64 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Sabres Jerseys, Pick three

• 1970-96 Home "Classic" White
    • 1970-96 Away "Classic" Blue
    • 1996-06 Home "Goat" White
    • 2000-06 Alternate "Red Crossing Sabres"
    • Winter Classic Jersey
    • 2011 Alternate 40th Anniversary

Hard to believe that it's been over 2 years without a sighting of the *wolf*.

"We're all told at some point that we can no longer troll online about the children's game, we just don't... don't know when that's gonna be.  Some of us are told at eighteen, some of us are told at forty, but we're all told." -Moneyballs

The goat heads were great. Very underrated.

The goat head uniforms are gorgeous.  Had the Sabres been an expansion team in 1996, they would have been an instant classic.  All the heart burn comes from the fact that they have literally nothing in common with what the team wore from 1970 to 1996.  If the Montreal Canadiens completely changed their look, fans would be outraged at whatever they came up with -- even if it was objectively a great design -- because we already know what the Canadiens are supposed to look like.  The same way we did with the Sabres.

(Of course, had we won in 2006, maybe the Goathead becomes permanent...)

The white 1970 jersey is still the best.  The logo is perfect without all the random silver outlines and royal blue and bright yellow are the best color combo.

I'm looking forward to the Sabres going back to their original color scheme and unveiling a non-horrible gold alternate in time for their golden anniversary in a few years.  Then I hope they keep that set together for about 25 years.

The goat head uniforms are gorgeous. Had the Sabres been an expansion team in 1996, they would have been an instant classic. All the heart burn comes from the fact that they have literally nothing in common with what the team wore from 1970 to 1996. If the Montreal Canadiens completely changed their look, fans would be outraged at whatever they came up with -- even if it was objectively a great design -- because we already know what the Canadiens are supposed to look like. The same way we did with the Sabres.

The white 1970 jersey is still the best. The logo is perfect without all the random silver outlines and royal blue and bright yellow are the best color combo.

I'm looking forward to the Sabres going back to their original color scheme and unveiling a non-horrible gold alternate in time for their golden anniversary in a few years. Then I hope they keep that set together for about 25 years.

I agree, if they took the gray out, lightened the blue, and based a third off of something like the Otters' third, it'd be wonderful.

The goat head uniforms are gorgeous.  Had the Sabres been an expansion team in 1996, they would have been an instant classic.  All the heart burn comes from the fact that they have literally nothing in common with what the team wore from 1970 to 1996.  If the Montreal Canadiens completely changed their look, fans would be outraged at whatever they came up with -- even if it was objectively a great design -- because we already know what the Canadiens are supposed to look like.  The same way we did with the Sabres.

The white 1970 jersey is still the best.  The logo is perfect without all the random silver outlines and royal blue and bright yellow are the best color combo.

I'm looking forward to the Sabres going back to their original color scheme and unveiling a non-horrible gold alternate in time for their golden anniversary in a few years.  Then I hope they keep that set together for about 25 years.

There isn't a damned thing I like about those goat head unis.  the colors are flat out wrong.  the logo is awful.  the theme is too busy.  the red thirds from that era are the only ones with a clean, simple design.  Chicago showed everyone how to do red and black right.

There isn't a damned thing I like about those goat head unis.  the colors are flat out wrong.  the logo is awful.  the theme is too busy.  the red thirds from that era are the only ones with a clean, simple design.  Chicago showed everyone how to do red and black right.

I don't think it's busy at all.

Sabres22.png

What we have now is actually a lot busier -- with the random armpit blobs and the weird vertical piping.  Compared to most of the post-Reebok Edge uniforms, this is pretty tame.

I don't think it's busy at all.

What we have now is actually a lot busier -- with the random armpit blobs and the weird vertical piping.  Compared to most of the post-Reebok Edge uniforms, this is pretty tame.

I guess we have different ideas of what constitutes busy. 4 colors.  Weird angles.  Unequal spacing in the stripes.  That is busy.,

I find the current unis busier than I prefer too,

Look at Chicago for what a black jersey should be.  1999 is about right.

Edited by weave

The goat head uniforms are gorgeous. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Those unis were HIDEOUS.  They looked like the uniforms of a cheap made-up franchise for a movie or something.  I hated those uniforms and still do.  The turdburger is better than the goatheads.

I used to brag about how nice our jerseys are, but the more I look at our home blues the more I think they're among the worst in the league. What. The. .

WHY would you just throw a floating grey stripe up the side? What's with the grey armpit? Seriously... What is the point of it? I just looks like a miscolored patch.

The blue is WAY too dark... Hard to tell if it's black or blue... What's with the horribly thin yellow with thicker grey? Just drop the grey. Period. Lighten the blue. Prosper. Suck a dick, people who think they're creative but just ruin my life instead.

I only selected one.  the classic home whites.  The rest are all inferior and not worthy of my vote.

and if we're gonna get specific, I want 80-83 home whites.

Your favorites are the ones from when the seamstress stitching the front logo seemed to either be arthritic or drunk? :o