GDT Sabres at NYI 4-4-15 7PM MSG, GR 550

Brawndo

How's everyone's blood pressure doing?

Four more games, unless this season kills us before then.

Islanders coming off a SO Loss to CBJ and have not clinched a playoff spot as of yet.

After last night ANYTHING can happen.

It's not the blood pressure that I'm worried about

Worth posting again:

Buffalo Sabres @BuffaloSabres · 57 minutes ago

The #Sabres have outshot their opponents in 4 straight games for the 1st time since Nov. 2 to 8, 2011. #CHIvsBUF

Now that the fans are close to having something to be excited about, Teddy and the boys want to send a message.  Of course.  

Four games left in what will probably go down as the most "Buffalo" season in the history of Buffalo sports.

Worth posting again:

The #Sabres have outshot their opponents in 4 straight games for the 1st time since Nov. 2 to 8, 2011. #CHIvsBUF

Now that the fans are close to having something to be excited about, Teddy and the boys want to send a message.  Of course.  

Four games left in what will probably go down as the most "Buffalo" season in the history of Buffalo sports.

Win and we get McDavid.

Lose and we get Eichel.

How's everyone's blood pressure doing?

I think I'm having stroke, aneurism, seizures amongst other things.

It's not the blood pressure that I'm worried about

Other things!

I expect the Sabres will be a little worn out tonight after banging everything in sight last night. Party on.

I expect the Sabres will be a little worn out tonight after banging everything in sight last night. Party on.

I mentioned it in the CHL thread: the Chicago loss is the perfect thing for this team if we want them to finish the tank. I think the NYI game will tell us a lot. If they come out listless then hopefully we can get these last 4 games out of the way and on to bigger and better things. 

I mentioned it in the CHL thread: the Chicago loss is the perfect thing for this team if we want them to finish the tank. I think the NYI game will tell us a lot. If they come out listless then hopefully we can get these last 4 games out of the way and on to bigger and better things. 

I had to watch the game delayed by about two hours and haven't set foot in the CHL thread yet. Sorry if it was overlapping comments. Seems like we're on the same page. I will post in the CHL.  I just need to decompress a little right now. For a last place team, the amount of energy and emotion being invested right now by (hey Mike Weber) us fans has never occurred before. I think.

So this Isle game I think we come out like Chi did tonight and look good. And then the isle get fed up and say lets take it to them and wear us out. This will be another amazing game for a last place team. So much emotion.

Hell I don't think I even made into the GDT today at all. Maybe wrong though. Things are starting to get blurry over multiple threads.

I had to watch the game delayed by about two hours and haven't set foot in the CHL thread yet. Sorry if it was overlapping comments. Seems like we're on the same page. I will post in the CHL.  I just need to decompress a little right now. For a last place team, the amount of energy and emotion being invested right now by (hey Mike Weber) us fans has never occurred before. I think.

So this Isle game I think we come out like Chi did tonight and look good. And then the isle get fed up and say lets take it to them and wear us out. This will be another amazing game for a last place team. So much emotion.

Hell I don't think I even made into the GDT today at all. Maybe wrong though. Things are starting to get blurry over multiple threads.

No worries, I didn't mean to come off like I was chastising or anything, just thought the idea was worth repeating.

Toews scoring his second goal was the most excited I've been during a game all season. Legitimate playoff runs had me much more invested than the Shart run, but I will say this is the most anxious I've been for the Sabres in awhile. It sucks that it comes on the opposing end of them, but I won't lie, it's nice to have something to be excited/root for. Thank God it's only for four more games though

I won't be able to watch the Isles game, going out to the city with some friends, but I'll be monitoring this thread updates. 

No worries, I didn't mean to come off like I was chastising or anything, just thought the idea was worth repeating.

Toews scoring his second goal was the most excited I've been during a game all season. Legitimate playoff runs had me much more invested than the Shart run, but I will say this is the most anxious I've been for the Sabres in awhile. It sucks that it comes on the opposing end of them, but I won't lie, it's nice to have something to be excited/root for. Thank God it's only for four more games though

No worries bro you didn't come off as chastising and I certainly didn't take it that way. I think your second paragraph speaks for all of us! God Speed this f'n thing! Bizarro world we're living in. 

Nothing seems like it's going to be easy for us fans.  Last night, they nearly completed another come-from-behind victory, this time against a good team (on the second game of a back-to-back with late night travel).  They won't give in to the Islanders.  We can only hope that the stakes are high enough for the Isles to push them (NYI) over the top.

We needed 4 of 10 games to "go our way" (i.e., Sabres losses in regulation or Coyotes wins; Sabres and Coyotes OT/SO losses each would count as 1/2) and we got a magical one last night, so now we need 3 of 8.  Sabres have three tough opponents (and one weak one), but I wouldn't count on three losses.  Have to hope for one (or even two halves) from AZ.  They started poorly against the Sharks last night, but their backup still kept them in a game in which they were terribly out shot and started down two early.  Let's hope they play them a little tougher tonight at home and that Mike Smith actually plays well.  Reports were that both Sharks' goalies have been sick.  'Yotes didn't test Niemi enough, but maybe they can get on Stalock if he plays.

Edited by carpandean

We needed 4 of 10 games to "go our way" (i.e., Sabres losses in regulation or Coyotes wins; Sabres and Coyotes OT/SO losses each would count as 1/2) and we got a magical one last night, so now we need 3 of 8.

I am going to need this type of scorecard going forward because I will get sick to my stomach if I do it myself (fearing the worst case scenarios will come true). Thanks for posting.

I love the personality our team has taken on but not surprised with the team under Nolan. We have had some real strong third periods of late. Here's a vote for 30th and Nolan having a shot to continue building the culture he has started. Who can't love a team with no quit?

I am going to need this type of scorecard going forward because I will get sick to my stomach if I do it myself (fearing the worst case scenarios will come true). Thanks for posting.

I love the personality our team has taken on but not surprised with the team under Nolan. We have had some real strong third periods of late. Here's a vote for 30th and Nolan having a shot to continue building the culture he has started. Who can't love a team with no quit?

Agreed and if he can somehow learn to get guys like Grigs and Larson to continue develop the way they have and not just bench them... maybe out of necessity, he is learning how to deal with young guys?  Maybe.

Just for complete accuracy, I should add that if we go 4-0-0 with all four wins in regulation/OT and the Coyotes go 3-1-0 with all three wins coming in the shootout, then we would end up tied in points with 60 and tied in ROW with 18, so we would lose out on the head-to-head tiebreaker. :death:

What's really fun to think about is that, were that to happen, and the Oilers were to lose out in regulation, then the Sabres would finish in 28th. :o

As long as we don't win out and/or the Oilers pick up at least a loser point, then we can finish no lower than 29th.

Edited by carpandean

Besides the obvious two, there are some other games to watch:

- Vancouver beating Winnipeg would almost guarantee them a playoff spot by the time they play Arizona.

- Regardless of whether Calgary wins, they will be playing for their playoff lives when they face Arizona, but I'm thinking that a win would probably be better.  Of course, a loser-point for Edmonton would help us forget about them, once and for all.

- Columbus is playing well, despite being out of the playoffs, so hopefully they'll try to play spoiler against the Pens.  We may need Pittsburgh to actually try in the last game.

- A Rangers loss would help ensure that the Ducks don't have anything to play for in their last game against Arizona.  We may need Anaheim to not try in that one.

Bryan Trottier gets to go to the Nassau Coliseum one last time.  Shouldn't the players want to allow him to be able to relive his greatest memories of his playing days by having the Islanders dominate and win in regulation?  :devil:

My analysis hasn't changed though - I fully expect the Sabres to pick up 2 points tonight.

Worth posting again:

So does this timeframe fall right in line with the fans cheering Arizona? If so, I can't even write down what I want to express about them....

So does this timeframe fall right in line with the fans cheering Arizona? If so, I can't even write down what I want to express about them....

If there is any causal relationship whatsoever, then the players owe the entire fan base an apology. They should apologize to the tankers for wanting to ruin something for them at the last, most painful moment possible. And they should apologize to the fans who had their backs all along because they went 95% of a season giving that group less entertainment than they could have. It also makes them a giant bunch of hypocrites for espousing hard work all year while not actually working that hard. It also destroys the Nolan as master motivator narrative.

I don't buy it. We're all losing our heads as this thing winds down :lol:

Worth posting again:

I would send Nolan and 'the boys' clear messages on April 12th if the Tank fails -  big, bright, bold pink slips to one and all.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.