2015 NHL Playoffs: Round 3

LGR4GM

Kimmo Timmonen was a -3 in one game and I don't think has played since. If TB has home ice advantage that last change might be a god send.

As for TB their bottom two lines don't necessarily have to produce, they just need to eat minutes and be defensively responsible which they really are. I think that Ben Bishop will be the key or failure for TB in this final round.

TB - 108

Chi-town - 102

Edited by Taro T

TB - 108

Chi-town - 102

Sorry, what are these numbers? 3/4th line minutes?

Quenneville normally only plays 2 pairs in the playoffs.  It's just what he does.  He usually only rolls 3 forward lines too.  He's won 2 Cups with this philosophy.

Yeah I don't think it's anything indicating how bad his 3rd pair are, I just think that's his strategy. Oduya is certainly not a guy that deserves to be benched 52 minutes for his play. 

Ryan McDonagh was playing with a broken foot. 

Instead of a stick?

I love how this stuff comes out right after a series. Lundqvist is pregnant with triplets. Kreider played with a hair dryer lodged in his rectum. I'll stop.

Speaking of that song, this remains the greatest Buffalo Sabres video on YouTube. Bar none.

Yup that was it. I miss that little 30 second orchestral intro that once introduced Sabres broadcasts.  I wish they would bring that back.  

I thought I also heard that flimsy "Dancing on the Ceiling" song or whatever it was called. Another recent sound track of misery.

Speaking of that song, this remains the greatest Buffalo Sabres video on YouTube. Bar none.

I thought I also heard that flimsy "Dancing on the Ceiling" song or whatever it was called. Another recent sound track of misery.

Fun video to watch. Very creative.

Win or lose in the Cup Finals you have to give it up to the job Steve Yzerman has done in Tampa Bay. Trading for Bishop and Callahan, drafting Kucherov in the 2nd round and Ondrej Palat in the 7th round of the 2011 ended up being great moves. He may have inherited Stamkos but he definitely has his stamp on this team. If Bishop continues to improve the Lightning may be in the Sabres way for a long time. 

At the very least, the stupid league could have home teams wear white during the playoffs.

And nice goal Toews.  Taves?  Whatever.

He had that psycho look in his eye after the goal.  The guy is a real competitor.  I love him.

Plus he kills penalties, plays shutdown center and is an all round decent guy. 

Great at draws too.  He does it all.  

Eleven's comment about Briere and Drury has me thinking of that Game 5 against the Rangers when Drury tied it with a few seconds left and then Maxim scored in OT.  

I can't wait to see a Sabres playoff game again!

Man, Anaheim has had some wonderful scoring chances this period but they aren't going in.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.