GDT Sabres at NYI 4-4-15 7PM MSG, GR 550

Brawndo

I wonder if Murray is the least bit peeved that Nolan's goaltender usage contributed to losing Hackett's rights. The injury certainly played a role (although getting his games in last second is sort of like cramming for a test instead of studying all along), and Hackett doesn't look like an NHL goaltender...but it could be the principle of the matter.

Losing the rights to a promising young player? A good reason to fire a coach you say?

I wonder if Murray is the least bit peeved that Nolan's goaltender usage contributed to losing Hackett's rights. The injury certainly played a role (although getting his games in last second is sort of like cramming for a test instead of studying all along), and Hackett doesn't look like an NHL goaltender...but it could be the principle of the matter.

Did he have to play in the NHL or just be on the roster?  Because I don't think he was even on the roster for 7 games or whatever was required, and that's on Murray.

And maybe it's because of his injury situation but I didn't see him as a promising anything.

Edited by Neuvichs Perchatka

Did he have to play in the NHL or just be on the roster?  Because I don't think he was even on the roster for 7 games or whatever was required, and that's on Murray.

And maybe it's because of his injury situation but I didn't see him as a promising anything.

He had to play more than 30 minutes in the required number of games.

I bet Tim is alllll broke up about that man's rights.

Edited by d4rksabre

It's amazing watching these games. The Sabres have been big underdogs in Las Vegas in every single game. They've been badly outplayed in almost every game they've played and still, they are in games against good teams on a nightly basis. Hockey is a extremely lucky and random sport.

People should really take note for when the Sabres are good again and get beaten by a bad team on a Friday night and we start to freak out. lol

Not luck exactly. Hockey is a game where you can slow the opposition through hustle. Just make yourself a complete pain in the tush and leave no room to operate. It's a big gripe that weaker teams can easily drag down good ones, making the games tough to watch. Edited by Promonov Robotnik

But has he even been on the roster for the required number of games?

I don't know that.  Nor do I know the required number.  I just know that he was put in after the first period a week or so ago so he could get his thirty.

Losing the rights to a promising young player? A good reason to fire a coach you say?

Yea, I wouldn't call Hackett promising.

We've played 15 games since Johnson's injury, Hackett has been available for all but the last 2, so 13 eligible games...Lindback got 9 of them.

I bet Tim is alllll broke up about that man's rights.

I'm saying it's the principle, not the player. 

Yea, I wouldn't call Hackett promising.

We've played 15 games since Johnson's injury, Hackett has been available for all but the last 2, so 13 eligible games...Lindback got 9 of them.

I'm saying it's the principle, not the player.

If I can't argue principle you can't either :p

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.