A modest proposal

Doohickie

When posting about "Mike" Grigorenko, think about abbreviating his name "Grigo" instead of "Grigs" so that it's easier to distinguish his name from "Girgs" (Girgensons).  Also, if you fat-finger the "ri" and type "ir" by mistake, it'll be easier to determine that the true intent was Grigo.

Does that make sense?

Edited by Neuvichs Perchatka

When posting about "Mike" Grigorenko, think about abbreviating his name "Grigo" instead of "Grigs" so that it's easier to distinguish his name from "Girgs" (Girgensons).  Also, if you fat-finger the "ri" and type "ir" by mistake, it'll be easier to determine that the true intent was Grigo.

Does that make sense?

Until and unless a player's "official" nickname is known (what he's called in the lockerroom), how bout we stop trying to use cute fansie nicknames for these guys and just use, ya know, their name?

Until and unless a player's "official" nickname is known (what he's called in the lockerroom), how bout we stop trying to use cute fansie nicknames for these guys and just use, ya know, their name?

Some of these guys have hard to spell names. Especially the French guys. We need to give Deslsuriersesa a nickname like yesterday.

Can't speak for everyone but my motivation for abbreviation is 100% laziness. Not trying to be fansie.

Does that make sense?

I personally like using Zemgus for Girgensons because it really stands out

I'd say screw nicknames all together, that and initials.

While I don't disagree I think because of the nature of the internet people will always abbreviate. 

For SEO purposes, please spell the first and last names, correctly and in full, with a little supporting text like "Buffalo Sabres Center Zemgus Girgensons"... Do this every time.

Thanks. :thumbsup:  ;)

it's okay

giphy.gif

watch your hand there buddy...

For SEO purposes, please spell the first and last names, correctly and in full, with a little supporting text like "Buffalo Sabres Center Zemgus Girgensons"... Do this every time.

Thanks. :thumbsup:  ;)

watch your hand there buddy...

He needs to watch far more than his hand.  That's not the heimlich maneuver he's giving there.

How about we just spell everything out so we all know where everybody is coming from? Does it take that much more time? I literally SWMT reading posts where somebody uses ATN can figure out. INBATRWIA!! LOL

:P

Edited by JJFIVEOH

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.