Patrick Kane: [Updated] D.A. Decides Not to Prosecute; NHL Determines Claims "Unfounded"

That Aud Smell

If it happened, good for her.  Hope she stays strong.

She would still have the ability to sue him in a civil suit as well right? 

Don't know about updating rosters. Been a while since I played. Are you saying an NHL 14 game can be updated with current rosters of 15? 

So not knowing if that is the case my point was don't delay the release of the game due to reworking covers or discs. Print expedited ones with Toews only and if it's such a financial hit charge a buck more for the game. I'm sure people around here are willing to fork up a buck to get access as quick as possible to our Sabres team with the ability to play Eichel.

If I was misguided and my first sentence is what it it is and you were referring to well, never mind :cry:  

No, older games never get newer rosters.  However, Eichel cannot be in the game until he plays 1 regular season game in a Sabres uniform.  So, given that the Sabres opener is Oct. 8th he will not be in the game until the first roster update after that.  It has to do with some NCAA licensing garbage.  So the game comes out on Sept. 15.  It's likely going to be a month before you can play as Eichel, unless EA has a roster drop overnight on 10/8 :)

She would still have the ability to sue him in a civil suit as well right? 

No, older games never get newer rosters.  However, Eichel cannot be in the game until he plays 1 regular season game in a Sabres uniform.  So, given that the Sabres opener is Oct. 8th he will not be in the game until the first roster update after that.  It has to do with some NCAA licensing garbage.  So the game comes out on Sept. 15.  It's likely going to be a month before you can play as Eichel, unless EA has a roster drop overnight on 10/8 :)

Absolutely.  Even if he is acquitted in a criminal trial, as we saw with OJ.

Is this really necessary?

The fact is almost all hockey discussion has been subordinated to a rape discussion.

I don't think it is selfish to say that our hockey oasis has been overtaken by an alleged crime and at the very least it is okay to miss what we've become accustomed to.

We've lost a few things in this affair: our hockey conversation, admiration for one of the game's best players, a certain hometown pride in the fact he was presumed to be one of us, the idea someone from WNY can compete at the highest level. There is a bit of cognitive dissonance.  It takes time. 

I had pictures of OJ and Pete Rose in my locker in high school. 

It is not nothing. It is not inhuman to wish the entire subject away. 

Let's not lose our decency over this too. 

Carry on. 

I think wishing a subject away is a huge problem, actually. We do it with many things in our world. This country on the whole is great at simply trying to wish things out of existence. 

This situation isn't going anywhere any time soon. 

If and when a result comes down, my life will be no different after than it was before. Neither will be yours. Nor anyone else's except those directly involved. 

Do I feel bad that there might be kids out there losing a hero? Sure. 

But I don't feel bad for any adult who somehow feels victimized by the fact that this situation exists. That's silly. 

Wishing this situation away for selfish reasons is a huge disservice to everyone that it actually impacts. 

Edited by l1ghtsabre

The fact is almost all hockey discussion has been subordinated to a rape discussion.

I don't think it is selfish to say that our hockey oasis has been overtaken by an alleged crime and at the very least it is okay to miss what we've become accustomed to.

We've lost a few things in this affair: our hockey conversation, admiration for one of the game's best players, a certain hometown pride in the fact he was presumed to be one of us, the idea someone from WNY can compete at the highest level. There is a bit of cognitive dissonance.  It takes time. 

Carry on. 

He could, ya know, just not visit this thread. Instead, he feels compelled to toss a "woe is me" napalm grenade into it. 

We've lost a few things in this affair: our hockey conversation, admiration for one of the game's best players, a certain hometown pride in the fact he was presumed to be one of us, the idea someone from WNY can compete at the highest level. There is a bit of cognitive dissonance. It takes time.

Carry on.

Verbal diarrhea

:nana:

Maybe it's just me, I've frequented many different forums, but this one is one of the tamest forums I've been on. Yet it probably leads in the frequency of posts in which members criticize the content of others, at least in the way it is presented.

Relax, you all are getting bent out of shape about a harmless post and are just making it worse by throwing fuel on the fire. I know, I've been dealing with it the entire thread. These posts are hardly anything to get offended by.

Maybe it's just me, I've frequented many different forums, but this one is one of the tamest forums I've been on. Yet it probably leads in the frequency of posts in which members criticize the content of others, at least in the way it is presented.

Relax, you all are getting bent out of shape about a harmless post and are just making it worse by throwing fuel on the fire. I know, I've been dealing with it the entire thread. These posts are hardly anything to get offended by.

Criticism is a good thing. Anyone unwilling to be criticized, especially when that criticism is fair, is not really willing to be a member of a community. 

I've been roundly criticized in this thread. I won't downplay the importance of that criticism which I have received. Whether or not I agree with it isn't important. 

Our personalities on this board, like it or not, reflect real life. I know enough people in real life from this forum to know that who they are here is the same as who they are in flesh and blood. We cannot hide who we are.

And what we say, along with how we say it, frequently betrays who we are. 

Wookie's language is telling of who he is as a person. To say that his post was harmless is dismissive. If he is willing to make himself a victim in this situation, perhaps he does so elsewhere? To let it float by without a peep would be to lack interest or care for his words. Whether it appears to be the case or not, I care for the words Wookie speaks. And it is why I criticize his words. 

I expect people would do the same for me. And frequently they do. And although it may frustrate me sometimes, I appreciate that criticism. 

Nah I'm good. If someone thinks being in a bad mood justifies crying about frivolous "suffering", there is no engagement that will change how that person thinks. Wookie has received mulligan after mulligan on this forum for saying absolutely terrible and mindless things. I'm done giving him an inch. If he hasn't learned by now I don't believe he ever will. 

Well, there's your problem, right there.

I think wishing a subject away is a huge problem, actually. We do it with many things in our world. This country on the whole is great at simply trying to wish things out of existence. 

If and when a result comes down, my life will be no different after than it was before. Neither will be yours. Nor anyone else's except those directly involved. 

But I don't feel bad for any adult who somehow feels victimized by the fact that this situation exists. That's silly. 

Wishing this situation away for selfish reasons is a huge disservice to everyone that it actually impacts. 

Here is my bit of condescension. I have a hard time believing we are providing any service to anyone it actually impacts. But we can still be kind to the people actually here. Opinions here will evolve. 

Or as the drunks say, identify don't compare. 

Or as I say, there was a kinder way to express your reaction to his emotion. (calling him a victim, demands for retraction, really?)

(And geez I just now notice that you are 22,000 posts in, not something I usually follow, and I have no idea who you are because of all the name shifting. )

Anyway. I'll go away now. That's my piece. 

Wishing this situation away for selfish reasons is a huge disservice to everyone that it actually impacts.

This should've been your first post in response to Wookie. Well said.

I'm sorry that somebody possibly being raped inconvenienced you, try to be considerate. It sounds like a "get over it" if you're attempting to wish away the subject. It's on a similarly bad level with victim blaming/shaming.

This should've been your first post in response to Wookie. Well said.

I'm sorry that somebody possibly being raped inconvenienced you, try to be considerate. It sounds like a "get over it" if you're attempting to wish away the subject. It's on a similarly bad level with victim blaming/shaming.

You're right. 

Criticism is a good thing. Anyone unwilling to be criticized, especially when that criticism is fair, is not really willing to be a member of a community. 

I've been roundly criticized in this thread. I won't downplay the importance of that criticism which I have received. Whether or not I agree with it isn't important. 

Our personalities on this board, like it or not, reflect real life. I know enough people in real life from this forum to know that who they are here is the same as who they are in flesh and blood. We cannot hide who we are.

And what we say, along with how we say it, frequently betrays who we are. 

Wookie's language is telling of who he is as a person. To say that his post was harmless is dismissive. If he is willing to make himself a victim in this situation, perhaps he does so elsewhere? To let it float by without a peep would be to lack interest or care for his words. Whether it appears to be the case or not, I care for the words Wookie speaks. And it is why I criticize his words. 

I expect people would do the same for me. And frequently they do. And although it may frustrate me sometimes, I appreciate that criticism. 

Criticism is fine. Piling on is a different story. There has been much more piling on than there have been questionable posts in this thread. In order for his post to not be harmless, it would have had to have caused harm in the first place.

But based on criticism directed towards me in this thread, apparently I lack any sense of self-control. So what do I know.............. :angel:

Criticism is fine. Piling on is a different story. There has been much more piling on than there have been questionable posts in this thread. In order for his post to not be harmless, it would have had to have caused harm in the first place.

But based on criticism directed towards me in this thread, apparently I lack any sense of self-control. So what do I know.............. :angel:

I think I could argue it harms our community here. I mean hell, we have an entire thread dedicated to discussing how we treat new posters here, and the consensus time and again appears to be a desire to hold discussions, especially serious ones, to a high standard. 

Not every thread or subject receives this treatment. I readily recognize that. But a thread like this is exactly why we try to set a high bar here, isn't it? So that we can have the discussions that are difficult. And the things that we say and how we say them certainly matter, no? Not just to individual posters but to this whole community. 

Here is my bit of condescension. I have a hard time believing we are providing any service to anyone it actually impacts. But we can still be kind to the people actually here. Opinions here will evolve. 

Or as the drunks say, identify don't compare. 

Or as I say, there was a kinder way to express your reaction to his emotion. (calling him a victim, demands for retraction, really?)

(And geez I just now notice that you are 22,000 posts in, not something I usually follow, and I have no idea who you are because of all the name shifting. )

Anyway. I'll go away now. That's my piece. 

I'm sorry, X  :blush: (I was, and will be again, qwksndmonster. Immerman is just my last name)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.