Ryan O'Reilly and Jamie McGinn traded to Sabres

LGR4GM

Shut your ###### mouth.

Not sure if that is a serious post, but it's an opinion on the topic I agree w/. Not a plan beyond 4 years? Not buying that. Murray is looking at the short and long term. 8 years has to be included. Look at Boston right now. Their system is a mess. Have hopes Murray never follows that route. 

Not sure if that is a serious post, but it's an opinion on the topic I agree w/. Not a plan beyond 4 years? Not buying that. Murray is looking at the short and long term. 8 years has to be included. Look at Boston right now. Their system is a mess. Have hopes Murray never follows that route. 

It is silly to be worried about 8 years from now. There are 7 more drafts between now and then, and our "core" is set for the foreseeable future. 

Semi-serious.  We just finished the shittiest two seasons of Sabres hockey in their history.  the last thing I want to see posted is the another tank down the road.  I don't want to experience that ever again.

I just don't know enough about this O'Reilly character to be as excited as everyone else, but it does seem a little weird that in this historically deep draft, we only took one player in the first round out of three chances.

To counter that though, it is rarely the wrong move to trade potential talent for proven talent, I just don't know if O'reilly actually is a proven talent.

it's a deep draft, and with 3 picks today they walk away with Eichel, a potential franchise goalie in Lehner and an young established top 6 forward with NHL experience. I don't see how that's a bad draft when they could have just had Eichel and 3 players with potential that would probably not sniff the NHL for years to come and still not be guaranteed to be anything really special. The depth in the draft was in the guys in the top 10, maybe top 15. The rest isn't that much different to every other year....

I guess. But I'll still enjoy watching  his style of game even on the Lanche. Always looking to blow someone up with a big hit is exciting. 

I get it.  But besides Seabrook, no other Hawk D-Man is a big hitter and they won it.  Exciting yes, a winning d-man, not necessarily.

I'd rather have O'Reilly, knowing that any big body defenseman can pretty much provide the same thing McNabb did. Verdict still out on Zad, he could be a star for all we know. But either way I will be satisfied. O'Reilly is already a star, just not in the "score 30 goals and 70 points" category. 

I would not be. I have little use for defenseman who can't skate or make zone exit passes.

From my observation neither does GMTM.

Zadorovs play style is too risky/reward for predictable success imo. He can blow up the play and get on the highlight reel but he can also lose his man and cost a goal. That's too inconsistent for playoff hockey for me.

Good luck Zads

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.