Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

On November 29th 2014 the Hawks played the Kings in LA. The Hawks then had a 4 day break before their next game suggesting the Hawks would not have immediately flown out of LA. This indicates the alleged incident could have taken place as described.

I thought teams almost always immediately leave?

Who the hell posts on livejournal anymore? 

It reads like fanfiction. Creepy fanfiction, but fanfiction nonetheless.

There's a lot of people on reddit and such searching up ATC records to prove whether the team left that night or not. There are discrepancies. 

I sure hope it isn't true. And if it is... just yick. 

Edited by Josie914

...of someone claiming to be a woman claiming... Let's be precise.

Five to seven minutes in the women's restroom?

Yep. People are so broken, and I'm not talking about Kane.

It's a good thing "she" doesn't care if I believe "her" or not.

It reads like fanfiction. Creepy fanfiction, but fanfiction nonetheless.

There's a lot of people on reddit and such searching up ATC records to prove whether the team left that night or not. There are discrepancies.

I sure hope it isn't true. And if it is... just yick.

Short of that or Kane actually getting involved himself with an alibi, I doubt everyone will ever be convinced either way Edited by WildCard

Thanks!

First post seems to be about the flight times not matching up, and it indicates the team left LA hours after their game

Yeah.

I try not to hold a lot of stock in internet sleuthing, reddit IS the place that misidentified the Boston Bomber a couple years back. 

But if people are considering all possible avenues, read your heart out. I doubt we'll ever know for sure. I'll leave it at that unless/until more information surfaces. 

The next step would be proving that Patrick Kane was on that flight... With a four-day break in between LA and their next game I wouldn't find it shocking that players stuck around.

Does that ever happen though? It was the end of a long road trip, I'd want to go home. And given Kane's history even prior to that, I doubt the team was eager to let him stay in LA for the night

By the way, the context of the story is it's a comment on someone's erotic Blackhawks fan fiction account; the account writes sexual fantasies of Kane and Toews

Yeah.

I try not to hold a lot of stock in internet sleuthing, reddit IS the place that misidentified the Boston Bomber a couple years back.

But if people are considering all possible avenues, read your heart out. I doubt we'll ever know for sure. I'll leave it at that unless/until more information surfaces.

It's hit and miss. 4chan is infamous for finding and getting multiple animals abusers and criminals arrested. They also broke The Fappening and a bunch of other stuff. Edited by WildCard

The next step would be proving that Patrick Kane was on that flight... With a four-day break in between LA and their next game I wouldn't find it shocking that players stuck around.

These guys don't get that kind of freedom during the season. If there was a team flight he was on it.

Another Player's Tribune article, I know people here like to read these: http://www.theplayerstribune.com/justin-abdelkader-college-hockey-red-wings/

Justin Abdelkader describes his college experience.

Justin Abdelkader, Stats geek:

It has taken me six years, but I completed my bachelor’s degree in Business Management this summer. I won’t lie to you, it was pretty difficult to stay motivated — especially writing those term papers. But I found a way to make it relevant to my current career. My last assignment was a 22-page research paper on the emergence of advanced analytics in hockey, which was really interesting, because I was able to use statistics to prove some of my gut reactions about the players I go up against in real life.

Edited by The Big Johnson

I bet it is an amazing feeling, playing for your school. The Wings have a lot of Michigan natives/locals on their team right now. Blame the local schools or homerism, but it is kinda neat. Sometimes I wonder if they'd have a better team if there weren't so many locals, if there is some local favoritism happening in the Griffins/Red Wings franchise...

I like these articles. I like humanizing these famous giants of the sport I love.

I think it helps the team bond to the fan base. Look at how all gaga Buffalo fans went over Kaleta, who if he didn't play on his hometown team might never have made it to the NHL.

And I don't think you can single out a single one of the WIngs' Michigan products as not worthy of NHL play.

John Scott will wear a black jersey with the ASG logo on it instead of a team jersey of any kind.

Why don't they just make him where a scarlet A while they're at it.  :rolleyes: