2015 NHL Playoffs: Round 3

LGR4GM

Thanks. He seems pretty solid.

I love how, at this level, you can not make a mistake because every player is so engaged with the game. Anaheim, especially, seems tuned into where the puck is, and where it's going, without fail.

I've never been impressed with Crawford. He's always looked clumsy, kicks out a ton of rebounds and not very confident in controlling the puck. Maybe if the Blackhawks hadn't spend $6mil/yr on him they could have afforded #5 and #6 defensemen that they trusted with more than 12 minutes TOI after 80 minutes of play. 

Yup

I wouldn't be so sure. The Rangers are a very good hockey team, and they would have a distinct advantage in goal if they were to play the Blackhawks. I think Anaheim is the best team right now, but the Rangers, while often playing a less-than-entertaining style of game, are a real threat.

I don't think any of these teams should be counted out. Chicago and Tampa are both fantastic offensive forces with solid defense corps but are lacking consistent goaltending right now. The Rangers have a defensive system backed by the best goaltender in the game but hasn't been able to consistently generate offense while the King has shown to be capable of a bad game or two. Anaheim has everything going for them but is still in a 2-2 series with a team that has more experience in winning playoff games.

I don't think any of these teams should be counted out. Chicago and Tampa are both fantastic offensive forces with solid defense corps but are lacking consistent goaltending right now. The Rangers have a defensive system backed by the best goaltender in the game but hasn't been able to consistently generate offense while the King has shown to be capable of a bad game or two. Anaheim has everything going for them but is still in a 2-2 series with a team that has more experience in winning playoff games.

Yup. I think that it could go either way with any of the remaining four teams. It seemed like the first two rounds were more lopsided than usual, leading to a closer conference final and most likely final.

I still think there are too many people on the ice. The linesmen need to each have their own box opposite the bench overlooking a blue line. They can blow the play dead from inside the box when an offsides occurs but still have the option of leaving the box if the refs need help controlling the game. 

I've seen way to many instances this postseason where the officials make little to no effort in getting out of the way. 

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Shite. 2 quick ones for the Ducks

Chicago looks tired. No shots on goal at the 13 min. mark.

They do look tired. I would be alright with the Ducks winning this series because Crawford has revealed himself to be an ass on the ice.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.