Sabres hosting their own prospect tournament Sept 12-14

pi2000

Chapman got into a scuffle with a NJD guy, they would of fought but the refs stopped them.

Eichel would of had 5 assists had the Dmen fielded the passes or just fired a one timer. He made NJD's d look like joke most of the game.

Reinhart, like Eichel is on a different level. Bailey, Baptiste, and Rodregus aren't half bad themselves, with the other two they look like 1st rounders themselves.

Chapman was my favorite D, he like cut out of an 80s team. Grinder, big, mullet, takes no prisoners. I doubt he's a full time NHLer but he certainly has the makings of a career AHLer who anchors the D-core

Chapman got into a scuffle with a NJD guy, they would of fought but the refs stopped them.

Eichel would of had 5 assists had the Dmen fielded the passes or just fired a one timer. He made NJD's d look like joke most of the game.

Reinhart, like Eichel is on a different level. Bailey, Baptiste, and Rodregus aren't half bad themselves, with the other two they look like 1st rounders themselves.

Chapman was my favorite D, he like cut out of an 80s team. Grinder, big, mullet, takes no prisoners. I doubt he's a full time NHLer but he certainly has the makings of a career AHLer who anchors the D-core

He's the spitting image of Fulton Reed from the Mighty Ducks.

I thought Eichel and Reinhart displayed skills above and beyond the others....... particularly passing skills and vision on the ice..... Eichel had one through the skates move up the left side that was very slick. The 1st goal set the tone, and was great to see. Baptiste, Bailey, and Rodrigues were solid. Catenacci has some wheels and persistence...... didn't like Chapman as much as others....... I thought Makarov played well, and worked hard..... Asmundson didn't look as good, but he had one outright close-range robbery.....

During the 1st intermission, while people watching over the rail on the 2nd level Mike Weber walked by being towed around by a little one........ There was a small  group of players watching from the 200's......

Any chance Bailey or Baptiste make the team?   I'd take either of them over a guy like Deslauriers or McCormick.   

No chance at all.  0.  Ziltch, Nada. None. Bailey and Baptiste need at least a year in AHL.  Don't be fooled by what they do against the NJD prospects.  Desluariers is an NHL caliber player.  Bailey and Baptiste aren't at that speed yet. 

No chance at all. 0. Ziltch, Nada. None. Bailey and Baptiste need at least a year in AHL. Don't be fooled by what they do against the NJD prospects. Desluariers is an NHL caliber player. Bailey and Baptiste aren't at that speed yet.

Disagree. The chances are low but they're certainly not zero.

We've got a pretty solid logjam of forwards but I don't believe for a second that Bylsma wouldn't consider giving a Baptiste or Bailey time if they looked superior to other guys at their positions.

I just don't follow the "need a year in the AHL" line of thinking as a near-universal way of thinking. It's probably true for many/most but you have to get them on the ice before going one way or the other.

That said I fully expect both to be in Rochester for a majority of the season with maybe a handful of games in Buffalo.

Kane, ROR, Eichel, Moulson, Ennis, Zemgus, Reinhart, Foligno, Gionta. Where do Nick Baptiste and Justin Bailey fit into that top 9?  Because playing guys like them on the 4th line giving them 8minutes a night is worthless.  So you have to remove 1-2 players in the top nine.  My top nine doesn't account McGinn, Legwand, or Deslauriers who all could potentially make that top 9. 

Further to my point, Tim Murray is not having 4 of 9 forwards be rookies.  This isn't the Oilers.  So now you have to convince me they will play on the 4th line.  Well let's see... we have McCormick, possibly Kaleta and also the other 3 guys I just mentioned.  Now you might be able to convince me on a message board that Bailey or Baptiste is better than those 5 players or as good, but Dan Bylsma is not going to convince Murray. It is the wrong way to handle players of their caliber. Bailey and Baptiste are not at NHL speed.  Adjusting to the AHL will be tough enough and they may spend 2 years there or maybe even never see the NHL.

Bailey and Baptiste are not Jack Eichel or Samson Reinhart.  They played great against the NJD prospects.  The NJD have serious prospect talent issues coming their way so not exactly a good measure.  It is exactly like in college football a few years ago everyone was all ga ga over ND and how they were going to beat Alabama with Mante Teo leading the charge.  That Alabama team was on a different level, just like our prospects.  Nick and Justin are going to Rochester because prospects are on a lower level then NHL players.  

I read your note about you expecting them there, they will be there.  Justin Bailey and Nick Baptiste are not starting in Buffalo unless the injury bug from hell ravages us. They are going where they belong, Rochester NY.

Well one of the could in theory beat out reinhart for a top 9 winger spot. I'd say that has a better chance than 0%

But who knows what's going on in the mind of Murray and byslma

No. The chances of Bailey or Baptiste beating out Reinhart is a negative number.  Something like -23

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.