Patrick Kane: [Updated] D.A. Decides Not to Prosecute; NHL Determines Claims "Unfounded"

That Aud Smell

Watched the Eoannou interview. The bag delivered to the home was an empty bag. I don't know what should be in the bag at this point. For instance, would it contain physical evidence (think vials, plastic containers), written observations (think doctors, nurses at the original exam), and post analysis write ups and data (lab reports and doctors)?

I suspect all but the vials and containers are records stored at multiple places and can be recreated. All but the vials and containers is quite a statement.

No conclusions. Mind numblingly weird.

Impression: Eoannou is impressive and credible. That leads me nowhere toward a verdict, of course. Simple impression.

Brian Mazurowski

@BMaz1

Statement from Erie County Central Police Srvcs says that all evidence in Kane case is accounted for & remains in its original packaging

Which of course doesn't mean it wasn't tampered with. Nor does it explicitly mean that the rape kit bag is part of that evidence or the evidence's packaging (there would probably have been bags of individual items inside the rape kit bag). 

Brian Mazurowski

@BMaz1

Statement from Erie County Central Police Srvcs says that all evidence in Kane case is accounted for & remains in its original packaging

So IF she went to the hospital, the proper authorities would be in possession of all evidence and there wouldn't be any chance of tampering. As this Tweet clearly indicates. Thereby making her attorney's claim bogus. 

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Could it be:

1). Evidence collected to date, into the bag and seal. Chain of custody intact.

2). Addition to evidence arrives, open bag and insert all contents into NEW bag, chain of custody intact.

3). Carelessly dispose of old bag, no longer relevant to chain of custody. Chain intact.

4). Take, find, steal discarded bag and plan bizarre strategy to some end ....

Anyway, Eoannou must've considered this with his experience as they worked into the early morning hours to confirm the bag ....

Edit: Much like D4rk said, earlier than me

Edited by N'eo

hmm...  how to summarize...

The wipers on the bus go swish, swish, swish,

swish, swish, swish,

swish, swish, swish,

The wipers on the bus go swish, swish, swish

all through the town ....

Edited by wjag

The fact that it's just the bag makes me lean more towards intimidation instead of tampering.  Watching clips of Eoannou's press conference (edited clips, so not the full press conference) make me think that too, with the way he pointed out how the bag had her name and DOB on it.  This is admittedly pure rampant speculation on my part, but that's where I am right now.  It is going to be an interesting next couple of days for this story.

Could it be:

1). Evidence collected to date, into the bag and seal. Chain of custody intact.

2). Addition to evidence arrives, open bag and insert all contents into NEW bag, chain of custody intact.

3). Carelessly dispose of old bag, no longer relevant to chain of custody. Chain intact.

4). Take, find, steal discarded bag and plan bizarre strategy to some end ....

Anyway, Enaonnou must've considered this with his experience as they worked into the early morning hours to confirm the bag ....

I like this. It's how the scenario is forming in my mind, as well.

I would not be surprised that some pro-Kane person, un-related to the investigation, found the bag, somehow, and is trying to intimidate the accuser.

What are the odds one of the bags/kits is a forgery?

The description of the markings; her name, DOB, and the nurse's initials, sound pretty specific.  If someone could actually fake that, they would have to have a whole hell of a lot of knowledge of the situation.  The lawyer would definitely check on those details about how the nurse identified the bag before going public with this.

The description of the markings; her name, DOB, and the nurse's initials, sound pretty specific.  If someone could actually fake that, they would have to have a whole hell of a lot of knowledge of the situation.  The lawyer would definitely check on those details about how the nurse identified the bag before going public with this.

For it to be a convincing forgery, it'd have to be pretty accurate. So those things you are describing need to be absolutely correct anyway.

Let's be clear, there was no evidence, just the bag for the rape kit, which was empty.

Hence the IF I've been referring to. Since/if she went to the hospital, there is evidence either supporting her case, or not supporting her case. Somebody is in possession of said evidence (or results). Whatever, and however this rape kit made it to the mother's house has no bearing on the evidence that does exist. Wherever that may be. 

If I'm missing something, please let me know. 

Hence the IF I've been referring to. Since/if she went to the hospital, there is evidence either supporting her case, or not supporting her case. Somebody is in possession of said evidence (or results). Whatever, and however this rape kit made it to the mother's house has no bearing on the evidence that does exist. Wherever that may be. 

How?

Well that's the big question isn't it? Are we simply to assume that tampering couldn't have occurred while under official control? Because that would be foolish. 

No, we can't assume. But we also need to consider the scenario that it is highly unlikely somebody would risk probable imprisonment by tampering with evidence. Is it possible? Sure. When did the mother receive the package? One has to assume the rape kit was performed that night and any results have already been determined. 

You keep referring to the "rape kit" which is inaccurate, based on what we know. It is only the evidence bag, empty.

Otherwise, I'm not paying attention to your argument above, no offense, the things we know are already intriguing enough. Just trying to help you remain accurate in whatever it is you're trying to say.

No, we can't assume. But we also need to consider the scenario that it is highly unlikely somebody would risk probable imprisonment by tampering with evidence. Is it possible? Sure. When did the mother receive the package? One has to assume the rape kit was performed that night and any results have already been determined. 

Again, questions. But we don't know that it wasn't tampered with while in official hands, which is what the accuser's lawyer seems to want looked at, and with what appears to be good reason. 

Edited by d4rksabre

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.