GDT: The Lottery (Eichel is OURS)

Johnny DangerFace

Even Milbury looked bummed for the kid.  Edmonton does nothing for the NHL to market to the US audience.  It is not a good TV fit.  Even if they sign him...there will not be a flood of free agent talent wanting to play there. It is not the 80s and Gretzky.  

yeah, and Milbury made that semi-douche about Buffalo being crushed - buzz off 

By the way, all of those out there touting the signing of Mike Babcock, do you truly believe he is coming now? Really really believe it? I do not think so. And yes, McDavid will sign with Edmonton as they also have a youthful club. He could very well be the next Gretzky. Let the comparisons between McDavid and Eichel start now. The coach Buffalo hires this season will be ever so important now. If it is Luke Richardson, hope he brings that Binghampton magic with him. No way Edmonton deals the McDavid pick either. That is guaranteed ticket sales and ###### in the seats. As for a goaltender, I think if Edmonton shores up the rest of their game, their goaltending is decent. Plenty goalies out there, ask the Sabres!

Yes.  I believe that IF Murray decides to go after Babcock, Pegula will make him an offer he can't refuse.  McDavid OR Eichel will be a key selling point with Babcock, along with the other young talented guys on the team.

They just gave Yakupov a major deal, to me Hopkins could be movable for a good Dman or Goalie and no, I don't want him as a Sabres fan. 

If I were the Oilers. I would trade Hopkins to Phoenix and try and get that #3 plus something else.  

yeah, and Milbury made that semi-douche about Buffalo being crushed - buzz off 

Ya that comment pissed me off too. We should be f-ing ecstatic to have the best player we have drafted since Perrault/Turgeon.  Yes we were o' so close to McDavid but whatever this is still a big fat win for the Sabres. 

They just gave Yakupov a major deal, to me Hopkins could be movable for a good Dman or Goalie and no, I don't want him as a Sabres fan. 

I never thought they would come here. Just Edmonton should be very active.  They have a glut now..  And the glut isn't necessarily meshing.

My guess is a few of those prior year Edmonton number 1 picks might become available on draft day.

Yes, forget about McDavid.  We have Eichel and who really knows who will be the better player?  I like having the guy trying to prove he should have been picked number one who was born in the US and happy to play for Buffalo (not dreaming about Toronto).  So Murray should poach one of Edmonton's young offensive talents for one of our defenders and/or picks.  We have a good young D - we just need the O.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.