Ted Black and Sabres "mutually part ways"

Weave

You missed it by at least 30 seconds.   :P

It was posted elsewhere? 

Man.

Also: Can someone remind me how to edit a topic's title? This is evidently being styled as a mutual parting of ways.

{Edit: No longer needed, as my thread merged with weave's. But, still: How do you do it again?}

wow. Battista!

seriously.

{Edit: Brandon?!}

Edited by That Aud Smell

Nationally. I have been told that at least three NFL teams approached TP after sale was complete to see if Brandon was available and that the NFL was also interested if he didn't remain with team.

I wish I could find the post I read to this effect -- it was from a TO writer who put it on his (personal?) blog.

For those who don't want to tip their hat to the man, I'd be curious to know why. He seems to be quite capable at what he does.

In terms of marketing/business side - he has done a great job.  That is what he will be doing.  He isn't involved with the on field product.

Agreed.

I have been telling all you nay sayers, Brandon is very highly thought of.

You have been indeed and it appears TP is one of those who thinks highly of him.  I do not.

I wish I could find the post I read to this effect -- it was from a TO writer who put it on his (personal?) blog.

For those who don't want to tip their hat to the man, I'd be curious to know why. He seems to be quite capable at what he does.

Agreed.

Because he was a big part of the organization, and eventually ran it, during a terrible and lengthy period in Bills' history during which they made one awful decision after another -- and during which, I do not believe, that his responsibilities/influence were limited to marketing.

Terrible decisions on his watch, off the top of my head:

Toronto series

Gregg Williams

Mike Mularkey

Dick Jauron (including his contract extension)

Chan Gailey

Buddy Nix

Mike Williams

Aaron Maybin

Derrick Dockery

Robert Royal

Jason Peters

EJ Manuel

Trade for Watkins

Failure to bring in a decent QB

I say again:  yuck.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.