Hockey Dead Space

Stads

Now that the development camp is over, we need to wait two months before training camp begins. What is everyone going to do with this lull in the hockey schedule? I guess following the ROR saga could kill some time or perhaps I could take up whittling.

See some baseball games (hopefully), get together with friends and enjoy the weather, couple of rec leagues, finish some books, a camping trip, make some hockey-related threads on SS, and mimic Ubkev in his ways of making Eleven hate America

Edited by WildCard

My wife is trying her damnedest to fill my time with a honey do list. She's got one taped to the fridge and as I complete each task she checks it off the list. Problem is she keeps adding to the list. I know. Hand in my mancard. You got to take the good with the bad I guess. I can't wait for this season to start.

Add your own fun man ###### to that list then do the things in order.

Yeah a buddy told me to make my own list and hopefully they cancel each other out. But really I don't mind. Its mostly stuff that can't be neglected for too long like fixing fences, house maintenance n shite like that. 

I guess following the ROR saga could kill some time

I know.  Thank GAWD someone did something wrong over the summer.

My wife is trying her damnedest to fill my time with a honey do list. She's got one taped to the fridge and as I complete each task she checks it off the list. Problem is she keeps adding to the list. I know. Hand in my mancard. You got to take the good with the bad I guess. I can't wait for this season to start.

Keeping your woman happy is the ultimate in mancard points.  Carry on.

I've missed hockey so much.  All this draft/trade excitement and I can't even play.  Our local rink is being renovated (yeah right) and probably won't open until September.  A couple weeks ago there were two nights in a row that I had hockey dreams (dreams in which I play hockey).

I'm playing soccer twice a week, frisbee twice a week, volleyball when I can.  None of it satisfies me (as much as hockey).

Edited by qwksndmonster

I've missed hockey so much.  All this draft/trade excitement and I can't even play.  Our local rink is being renovated (yeah right) and probably won't open until September.  A couple weeks ago there were two nights in a row that I had hockey dreams (dreams in which I play hockey).

I'm playing soccer twice a week, frisbee twice a week, volleyball when I can.  None of it satisfies me (as much as hockey).

I had a great session last night at the Harbor Center. The teams were so lopsided that the other goalie was practically asleep in the net and I got shelled for quite a few goals. But I loved every minute of it. It was the workout I needed and there's nothing more fun than making an acrobatic save on a breakaway or a two-on-none and hearing the other players go "OHHH". 

I had a great session last night at the Harbor Center. The teams were so lopsided that the other goalie was practically asleep in the net and I got shelled for quite a few goals. But I loved every minute of it. It was the workout I needed and there's nothing more fun than making an acrobatic save on a breakaway or a two-on-none and hearing the other players go "OHHH". 

I've never played goal and can't ever see me doing it. You guys are nuts! Lol 

Le Tour

...de Fort Worth.

The mayor's office sponsors a bicycle ride series that coincides with the TDF.  Our mayor has ridden different parts of the city during the TDF for many years before she became mayor, and now she's using her bully pulpit to share her cycling enthusiasm with the rest of the city.  Last night was my first chance to ride in the Tour de Fort Worth this year and wouldn't ya know it, it's one of the few rides the mayor has missed this year.  Altogether I rode 36 miles last night- 10 miles from my house to the ride start, 16 miles with the group, and 10 miles home (including an impressive sprint inspired by a huge dog that was loose last night... maybe I need to start avoiding the barrio on the way home).

Edited by Robins Egg

Now that the development camp is over, we need to wait two months before training camp begins. What is everyone going to do with this lull in the hockey schedule? I guess following the ROR saga could kill some time or perhaps I could take up whittling.

Someone make a trip to Wegmans for me, don't take it for granted - Publix is horrible

So now you know how the Sabres Goalies felt every game :P

that's when I find playing it net the most fun. I hate the nights where my defence is keeping g them out of our end and I face little Shota. Sometimes that's when you have tour worst game cause you end up sleeping or less focused case nothing is going on for you. You might face a ton of Shots, let a bunch in and lose but you feel like you got your money's worth out of the game.

It's even more fun when you face a ton of Shota and win the game too.....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.