NHL Gamecenter live

NNYSABRESMAN

We might need to put together a chart with all the combos. PS3 can start games from the beginning, and rewind, but (last I checked) it took hours for the replay archive to be available so the second the game was over starting wasn't possible until the next day. Android can only do live, but the replay is available shortly after the game ends. Crazy.

My Xbox 360 features live and start from beginning.

Everything was fine during pre-season for the Roku, but the bugs rolled in once regular season started.

It seems as though they've fixed the issue with Roku. At least for me, they released an update today and everything works fine. I can start from beginning and rewind as far back as I want. Here is their quote. 

to resolve, on your Roku; please navigate to Settings > System> System Update>  and click on Check Now to update to the latest software. If you see any issues; please remove your device from power after the update completely, than power back on and launch the app.

Everything was fine during pre-season for the Roku, but the bugs rolled in once regular season started.

It seems as though they've fixed the issue with Roku. At least for me, they released an update today and everything works fine. I can start from beginning and rewind as far back as I want. Here is their quote. 

to resolve, on your Roku; please navigate to Settings > System> System Update>  and click on Check Now to update to the latest software. If you see any issues; please remove your device from power after the update completely, than power back on and launch the app.

Which Roku are you using? It sounds like the older Roku3 was OK, but newer models may still have an issue.

I think I'm using the 2015 model.

My Spreadsheet is growing by the minute. :)

Ugh, formatting

Platform    Live        Live from Beginning          FF/Rewind       Seek                30 Sec                  Notes

Browser 1 1        

Android 1 0 0 1 1 Switch Camera on Replay starts from beginning

Android to Chromecast (Live) 1 0 0 0 0 Seek kind of works to rewind to the beginning, but you can't FF or seek after

Android to Chromecast (Replay) 1 0 0 1 0 Always starts at beginning

iOS 1 0        

Xbox 360 1 1        

Xbox One 1 1        

PS3 1 1 1   0

PS4 1 1        

Roku 2014 1 1        

Roku 2015 1 0       New Update 10/17?

Roku 2016 1 0        

Apple TV 1 1        

If anyone wants to fill in some stuff, or add columns, these are what I have so far. Feel free to post.

- Platform

- Live (this is probably everything)

- Live From Beginning (can start a current game from the beginning, aka the Bio special)

- FF/Rewind (traditional FF/rewind)

- Seek (jump to any point in time)

- 30 sec (jump forward/backward 30 seconds)

- Notes (any odd things)

Edited by MattPie

Every game I've tried to watch this weekend has been blacked out for no reason.

I think some of them have been aired on NHL Network. I have att, so I'm up a crick without a paddle. I pay for cable and NHL.tv, but att doesn't carry NHL network. NHL.tv doesn't care about that though. "National broadcast! No game for you!"

These games aren't listed on the NHL.tv app as being aired on NHL network. The national Canadian station is shown. But I've noticed on twitter that people claim they're on NHL network.

I think some of them have been aired on NHL Network. I have att, so I'm up a crick without a paddle. I pay for cable and NHL.tv, but att doesn't carry NHL network. NHL.tv doesn't care about that though. "National broadcast! No game for you!"

These games aren't listed on the NHL.tv app as being aired on NHL network. The national Canadian station is shown. But I've noticed on twitter that people claim they're on NHL network.

I think it's ridiculous that NHLN gets blackout priority over NHL.tv. You'd think they'd know that people are cutting the cord and would want those games.

I had the same issue last year. When ATT bought out Direct TV, I switched over so I have the best of both worlds plus I have free GameCenter until early November. Its no different on NFL Ticket either. The game in your local area is blacked out on it also. I guess they are protecting the commercial rights of those Networks.

So, this could just be me being paranoid, but I'm starting to suspect that Comcast is throttling NHL.tv. Over the past few days, at home on the AppleTV or my iPad the feed is garbage. I constantly check my download/upload speeds to see if there's an issue; It halves when I'm running video on the NHL app or on the appleTV.

On my phone over LTE or on the iPad at work on our wifi, full HD with no issues. It's starting to freak me out...

So, this could just be me being paranoid, but I'm starting to suspect that Comcast is throttling NHL.tv. Over the past few days, at home on the AppleTV or my iPad the feed is garbage. I constantly check my download/upload speeds to see if there's an issue; It halves when I'm running video on the NHL app or on the appleTV.

On my phone over LTE or on the iPad at work on our wifi, full HD with no issues. It's starting to freak me out...

Reset your router.

… or modem.

… or both.

I highly recommend Sling TV.  I get the channels I actually want to watch and NHL Network is a part of that.  $20 for the orange package + $5 for the sports channels.  Saves a little dough. 

I've been debating on trying Sling, but I thought when I looked over the summer that they had two versions (Orange and Blue), and one includes NHLN and the other includes ESPN.  I care more about NHLN, but ESPN would be nice for occasional football watching, and I thought it would've been $40 to get access to both.  $25 isn't bad, though...

I've noticed the same BS too. The feed is just awful and I'm on Comcast too.

Reset your router.

… or modem.

… or both.

Which entails what? Powering down and restarting?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.