NHL Gamecenter live

NNYSABRESMAN

So I'm 75% sure I'm going to get gamecenter. I'm thinking of getting it in January. Is it going to be cheaper now that it's almost midway through the season? And the blackouts, Is it exactly 48 hours after? So today the Blackhawks play the Sabres at 1:00. I would be able to watch it Monday at 1:00 pm but no earlier?

So I'm 75% sure I'm going to get gamecenter. I'm thinking of getting it in January. Is it going to be cheaper now that it's almost midway through the season? And the blackouts, Is it exactly 48 hours after? So today the Blackhawks play the Sabres at 1:00. I would be able to watch it Monday at 1:00 pm but no earlier?

It's still being listed at the full-year price. They drop it down towards the end of the year, as I recall.

The blackouts are 48 hours after the game ends.  So you wouldn't be able to watch it until Monday at 3:30 or so. 

It's still being listed at the full-year price. They drop it down towards the end of the year, as I recall.

The blackouts are 48 hours after the game ends.  So you wouldn't be able to watch it until Monday at 3:30 or so. 

I thought that was the policy, but I'm in the Rangers market and right now can watch last night game against the Jets. Weird.

I thought that was the policy, but I'm in the Rangers market and right now can watch last night game against the Jets. Weird.

It also may depend on the platform you're working with.  I used to have a Roku, and blacked out games would always pop up as soon as the replays were made available.  Apple TV and iOS, not so much.  Haven't used the actual website in ages, so unsure about that one. Weird. 

I've noticed glitches like that too. Most recently on an NBC game that was played the day before was available. I've noticed there are slight differences in the clients as someone upthread mentioned. On the Android client, I can't for the life of me find "Watch from the Beginning" for a game that's currently on, but that's an option on the PS3. But Android has the uncut game available for replay (at least once or twice that I've tried) almost immediately after the game is over. The PS3 doesn't have a replay for at least a few hours after the game concludes. I should make a flow chart to decide which device I should be watching the game on.

I think that's where the NHL has gotten themselves into a quandry. When the first started it was basically just through the website and everything went relaitvely smooth. Then they were pressured into becoming multi-platformed. I don't think they've done a terrible job but I also think that they've hesitated to resolve anything knowing that MLB is taking over. We probably won't see it this season, but I'll bet we see some more consistency as time goes on.

• 1 month later...

I got this Email today, looks like they're going to start the transition this week.

Dear Valued NHL GameCenter LIVE™ Subscriber,

The National Hockey League is rebranding NHL GameCenter LIVE™ as NHL.TV™. NHL.TV™ is the way to watch LIVE hockey. The first LIVE streamed games will be February 2 (see full schedule). If you have any issues accessing a game, simply log in to the new Technical Support Forum on NHL.com. Technical support personnel are here to help during all live games. Social media support is now available. To reach technical support on Twitter, please follow @NHLTVSupport.

The NHL's LIVE and on-demand streaming experience will undergo a transition with the launch of NHL.TV™ after the 2016 Honda NHL® All-Star Game. We look forward to providing you with the best possible streaming experience.

NHL.TV™ requires you to log in on most devices in one of two ways – either enter your email based username or your non-email based username. We strongly recommend logging in to NHL.TV™ with your email based username (example: nhlfan@nhl.com). Your current password will not change.

Attention Xbox and Roku users: When using these devices, NHL.TV™ currently requires subscribers to log in only with a valid email based username. If you need to determine the email based username associated with your account, please follow these steps:

1. Log in to NHL.com by clicking the profile icon in the upper right hand corner of the homepage - you will be redirected to your Profile Page

2. Verify your email based username in the Personal Information Section

3. To access NHL.TV™, log in with your email based username. Your password will remain the same. You may also contact Customer Support at 800-559-2333 (U.S.) and 1-412-386-2646 (Int'l)

New Features:
• NHL® Official App – current subscribers simply log in with your existing credentials and enjoy improved video performance, LIVE look-ins, highlights, stats and more

• Introducing revolutionary 60fps (frames per second) live streaming video, available for supported connected devices as well as phones and tablets via the NHL Official App

• High definition NHL.TV™ Media Player - a completely re-engineered and powered web experience, delivering up to 5 Mbps HD streaming quality through a responsive, in-page layout and redesigned features

• NHL.TV™ Media Center - easy to use navigation connects you directly to the game you want

• Updated Connected Device Functionality – new milestone markers on supported connected devices let you watch the game in a whole new way (See Full List of Supported Devices)

• Enhanced Technical Support - if you are having any issues accessing your game, simply log in to the new Technical Forum and technical support personnel will be there to help. Social media support will now be available as well for the remainder of the season. To reach technical support on Twitter, please follow @NHLTVSupport

Current 2015-2016 Features:
• Watch either the home or away team's broadcast

• Access games on a variety of supported devices

• Full length and condensed replays

• Follow the action from multiple games at once with Mosaic® view and picture in picture

• Access to live stats and play by play from NHL GameCenter™

• Click here to see a full list of current features

If you have any questions or comments please send an email to customersupport@web.nhl.com

Sincerely,
NHL.TV™

I do like the 60FPS. If there's one complaint I have is the flow of the video, it just doesn't seem as smooth as watching a game on U-Verse.

It would also be nice if there was a way to skip ahead, or back 10 seconds on a Roku..... like a DVR. But that's a Roku issue.

Welp.  The updated app pushed itself to my phone / iPad this morning.  Lots of white space, I like it.  Randomly looked at a game from the archive; the video looks a TON better. 

Cool, I'll have to look at my phone. I'm interested to see how/when/if they update the PS3 client; I do a lot of my watching via that. If they don't, I might have revisit building a computer system of some sort for the TV.

EDIT: Phone is updated. First look: the game video does seem a little clearer, but on a 6" phone screen it's not that much of a difference. I didn't really watch enough on the old app to tell if the motion looks better. The old games I'm looking at, however, still have the blacked-out commercial breaks which really sucks. I haven't been doing it as often this year, but it's a lot easier to justify watching a 1:45 game after it's been condensed than a 2:45 game with 2-3 minutes of dead air often. Maybe that'll get fixed. The other odd one is there are a bunch of games from Wednesday (Buf/Ott) that are greyed out can can't be played. Maybe they started the migration too early and corrupted those games? :)

Edited by MattPie

I have so many issues after the update.

No condensed or higlights (10 and 5 minutes summary of the game) anymore. I cannot see any stats or game recap on my Ipad

With Apple TV they destroyed the best app off all. Now there und is no cut version of the game available ( without commercial breaks) and also no condensed version anymore. Instead i see many small videos with titles like Ennis Interview after loss. This is sooo bad especially for me who only watches the games 12hours later.

I hope they will fix this

Annnnnnnd, meltdown. Not working at all. A look at the twitters tells me I'm not alone. They literally had one f***ing job with this one. Ugh.

Wait a second.... It's been running for almost a minute now on the Apple TV..... It's a Groundhg's Day miracle!

I'm saltier than I should be about this, though God help everyone if my viewing of tomorrow's Sabres game is in any way impacted... I mean, I might send a sternly worded tweet...

Meh. Unles I watch ten seconds behind, it gets all hurkety jurkety. I also didn't see if you could watch from beginning when logging in late.

Yeah you can start it from the beginning. What device are you watching it on? With 60 FPS I wonder how much more Internet speed is needed. 

It crashed on me and I couldn't find away to shut off the score, or the little green dots along the bar that indicate a goal.

Spoiled the game for me and completely unacceptable to a West Coast resident that watches a majority of the games two hours behind live time.

Edited by dudacek

I'm on a Roku and the picture quality is a bit better and I haven't had to scream at the TV because it's reloading...... All good so far for me

Same here. Really felt as if I was watching a game on NHL Center Ice w/ Direct TV. Picture looked great and never had a hiccup in the feed. Very smooth. Gotta admit I'm impressed right now.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.