Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

I think murray wants a young team that grows together, Campbell doesn't fit that, besides I doubt florida will let him go from mentoring ekblad.

coughcollegedefenderscough

Seriously though the Panthers have Matheson and McCoshen in their system and I bet we could pry one out if push came to shove.

The sentimental value is obviously there, and he's only got one year left on his monster deal. I still support the idea of bringing him back.

I think murray wants a young team that grows together, Campbell doesn't fit that, besides I doubt florida will let him go from mentoring ekblad.

I also think that GMTM is "anti-sentimental" in that he actually doesn't want to bring back players that were previously with the team.

I also think that GMTM is "anti-sentimental" in that he actually doesn't want to bring back players that were previously with the team.

This is a silly assertion. Has he had an opportunity or reason to do it yet? Getting Campbell isn't a sentimental move. It makes sense for the team. There is just an extra bit of hometown-type stuff there.

This is a silly assertion. Has he had an opportunity or reason to do it yet? Getting Campbell isn't a sentimental move. It makes sense for the team. There is just an extra bit of hometown-type stuff there.

What's silly about it? Just about everything we've heard and seen from GM TM screams that he's anti- or at least non-sentimental.

I mentioned Campbell a while back. He can't play big minutes anymore (let alone for a couple years), but he'd be an upgrade to what we have. The sentimental value is obviously there, and he's only got one year left on his monster deal. I still support the idea of bringing him back.

I dunno, he averaged a bit over 23 minutes last year, which put him at 31st in the league. May not be Drew Doughty minutes, but I'd still consider them pretty big.

I dunno, he averaged a bit over 23 minutes last year, which put him at 31st in the league. May not be Drew Doughty minutes, but I'd still consider them pretty big.

And Florida was in the bottom-half defensively last year.

What's silly about it? Just about everything we've heard and seen from GM TM screams that he's anti- or at least non-sentimental.

AGAIN: getting Campbell wouldn't be a sentimental move. It makes sense for the team. He's not going to avoid a player because the fans have some sentimental relation to them just like he won't add a player purely for that reason.

And Florida was in the bottom-half defensively last year.

Well that's a pretty simplistic way of looking at it. They were 18th in the league in goals allowed, a whopping 2 goals behind Detroit. Guess that Kronwall guy doesn't belong playing big minutes either, right? Some teams other and "big minute" defensemen Florida/Campbell was above: Anaheim/Lindolm, NYI/Boychuck/Leddy, SJ/Vlasic, Arizona/OEL. While I'd agree he has declined, I think you're underselling what he's still capable of.

I mentioned Campbell a while back. He can't play big minutes anymore (let alone for a couple years), but he'd be an upgrade to what we have. The sentimental value is obviously there, and he's only got one year left on his monster deal. I still support the idea of bringing him back.

AGAIN: getting Campbell wouldn't be a sentimental move. 

Chill with the all caps - reserve them for when they're needed (or warranted).

When I read through, I saw you saying there was sentimental value to bringing on Campbell. I then saw Egg rejoin that GM TM hasn't a sentimental bone in his body -- thus eliminating a point of value that you'd identified.

Feck's sake, son. Who's being silly?

Haha, when in god's name are they needed or warranted?!

they have their moments.

to wit:

BRIAN CAMPBELL WILL BE FINE!!!

perhaps more seriously, if someone here has repeatedly failed to grasp or is persistently ignoring a basic tenet of a position you're taking, i can see using the all cap technique for emphasis. 

And this is an obnoxious one.

Oh knock it off. You've been throwing around claims like that for weeks now. Insulting posters while using the exact term. You've played both sides too much lately. Time to get back to being good at what you do.

Oh knock it off. You've been throwing around claims like that for weeks now. Insulting posters while using the exact term. You've played both sides too much lately. Time to get back to being good at what you do.

Ah yes.  The classic spoiled child response to criticism from multiple sources -- "No, I'm not wrong!  Everyone else is wrong!"

Ah yes.  The classic spoiled child response to criticism from multiple sources -- "No, I'm not wrong!  Everyone else is wrong!"

Aud wasn't critical, in my view, he just asked a simple question.  That said, I have not been able to follow a lot today, so maybe there has been other instances.

Anyway, if your obnoxious comment was as a plain old member making it then I think it's appropriate to make it here in the public forum.  On the other hand, if it was made in your official capacity as a mod, then I think it would have been best to have made it in private.

On the other, other hand, what do I know?

Ah yes. The classic spoiled child response to criticism from multiple sources -- "No, I'm not wrong! Everyone else is wrong!"

No. You can not be an ahole in this situation. People are allowed to have opinions. Mine is that asserting something we have no evidence of was silly. You've called others silly and laid out plenty of "obnoxious" posts (especially in the Kane thread) lately. Either be a fair mod where you treat others the way you want to be treated or continue to have posters criticize the way you moderate and the manner in which you act like a major hypocrite.

Edited by Hoss

No. You can not be an ahole in this situation. People are allowed to have opinions. Mine is that asserting something we have no evidence of was silly. You've called others silly and laid out plenty of "obnoxious" posts (especially in the Kane thread) lately. Either be a fair mod where you treat others the way you want to be treated or continue to have posters criticize the way you moderate and the manner in which you act like a major hypocrite.

Dear SabreSpace:  Hoss has been warned previously, on multiple occasions via both posts and PMs, about ill-mannered communications, name-calling, etc.  I am suspending him for 3 days in light of the above.

As always, please feel free to post or PM me with any thoughts on this.

(FWIW, I am aware that as a participant in the above exchange, it is pretty much impossible for me to be impartial.  I think that the pattern of communications and warnings is pretty clear and justifies this action, but I am happy to discuss.)

Thanks.

Dear SabreSpace:  Hoss has been warned previously, on multiple occasions via both posts and PMs, about ill-mannered communications, name-calling, etc.  I am suspending him for 3 days in light of the above.

(FWIW, I am aware that as a participant in the above exchange, it is pretty much impossible for me to be impartial.  I think that the pattern of communications and warnings is pretty clear and justifies this action, but I am happy to discuss.)

Thanks.

I can't say I'd suspend him over the sort of thing that went on upthread, but, then again, I'm not a sheriff around here.

From the content I've posted, I trust Hoss knows that I think that he should moderate his tone and content at times. (I actually muted him (or whatever it's called) as a result of that.)

Of late, I've tried to be more mindful that he's a young fella and sometimes evinces the intemperance often associated with that time of life. He certainly brings a lot to the community.

Dear SabreSpace: Hoss has been warned previously, on multiple occasions via both posts and PMs, about ill-mannered communications, name-calling, etc. I am suspending him for 3 days in light of the above.

(FWIW, I am aware that as a participant in the above exchange, it is pretty much impossible for me to be impartial. I think that the pattern of communications and warnings is pretty clear and justifies this action, but I am happy to discuss.)

Thanks.

I'm going to object to your banning of Hoss on the grounds that you're just as guilty as he is in this exchange. The other posters were moving on from his remark but you decided to respond to what you perceive as obnoxious language with obnoxious language of your own.

I think you need to reconsider your approach to language policing this forum. We have report buttons. Let people use them. If someone reported Hoss for calling their thoughts silly then so be it. But I think you're overreaching.

Dear SabreSpace: Hoss has been warned previously, on multiple occasions via both posts and PMs, about ill-mannered communications, name-calling, etc. I am suspending him for 3 days in light of the above.

(FWIW, I am aware that as a participant in the above exchange, it is pretty much impossible for me to be impartial. I think that the pattern of communications and warnings is pretty clear and justifies this action, but I am happy to discuss.)

Thanks.

While I do think Hoss' delivery could still use some work at times, substantively what happened here is no worse or different than takes place regularly (and indeed, often you yourself engage in) without any repercussions. I just don't think it should be a bannable offense unless it gets particularly vicious and personal.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.