NHL Gamecenter live

NNYSABRESMAN

Same here. Really felt as if I was watching a game on NHL Center Ice w/ Direct TV. Picture looked great and never had a hiccup in the feed. Very smooth. Gotta admit I'm impressed right now.  

It's not that different on AppleTV, but it's always been excellent. There are a lot more replay options, though. Still can't understand why they can't let you see video when you scroll. Every other app does that.

The picture and flow is much better on the Macbook-HDMI-TV now, by a lot.

• 2 months later...

Now that it has been changed to NHL.tv, does anyone know where (or if) the Vault section exists?

It doesn't exist in the PS3 client, I think people were complaining about it before so I'm guessing it's not there, and may never be.

I wish we had gotten advanced notice that the vault was going away. There were a couple of games I would have liked to have watched. I was pretty displeased with the Roku app once MLB took over. Everything was great on the laptop though. 

What were your issues with the Roku??

Some things were better once MLB took over (picture quality for one) but I wished they showed the pre and post game shows instead of cutting it off 30 seconds after the game ends and as someone mentioned above about not being able to scroll forward and backward to a specific spot instead of having to guess where your stopping and starting again.

What were your issues with the Roku??

Some things were better once MLB took over (picture quality for one) but I wished they showed the pre and post game shows instead of cutting it off 30 seconds after the game ends and as someone mentioned above about not being able to scroll forward and backward to a specific spot instead of having to guess where your stopping and starting again.

I had a lot of problems with the game loading screen popping up. Sometimes it was minor, sometimes I couldn't get through a game and had to hook the laptop up to the big screen in order to watch it. I have zero issues with the Roku for Netflix, HBO, etc..... I uninstalled/reinstalled the app, changed network channels, even hardwired the Roku. My wireless speed is a pretty constant 65-80 Mbps. Process of elimination pretty much left the NHL Roku app. 

Yeah, I think I mentioned the being able to scroll forward and back to specific points. That's not an NHL/MLB issue though, it's like that with everything on Roku. That would probably require some major modifications from Roku, maybe even hardware changes. 

I'm sure they'll improve for next year, they jumped in mid-season so there were bound to be glitches. I have AT&T U-Verse, and since they merged with DirectTV I'm also hoping we'll eventually have the option to get Center Ice. 

• 4 months later...

Watched the game last night and it was the best picture that I've ever had with it. Not quite HD quality but a lot closer than it has ever been before. The Ottawa announcers were awful though, again. They had one take where they were wondering if Eichel would play center this year, WTF??? I enjoy watching bits and pieces of others broadcasts to get a feel for the other teams version of the game and some are awesome, some are terrible and surprisingly there are times the picture quality of the other teams broadcast is much better. It was nice to finally get to see some preseason games, first time that I can remember doing so.

• 2 weeks later...

It wouldn't work at all on my PC, kept coming up with an error. On the Roku, IF it made it to the point of playing, it would last for about 15 seconds before the "loading please wait" screen popped up......then it wouldn't return at all.

It worked flawlessly on my Note 4 in HD. On the same network as the PC and Roku. Of course I didn't find that out until about 30 seconds before Kane got injured.

Everything worked fine the night before. I wish they'd just admit that everything was overloaded and it will be better in a week or two. It happens every year like clockwork. I just figured it might be different since MLB took over.

It wouldn't work at all on my PC, kept coming up with an error. On the Roku, IF it made it to the point of playing, it would last for about 15 seconds before the "loading please wait" screen popped up......then it wouldn't return at all.

It worked flawlessly on my Note 4 in HD. On the same network as the PC and Roku. Of course I didn't find that out until about 30 seconds before Kane got injured.

Everything worked fine the night before. I wish they'd just admit that everything was overloaded and it will be better in a week or two. It happens every year like clockwork. I just figured it might be different since MLB took over.

Interesting. I wonder if their Content Distribution Network (CDN) isn't as smart as it needs to be. It would make sense that Florida would more users than Philly as the vast majority of people here are Flyers fans.

I was having that problem last year. I found that no matter what I was watching it on (appletv, ipad, pc), if I hit LIVE, then the back 10sec button once or twice, the problem went away. I did it out of habit last night and didn't have any issues but don't even know if it was a problem.

Interesting. I wonder if their Content Distribution Network (CDN) isn't as smart as it needs to be. It would make sense that Florida would more users than Philly as the vast majority of people here are Flyers fans.

Good points, that could explain why it works fine in some areas, and not so fine in others. 

I was having that problem last year. I found that no matter what I was watching it on (appletv, ipad, pc), if I hit LIVE, then the back 10sec button once or twice, the problem went away. I did it out of habit last night and didn't have any issues but don't even know if it was a problem.

I've done that in the past and it seemed to work pretty good. 

It never made any sense to me why they don't make a Roku that has solid state memory specifically dedicated for buffering for live video. Much like a hard drive in a DVR. Supposedly the RAM in the Roku isn't used for buffering. 

A subscriber posted this on the support forum regarding Roku devices. If true, there are going to be some pissed off people, including me because this worked in pre-season and it was also functional the last several years prior. This is a real issue for those who can't get home in time, or simply want to rewind the game back a minute to see a play over again. 

Per the issue of not being able to start a game in progress from the beginning, I just received this message from NHL.tv email support: 
"Unfortunately there is not the option to "start from beginning" on a ROKU device. There is the option of watching the game after 24 hours if you missed the game or 48 hours if the game was blacked out."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.