Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Coyotes listening to offers

@azc_mclellan: Talk for a potential trade package for #Coyotes' third pick has run the gamut: NHL-ready players, prospects and picks, Maloney said.

I don't understand this. Is it a move to put in the seats? They need elite, young talent, and #3 offers that. Unless they can really get someone to overpay, I don't get this move. 

I think Edmonton should offer Arizona Draisaitl and #33 for #3 and take Hanifin.

It'll take more than that. Draisaitl's value is like that of a car. He's been driven off the lot. Maybe Draisaitl and 16.

But if you trade away #3 it's either to drop a spot or two or to acquire a plethora of solid assets.

Edited by Hoss

I think Arizona take Strome, if they still have the pick. Giving Edmonton Hanifin anway

You mean Toronto?

I agree Arizona probably wants a big centre and I think Draisaitl is better than Strome.

That's why I make the deal.

God knows the Oilers need and would love Hanifin.

Toronto could make Edmonton the same offer is Hanifan slips to four.

You mean Toronto?

I agree Arizona probably wants a big centre and I think Draisaitl is better than Strome.

That's why I make the deal.

God knows the Oilers need and would love Hanifin.

Toronto could make Edmonton the same offer is Hanifan slips to four.

So I think both Toronto and Arizona pick offence. Both need that big star player that can capture the audience. OEL is a star player, but defence is never as 'cool' as watching someone power past or dangle through a team and score. I think Arizona take Strome and Toronto take Marner. Basically I don't think Edmonton can get back into that top bracket. Draisaitl is not as good as the current draft is evaluated. i could see Carolina working though.

Another solution for Edmonton could be 16 + something to get to a position for Provonov

Edited by ThirtyEight

I wish there wasn't such a need for barber-shop style radio... Schopp just floated the idea of Reinhart for O'Reilly. Such a waste of radio time.

No different from much of what is posted here in terms of ridiculous trade offers.   ;)

Edited by LabattBlue

Reinhart for O'Reilly- just shows you how stupid they are. Don't get me wrong O'Reilly is a solid player but Reinhart could turn into something special. We shall see. Plus I don't like the fact that a guy who hasn't been in the league that long already is having contract issues. I get it he wants to get paid but I don't know if he's worth what he thinks he is. I just hope Murray doesn't trade (overpay again) for a guy like this.

Edited by SabresBillsFan

Sure, but it should be "sane."

To be clear up front, I wouldn't trade Reinhart for O'Reilly. However, what odds would you put on him being significantly better than a 55-60 point player who is stout defensively and drives possession? 50%? Less? I'd hate the trade because of the age and contract differences, as well as where the Sabres are at on the rebuild...but it's not completely nuts.

Coyotes listening to offers

@azc_mclellan: Talk for a potential trade package for #Coyotes' third pick has run the gamut: NHL-ready players, prospects and picks, Maloney said.

ARI will be all in this coming season for local boy Auston Matthews, the consensus 2016 #1 pick.    I'd say they have the inside track to finish 30th, but we all know how that usually works out in the lottery.   

A top prospect, a 2015 1st and a 2016 top 5 probably gets it done.    BUF has all those available... but do they give up their lottery ticket for Matthews as part of the deal?   

To be clear up front, I wouldn't trade Reinhart for O'Reilly. However, what odds would you put on him being significantly better than a 55-60 point player who is stout defensively and drives possession? 50%? Less? I'd hate the trade because of the age and contract differences, as well as where the Sabres are at on the rebuild...but it's not completely nuts.

I'd say the odds are very good. I have a ton of faith in Reinhart.

Trader Tim will certainly be active this week. My hope is he can somehow get rid of Hodgson by trade and resolve the uncertainty surrounding Grigorenko. My biggest fear is that he gives away too many draft picks to acquire an asset he desires. I firmly believe he gave away too much in the Winnipeg trade.  I believe he also gave away too much in the trade with the LA KIngs. He is really burning through all the assets he inherited from the Darcy Regier trades very quickly. This year it ends.

Here is what I fear: he trades #21 for a goalie like Cam Talbot. The price is too high. There are numerous goalies who are available in free agency who can do the job in the short term. I thought Neuvirth and Lindback played well last year.

Another fear is that he trades multiple picks and a prospect, including #21, for an overpriced veteran forward.

My hope is that if he trades #21, then he trades up toward the top 10-12 to get another top prospect without giving away future 1st round picks. I would trade #21 and #31 to get #10 if I had a chance at premium targeted player.

I hope Trader Tim keeps his head and negotiates a good deal or two.

Edited by PotentPowerPlay22

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.