depressing seeing weekend games go for under $25.

I sold some pre-season club seats for $60 and have agreed to sell about 4 games worth of club and 100 level preferred for over face value so I am pretty happy with where the market is right now.

I can't see how with players like Eichel, O'Reilly and Kane people are going to stay home. I just don't want to eat tickets like last season. I took a beating. Maybe once they look like they are competitive interest will increase. But for now it's a little depressing seeing weekend games go for under $25.

Interesting that PTR's experience here seems to differ from Taro's and TW's.  Maybe it's due to seat location?

Interesting that PTR's experience here seems to differ from Taro's and TW's.  Maybe it's due to seat location?

I am in the cheap seats, which historically always moved because they were affordable. As for the Ontario comment, I'm stunned at the prices for Toronto games. Like under $40. WTF happened? Did Leafs fans finally give up?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I am in the cheap seats, which historically always moved because they were affordable. As for the Ontario comment, I'm stunned at the prices for Toronto games. Like under $40. WTF happened? Did Leafs fans finally give up?

It's not as much fun to drive for 2 hours, sit at the border, and watch your team lose, only to reverse the process afterwards.

Just perusing StubHub prices on Sabres games in October shows some games as low as $19.  Other games as low as $15. Even a Friday night game vs. the Flyers is going for as little as $23. That's a little disappointing as it shows that folks are taking a wait-and-see attitude with the team. To them the "Tank" isn't quite over.

I bought my mini -pack last month, couldn't have cared less on the price. I want to be there for the turn around.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.