Superdraft - where would every NHL player get picked today?

SDS

Am I missing something? Why did qwk pick in Flagg's spots? Was there some sort of trade/ownership change?

The people want to know! :unsure:

I originally had picks 28 and 29.  Flagg took pity on me and traded since he had 2 high picks.  That was only for the first round, though.

Jon Taves for Patrice Bergeron and OEL.  That's a good trade.

Can we see the entire order for round 2?

31. TrueBlue - Pavel Datsyuk

32. Qwk - Duncan Keith

33. Qwk - Zach Parise

34. 3Putt -

35. Thorny -

36. Liger -

37. Hoss -

38. Hoss -

39. Whisky

40. Derrico -

41. JJ -

42. Taro -

43. Dudacek -

44. Freeman -

45. Ubkev -

46. Ubkev -

47. Taro -

48. 3Putt -

49. Whisky -

50. TrueBlue -

51. Derrico -

52. Thorny -

53. WildCard -

54. Eleven -

55. Dudacek -

56. Flagg -

57. JJ -

58. Liger -

59. Flagg -

60. WildCard -

I cannot believe you took both of my next picks. Full disclosure: I saw this and went to bed instead of researching who to take next.

Anyway, I am taking somebody who always seems to be forgotton in discussions of stud defensemen: Alex Pietrangelo. 

With the first pick of the second round, I am proud to select an oldie but a goodie: Pavel Datsyuk.

Major thread violation!

As for Datsyuk:  this raises (or, if you prefer business jargon, "surfaces") one of the simmering controversies underlying this thread:  what, exactly, are we drafting?  To me, dudacek's "most valuable" mandate includes an age component -- i.e. I think most here would take a younger star over an older star on the theory that the ostensibly longer period of time you'd have the younger star makes him more valuable.  OTOH, if you were assembling a team with the goal of winning this year and this year only, a guy like Datsyuk, who appears to have one or 2 seasons left (and others, e.g. Getzlaf), would shoot up the ranking.

Or maybe TBPHD factored in age and took Datsyuk anyway because he wanted him on his team anyway.

Major thread violation!

As for Datsyuk:  this raises (or, if you prefer business jargon, "surfaces") one of the simmering controversies underlying this thread:  what, exactly, are we drafting?  To me, dudacek's "most valuable" mandate includes an age component -- i.e. I think most here would take a younger star over an older star on the theory that the ostensibly longer period of time you'd have the younger star makes him more valuable.  OTOH, if you were assembling a team with the goal of winning this year and this year only, a guy like Datsyuk, who appears to have one or 2 seasons left (and others, e.g. Getzlaf), would shoot up the ranking.

Or maybe TBPHD factored in age and took Datsyuk anyway because he wanted him on his team anyway.

I was down to Getzlaf and Couture for my last pick and went with Logan for reasons similar to your logic. I'm really excited for the selections to be complete so we can start comparing all our rosters based on completely different initial assumptions about our purpose.  :ph34r:

Here's my dream starting lineup:

LW Brynden Tully - C Ned Stark -  RW Oberyn Martell

LD Bobby B           -           RD The Hound

G   Cersei Lannister

That's a team that wins no matter what.

Until your starting center goes out with a career ending neck injury.

Here's my dream starting lineup:

LW Brynden Tully - C Ned Stark -  RW Oberyn Martell

LD Bobby B           -           RD The Hound

G   Cersei Lannister

That's a team that wins no matter what.

Your goalie sucks, everyone can score on Cersei.... 

My starting lineup would be 

LW Daenerys Targaryen - C Barristan Selmy - RW Arya Stark

LD The Hound - RD Brienne of Tarth

G - John Snow

Until your starting center goes out with a career ending neck injury.

Your goalie sucks, everyone can score on Cersei.... 

Well done.

I like the pairing of great 2 way center Barry the Bold with two more offensively minded wingers.  Arya's got the grit.

Jon Snow isn't nearly crazy enough to be a goalie, however.

Well done.

I like the pairing of great 2 way center Barry the Bold with two more offensively minded wingers.  Arya's got the grit.

Jon Snow isn't nearly crazy enough to be a goalie, however.

Really?  Would you turn down naked Melisandre?  He's a little crazy.

My 2nd line would be 

lw Daario Naharis - C Robb Stark - rw Loras Tyrell

LD Bronn - RD Khal Drogo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.